011

Back Together with My Best Friend

Tao's POV

I woke up as cold water splashed onto me. The cuts on my face stung as the water landed on me. I immediately looked around me and saw Jackson gone, only his other right-hand man and his two underlings in the place with me. I felt that the tension in the room was getting a little too weird and my heart started to beat quickly. I knew something was up.

Suddenly the door opened and I saw two other guys dragging a girl in. My heart stopped when I realised who she was. "Hyeyoung..."

 

Hyeyoung's POV

I was at home when the doorbell rang. Thinking that it was Tao at the door, I opened it and immediately tried to shut it. Two burly men stood at the door, and when I tried to shut the door, one used his arm to prevent me from doing so. I froze as I realised that something bad was up. "Who are you?" I asked, and they grabbed me. "What the hell do you want?!" I asked again but something blunt hit my head and I passed out.

The next thing I know, I was blindfolded and in a strange, cold place. I struggled to get out of the chair they had bounded me to with ropes. I kept screaming for help but no one heard me. Suddenly, I could hear metal rattling and footsteps coming towards me. "Who's there?" I asked, even though I know there wouldn't be any answers. Someone untied my legs and grabbed my arm, dragging me forward.

"Where are you bringing me?" Still, no reply. I was dragged to a place and heard a very familiar voice say my name. "Tao?!" I faced the direction of his voice. I received a punch on my stomach before I could say anything. "Don't touch her!"

 

Author's POV

Tao kept fidgeting in his seat and was punched in the face. The thugs holding onto Hyeyoung forcefully removed her blindfold and gave her a slap, causing her to fall on the floor. "Hye!" Tao shouted and Jackson's other right-hand man gave him a punch in his face. Tao groaned loudly in pain as Hye tried running to him. "You ain't going nowhere Missy." The thugs behind her said and one chuckled.

"Bastard..." Tao muttered as he tried wriggling out of his ropes. The ropes were coming loose due to his twisting. Both his wrists were bleeding but he kept trying. Jackson's other right-hand man walked up to Hyeyoung and cupped her face. Hyeyoung tried to slap his hands away but the two guys held onto her hands. "Let go of me you son of a !" Hyeyoung said.

He just chuckled and slapped Hyeyoung twice. She was beginning to bled from the corner of . She wiped the blood away using her thumb as she stared at his face. "Who are you staring at babe?" Jackson's right-hand man asked as he grabbed her chin. He waved his men away and he tried to kiss her as his hands travel to her chest, groping her.

Tao saw and screamed, "GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF HER!" Hyeyoung was disgusted by his actions. She immediately pushed him away and slapped him. He was taken aback and looked at Hyeyoung in her eyes as he grabbed her chin once more. Hyeyoung took this chance and spat in his face. That ticked him off further and he sent her a punch in her face. It was loud when his fist met her jaw. She fell onto the floor, tears welling up in her eyes as she got up slowly.

"A female undercover cop is definitely not that easily beatened down." He snickered. Hyeyoung was shocked and quickly regained her senses. So he found out our identity. "Training at the academy and spending months in the gang helped." Hyeyoung said. He menaced towards Hyeyoung and grabbed her hair. Tao had already loosed his wrists from the ropes and was trying to untie the ropes on his legs. There was two thugs and Jackson's right-hand man in the room with them now. When he was done, Tao heard Hyeyoung scream in pain. Tao looked up and saw the other right-hand man grabbing Hyeyoung's hair. He ran up to them, but was blocked by the thugs. Despite him being injured, Tao fought them off and ran up to him.

He was still holding onto Hyeyoung's hair and she was in pain. Tao froze as he realised that he was pointing a gun at Hyeyoung's head. "One more step, and she's dead." He warned. Hyeyoung kept looking at Tao with tears running down her face. Tao knew Hyeyoung was afraid. Tao looked at Hyeyoung and tried to tell her to knock her head backwards. Hyeyoung saw the glint in Tao's eyes and understood him immediately. One, two, three! She counted and brought her head backwards, hitting his nose.

Hyeyoung ran up to Tao as the other right-hand man held onto his bleeding nose. Just before Hyeyoung could reach Tao, he had pointed his gun at Hyeyoung. Tao saw and tried to warn Hyeyoung but he was too late. He fired a shot and during that short few seconds, everything became slow-motion. Tao immediately ran and shielded Hyeyoung from the bullet. Before Hyeyoung could react, the bullet had hit Tao and it was right at the chest area, near the heart. After the shot, the two thugs with Jackson's other-right hand man ran up to him and forced the gun out of his hands, and dragged him away.

"Let go of me! Bunch of worthless men!" He yelled while being dragged away. "Jackson told us that he wanted Tao and Hyeyoung alive, and you shot them. How are you going to answer to him?" The thugs muttered when they exited the place. Hyeyoung was shocked as she saw Tao getting shot and falling onto the floor in front of her. She immediately fell onto the floor and held Tao's head, resting him in her arms. "Baby, baby?" Hyeyoung said as she tapped on his face. She did not get any response and Hyeyoung was starting to freak out.

He laid in her arms, no longer breathing. Hyeyoung grabbed his collar and shook him while sobbing. "ZiTao, get up. Baby please, get up. HUANG ZITAO, GET UP! DO YOU HEAR ME? Please, open your eyes, please." Her voice gradually died down as the realisation of Tao being dead sunk in. Hyeyoung placed her forehead on his cold one, and muttered, "Baby, please open your eyes... Don't leave me..." Her tears dripping from her chin and onto Tao's cold cheek. "Why did you have to shield me from the bullet? You are so silly, so very silly." Hyeyoung wiped her tears with the back of her hands and traced Tao's eyebrows, before kissing his lips for the last time. "Baby, I love you."

What am I to do, now that you are gone?

 

 

 

 

 

 

HEY SO THIS IS MY NEXT UPDATE~ I am so sad now about this chapter, i dont know how to write this chapter in words because this chapter had come to me in my brain in a short clip. So did you enjoy the chapter? KEKE ^^ Please keep your minds off the incident that happened recently, I know how you all feel, it was like 2PM all over again. Since the issue isn't finalised yet, please do not fret over the matter.

I know this is late, but I feel that, if that was what Kris wanted, we should support him right? #webelieveinKris So lighten your moods and smile, Kris would want to see us all smiling, instead of frowning right? ^^

So back to the point, thank you for reading my story and for being patient with me~ SO PLEASE ANTICIPATE MY NEXT UPDATE.

 

LOVE LOTS