023

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

Hyeyoung kept slipping in and out of consciousness. She opened her eyes and the sun rays blinded her, then everything became dark. A while later, her eyes opened a little and saw the ceiling and white light rushing past before her then her world swirled before her eyes closed again.

The only thing constant was a soothing deep voice, keeping her away from the white light that was trying to get her attention. Hye, stay with me. I'm here for you. This sentence kept repeating itself in Hyeyoung's head and it managed to get her further and further away from the white light.

Sir, you can't go in.

But I want to accompany her!

Sir, please stay here. She is in good hands now.

Hyeyoung heard fragments of the moments before she was wheeled into the operating theatre. In there, the anaesthetic mask placed over her nose and mouth. Her eyes opened a little and saw many circles of white light. Her vision swimmed in front of her.

The anaesthetic is working, Dr Baek.

That was the last thing Hyeyoung heard before darkness claimed her.

***

Kris' hands were clasped tightly together as he sat outside the operating theatre. He then buried his face in his palm, terribly worried for Hyeyoung. He was afraid that he would lose Hyeyoung for life. He just only managed to get her in his life and he didn't want to lose her now.

Code Blue! Code Blue! Nurses called out as they came out of the operating theatre. Kris got up from the chairs and grabbed onto the arm of one of the nurses. "What happened?" He asked, a bad feeling bubbling in his gut.

She is losing a lot of blood. But we are getting blood from the blood bank now. The news sunk in and Kris' tears fell. "Please, save her..." Kris pleaded and the nurse nodded.

***

Hyeyoung's eyes opened, in the middle of the operation, and she could feel the pain. The head nurse realised that Hyeyoung was gaining consciousness and another dose of anaesthetic was added. Hyeyoung's vision became blotchy and darkness overcame her again, but she could still hear the people around her

Dr Baek! She is losing a lot of blood.

Code Blue! She needs a blood transfusion now!

What is this patient's blood type?!

B+! B+ Sir!

We need Type B+ blood now!

Hyeyoung pleaded, in her mind, "Please, I don't want to die just yet..." And she became unconscious again.

***

"Hey... She's waking up, call the doctor." Kris said, when he saw Hyeyoung stirring in her sleep and Auntie Mei went to get the doctor. "How are you feeling Hye?" Kris asked when Hyeyoung opened her eyes. "Where am I?" She asked and Kris helped her sit up. "You are in the hospital, you suffered a knife at your abdomen and a blow to the back of your head." Kris explained.

"I was so afraid that I would lose you. You lost a lot of blood just now, they even have to give you a blood transfusion." Kris said and Hyeyoung just let out a groan in reply and she leaned against the bed frame to rest. Hyeyoung felt really weak and didn't have energy to talk. She pointed at the water jug and Kris immediately poured her a glass of water.

"How are you feeling?" Kris asked, since Hyeyoung did not answer him earlier. "I'm fine..." Hyeyoung said weakly when she thought of Yiyang. "Where is Yiyang?" Hyeyoung asked. Kris said, "Don't be so agitated. Take care of yourself first." Hyeyoung couldn't care less about herself and she tried to get out of bed. "Where are you going?" Kris asked and reached out to hold onto Hyeyoung.

"Don't touch me! Where is my son? Where is- ugh..." Hyeyoung stood up herself with her hand on her abdomen and her other hand supporting herself. She almost reached the door when her abdomen hurt, like her wound was- "Hye! You are bleeding again!" Kris exclaimed. Hyeyoung's knees buckled and she fell onto the floor, with her hand still over her wound.

Her lips were turning pale and she was shivering. "Doctor!" Kris yelled as he knelt beside Hyeyoung, making her lean against him as support. Hyeyoung looked at her hand and saw blood. Her hospital shirt was starting to get stained by blood. "Doctor!" Kris yelled again and Hyeyoung's body relaxed. "Hyeyoung!" Kris exclaimed when he realised Hyeyoung had fainted.

***

Kris made his way to the side of Hyeyoung's bed, as he watched her sleep. Auntie Mei came in a while later and Kris turned his head, and saw Yiyang in Auntie Mei's arms. "Auntie Mei, where did you go?" Kris asked and carried Yiyang from her. "I received a call from the nurses that took care of Yiyang. I went to get him." Auntie Mei replied.

"Omma..." Yiyang squealed and everyone's attention turned to Hyeyoung. She was waking up and Auntie Mei immediately called for the doctor and nurses. They came running in and told Kris and Auntie Mei to wait outside the ward as they checked up on Hyeyoung. Yiyang wrapped his arms around Kris' neck and pointed at Hyeyoung's ward.

"Not yet, the doctors are checking on your omma." Kris told Yiyang and the little kid pouted. The doctor came out and told Kris that Hyeyoung was fine, but she got too agitated earlier, so her wound tore open again. "I'll watch over her, thank you doctor." Kris said. "Yiyang... Yiyang..." Hyeyoung muttered in her sleep. "Yiyang!" Hyeyoung shouted as she abruptly sat up from her lying position.

She then winced in pain from the sudden movement and shot her head up when she heard Yiyang's voice, "Omma~" "Oh my baby," Hyeyoung cooed as she held her arms opened wide, and Kris handed Yiyang to her. She held him tightly in her arms, not caring of her surroundings. "Hye." Kris voiced out and Hyeyoung looked at him with teary eyes.

"I have something to say to you." Kris said. Yiyang sat on Hyeyoung's laps as she backhugged her son. "Hyeyoung, I love you." Kris said and Hyeyoung smiled. "I feel that I really have to say this now. I am so afraid that I might not have the chance to say it in the future. Park Hyeyoung, I love you, ever since elementary school, I just didn't realise it yet."

Hyeyoung's tears escaped her eyes and Kris cupped her face, wiping her tears away with his thumbs. "I hope to be the reason why you smile, I want to protect you. I want to make you mine." Kris said and he knelt down on one knee in front of Hyeyoung. "So, Park Hyeyoung, will you marry me?" Kris proposed. "Appa~" Yiyang pointed at Kris and Hyeyoung patted his head.

"His second word~" Hyeyoung said and kissed Yiyang on his forehead. She then looked at Kris and nodded her head. Kris beamed in satisfaction and slipped the ring onto Hyeyoung's ring finger. Hyeyoung admired the ring and smiled at her son. She showed her son the ring and cooed, "Hey, omma is getting married~" Yiyang clapped his hands in happiness and wrapped his short arms around Hyeyoung's neck.

Kris smiled widely as Yiyang turned back to look at him, calling him Appa. He then wrapped his arms around his new family and kissed Hyeyoung's lips and Yiyang's forehead. Kris then carried Yiyang from Hyeyoung and played with his new son. Hyeyoung watched the two of them, and smiled. There she was, with an injury, but Kris was always there for her. He was injured for her, and he was worried for her. He cared for Yiyang like he was his own.

Hyeyoung shifted her position on the bed and tried not to move too abruptly, so it would affect her wound. After so many years, after losing Tao, after so many incidents in my life, I'm finally back together with my best friend.

 


Hey dear readers, this is the last chapter to this sequel. Thank you to all my readers and subscribers. Thank you guys for commenting and for subscribing. Thank you for all the upvotes too. I hope I didn't disappoint you guys and thank you for supporting this story.

Thank you guys for reading this story. I really appreciate it, and I really enjoyed writing this story. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this story too~ Please support my other stories if you may~ ^^ Gomawoyo~ Saranghanda~

 

MrsChanana