Look at Me (Jungkook)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"What's sourcing part of again?"

"Recruitment. Come on, man. You have to know by now."

"I was just confused. It's late, my mind can't function well."

Miya looked at her taller friend, Jules. His messy hair stuck out from under his beanie and almost reached his sleepy, light colored eyes. 

"Okay, you're right. I'm tired, too. Let's just call it a night."

The two students picked their jackets and warm drinks up, thanking the boy—who was almost a friend at this point, given the amount of time they spent at the café and running into him. They even knew his name: Andy—behind the counter before stepping out into the chilly early winter air.

"Walk you to your dorm?" Jules asked, pulling the jacket on.

"Thanks." Her response was automatic, though she knew this was a routine now: Jules and her studying for oncoming midterms or working on presentations until past dinner time every weekend, sipping on coffee (hot chocolate, for Miya), and then Jules walking Miya back to her dorm before heading to his studio apartment. 

She thanked him again once they reached her building and Jules gave her a quick hug.

Counting her lucky stars for the billionth time that got her registered in time to book an individual dorm, she threw her bags aside, running to plug her laptop in, just as her phone buzzed with a message from her friend, Mei:

 

Hey come on already we're here 

 

Sorry I got late! Presentation next week. Gimme 5, she texted back.

 

The notifications on her group chat were going  out of control by the time she logged in.

"MIYA!" a chorus of voices sounded from her screen, and the said girl immediately looked up and grinned at her friends' slightly pixelated faces.

Jimin, Mei, Taehyung, and Hoseok sitting together behind one webcam, Namjoon and Yerin behind another, and Jungkook, Yoongi and Seokjin in their separate settings.

"Where have you been, woman?" Mei practically screamed into the mic just as Hoseok screamed in general behind her.

"I'm sorry!" Miya responded, finally taking her jacket off. "Jules and I got a little late. We've a presentation coming up next week and it's just a torture."

"Are you even eating?" Seokjin asked, leaning forward and squinting at his screen. "Have you lost weight?"

"I might have, the past month has been crazy."

"Just let it be, kid," Yoongi drawled, his voice momentarily disturbed by static.

"I wish I could. But it's half my—"

"Miya~" Jimin sang. "You should've never left. I can't take care of you anymore."

From the corner of her eye, Miya noticeed Jungkook's gaze settle on his screen, his expressions amused.

"Don't you mean we?" Yerin asked. "Seriously, though. Four months in, and look at you! You look even more like a skeleton!"

"And you didn't start off the healthiest, honestly," Mei added.

"Oh, we can all agree on that," the youngest chimed in.

"Excuse you, muscle pig."

Jungkook chuckled at that. "When will you come back?"

Tired, Miya sighed and slouched in her seat. "Soon. I miss you guys."

"WE MISS YOU, TOO!" Hoseok screamed, puckering his lips right at the camera.

Miya touched the lens with her fingers, grinning at the older boy. "Why don't you come to Prague?"

"If you're paying, I'll keep you company forever." Jungkook grinned when Miya stuck her tongue out at him.

"But we should go to meet baby Miyooyoo sometime!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"TaeTae! I'm not a baby!"

Mei bumped her shoulders against Taehyung's. "I taught you well, pretty boy."

"Baby Miyooyoo," Namjoon echoed and everyone laughed, except for Yoongi, who chose to smirk ever so slightly.

"Whatever," Miya mumbled, for the lack of a better response. "Shouldn't you guys be asleep?"

"We we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter