013

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

At 5 months of pregnancy, Hyeyoung managed to get out of the gang system. She sat in the comfort of her home, with Jenifer in the kitchen, cooking food for her. Jenifer has been taking care of Hyeyoung after Tao's passing, she was worried for Hyeyoung, afraid that she would do something foolish.

 

Flashback

"Are you really sure you wanna quit the gangs?" Jackson asked when Hyeyoung told him her decision.

"Yes, I am very sure." Hyeyoung confirmed herself.

"But why? You are the best lady on our team."

Jackson made an attempt to keep Hyeyoung, however, his motive was to make Hyeyoung sucuumb to him. Hyeyoung knew that Jackson had already found out that she was an undercover cop - that was the reason why Tao was killed. She didn't tell Jackson she was pregnant, even at 4 months, she was still not yet showing. She only had a small bump that could pass off as bloating.

"I just lost my husband, so I can't stay here. It reminds me of him. Jackson, just let me go." Hyeyoung said, intentionally mentioning Tao. She saw him flinch for a split second.

"Alright. I can let you leave but at one condition." Jackson stated plainly and looked at Hyeyoung.

"What condition?" Hyeyoung questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"I said: Kiss me."

Jackson then grabbed the frozen Hyeyoung and smacked his hungry lips onto hers. Hyeyoung inmediately kicked his groin in defence. Jackson doubled over in pain but smiled back up at Hyeyoung.

"I've gotten my kiss. You can go now." Jackson said, smiling weakly. Hyeyoung turned her heels and left Jackson to nurse his hurting crotch.

End of flashback

 

"Baby... How are you in there? Doing fine?" Hyeyoung asked as she caressed her tummy with glee. "I hope your daddy is here with me right now..." She continued and sighed deeply. "Why is a mother-to-be crying?" Jenifer chirped as she carried a tray out from the kitchen. A plate of piping hot Kimchi fried rice was on top of the tray.

"Hmmm... It smells so nice!" Hyeyoung said when Jenifer set the tray on the table in front of her. "Dig in~" Jenifer said and gestured towards the plate. Hyeyoung smiled, saying, "Thanks babe," and started eating.

 

Hyeyoung's POV

"Hello Mrs Huang, nice to see you again. How are you feeling?" My gynae asked when we both sat down.

"I'm alright, i guess..."

"Glad to hear that. Now please lay down on the bed and lift up your shirt."

The gynae spread some cold gel on my tummy. She then glided the instrument on my lower abdomen and I heard heartbeats.

"Your child is alright, very healthy. Are you sure you don't want to know the gender of your baby?"

"No -  wait -  tell me. Is my baby a boy?"

My gynae nodded her head, "Yes, he's a very strong boy. You see," she then pointed at the screen, at the area that determined the gender. "Yeap, you are having a baby boy~" I smiled in happiness and a tear slipped from my eye. Tao, look at our son... He is going to be as strong and as handsome as you when he grows up. Please look after our son from above, alright?

 

Author's POV

Time passed quickly and Hyeyoung is now in her 9th month of her pregnancy. She was lying on her bed, resting her legs, and talking to her baby. She made it a point to talk to her son everyday, it was as though she was talking to Tao himself. Hyeyoung caressed her tummy as she thought of all the events that happened to her. Her thoughts wandered to the memories of Tao. She smiled and teared, remincising the memories.

This was one of those days when Hyeyoung could just cry the whole day, but she didn't, because of her baby. She stood up to go towards the toilet, because she felt an ache. When she stood up, she immediately held onto the bedpost. Her breathing became heavy as the ache escalated. Hyeyoung sat back down on the bed and reached for her mobile.

"Jen... UHHH...." Hyeyoung grunted over the phone.

"Are you ok Hye?"

Before Hyeyoung could reply Jenifer, she felt something running down her leg, she looked as a pool of liquid formed at her feet. Another contraction hit her and she groaned in pain.

"Jen, can you c-come over n-now? I-I think my w-water just broke~" Hyeyoung said and her voice went up an octave at the last word as another wave of pain hit her.

"Hye! I'll be right over with Austin! Call the ambulance!" Jenifer screamed and Hyeyoung cut the call. Immediately she called the ambulance herself. The moment Jenifer and Austin arrived, the ambulance came right behind them. Hyeyoung was brought to the hospital in a flash and wheeled into the labour room.

Jenifer and Austin remained outside the room and Jenifer held he rhands together, praying. "Tao, if you can hear me, please let Hyeyoung have a smooth delivery. Please~" Jenifer was worried for Hyeyoung, because she heard that for first childbirth, it can take up to 18 hours of labour.

A baby's cry could be heard from labour room 8 hours later. The doctor cane out and asked Jenifer, "May I know where the husband of Mrs Huang is at?" "He passed away... Doctor how is she and the baby?" "Mother and son are both fine. We will be wheeling Mrs Huang out in a bit. You can see the child when the nurse is done cleaning him."

"Thank you Doctor!" Jenifer and Austin said together as they awaited the moment they can see their little nephew. "Maybe we shall make our own~" Austin whispered huskily into Jenifer's ear and she knew exactly what she was in for that night.

Hyeyoung was then wheeled into the ward and left to rest. Thank you Tao, for being with Hyeyoung through the birth of your son.

 

Hyeyoung's POV

My eyes slowly opened, and I was aching. I saw my stomach flattened like a deflated balloon, I tried to recollect my thoughts and remembered that I just gave birth. "Tao?" I muttered when I saw a man's figure with my son, next to me. He turned around and I teared. "Tao, is that really you?" "Yes Baby. It's me. It has been tough on you, to deliver our son." "No it isn't..." "I'm sorry Hyeyoung." "Why?"

Tao looked lovingly at our son and kissed his little forehead. "I'm sorry for not being there. I'm sorry for leaving so early. I'm sorry that our son is going to grow up without his father." "Don't be sorry... We didn't want your death to happen right? Don't worry, I'll be both parents to our son."Tao kissed my forehead and said, "If you ever meet a man suitable to be a good husband to you, and a good father to our son, please, go ahead and marry again. Don't remain single for me. You are still young." "No one will ever replace you. I am not going to remarry."

"Babe, you have to, for the sake of our son..." "Let's not talk about this. Tao, what do you want to name our son?" I asked, changing the subject. What is he thinking? Asking me to marry another man? Tao sighed and then said, "Huang Yiyang." I smiled at Tao and nodded my head. We continued to chat for a while more, when suddenly Tao said, "Baby, I have to go... I love you." "What? Why now?" I asked as tears threatened to fall from my eyes. "I'm sorry babe... I really have to go. I love you!" Tao said as he kissed my forehead. "I love y-" and before I could finish what I wanted to say, my vision turned black.

"Hye, how are you feeling?" Jenifer asked the moment she saw me open my eyes. Austin was carrying my son in his arms, caressing his cheek. "Here is your son, Hye." Austin said as he handed my child to me. I looked at my child for the first time and was tearing tears of happiness. "He looks exactly like me, but he has Tao's ears~" I caressed his tiny hands and he wrapped his right hand around my index finger. "Hey there, it's mummy here~ hey~" I said in a soothing tone. The doctor came in and told me that I had to handled the newborn's papers, like his name and such. When the doctor left, Jenifer asked me, "Hye, what are you naming your son?"

"YiYang. Huang Yiyang." I said while smiling at my baby. "Tao named him that."

 

 

 

 

 

 

SO THIS IS MY UPDATE thanks guys for being so patient with me. I was so stressed about my tests haha but now that it is over, I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEE~~ But really, thank you for being patient with me~ SO YEAH, please anticipate my next update! Thank you for reading~

COMMENT? SUBSCRIBE? UPVOTE?

 

 

 

LOVE LOTS