020

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

Images of Jackson kept flashing into her mind as Hyeyoung drove towards her headquarters. She was dead sure the person that took Yiyang away and the person who ordered people to pull Hyeyoung into the van earlier was the same guy, Jackson. "You better not do anything to my son or I will kill you personally!" Hyeyoung yelled and her grip on the steering wheel tightened.

***

Kris got to Hyeyoung's house and saw Hyeyoung driving away. He was worried for Yiyang and dashed into the house to find the house in a complete mess. Auntie Mei stayed put on the sofa, cleaning up her busted lip she suffered from a slap the thug gave her when she tried to stop them from taking Yiyang away. "What happened?" Kris asked.

Auntie Mei told him everything, except the fact that Hyeyoung was an undercover cop, and Kris immediately rushed to his car and drove after Hyeyoung. He knew where to go because he knew Hyeyoung woud head to her headquarters, he knew that Hyeyoung already knew who took Yiyang away. "Hyeyoung, don't do anything rash..." Kris muttered.

***

"Let go of me!" Hyeyoung said as she shruggled. She reached the place and when she got out of her car, and entered the place, someone came up behind her. Hyeyoung spun around and the both of them had a small fight, but the other person was a better fighter. Hyeyoung's arms were pinned behind her as the guy pulled her up. He then pointed a knife on her back as he pushed her into a room.

"Go in there!" The guy said as he pushed Hyeyoung into an empty room roughly. She immdiestely got up and pounded on the closed door. "Let me out! Where's Jackson?!" "Behind you." A male's voice rang out and Hyeyoung turned around, her blood boiling. She made a dash towards Jackson and punched him in his face. "Where have you taken my son?!" Hyeyoung asked as she grabbed his collar.

"Unless you want me to kill your son now, I suggest you get your hands off me." Jackson told Hyeyoung calmly. Hyeyoung grunted and released Jackson's collar only to find herself being sprawled on the ground as she suffered a sudden attack from behind. The guy grabbed her arms and pulled her up, pushing her onto a chair behind them. Jackson walked up to Hyeyoung and threw a punch across her face.

" you." He said and threw another punch across her face. "To think that I trusted you so much!" Jackson muttered in anger. Hyeyoung spat out blood and looked up at Jackson, the pain from his punches still lingering. "Is that all you can do?" Hyeyoung mocked him and Jackson punched her again. "A cop? A ing cop?!" Jackson said and Hyeyoung chuckled, tired from the pain. Hyeyoung her lips and she felt a stinging pain and tasted blood.

"How did you find out?" Hyeyoung asked. "You think I didn't know you are one?" Jackson asked mockingly and continued, "Your poor husband gave himself away." "Is that why you killed my husband?" Hyeyoung muttered and Jackson looked at her. "You finally found out." Jackson said almost calmly. "Why did you do that?!" Hyeyoung yelled. Jackson stared at Hyeyoung and just kept quiet.

"Where is my son?" Hyeyoung asked after she collected herself. She was worried for her two-year-old son. "Let me go! You son of a !" Hyeyoung yelled angrily when Jackson didn't gave her question any attention. "You are coward Jackson! First my husband, and now my child?" Hyeyoung tried to make Jackson look at her and she succeeded with her last statement.

Jackson snapped his fingers and his underlings brought in a pail of water and set it beside Hyeyoung. "What are you doing?" Hyeyoung said when Jackson walked towards her. "I hate people who betray me. You should know very well what happens to those who betrays me." Jackson said and grabbed Hyeyoung's chin. "You bastard." Hyeyoung muttered and Jackson snickered.

Jackson then threw another punch across Hyeyoung's face again. Hyeyoung coughed in pain and Jackson poured the pail's contents onto Hyeyoung. As the water dripped off her hair and face, her busted lips stung. The water drip down her chin and down her neck. Hyeyoung then stared at Jackson as Jackson leaned over to Hyeyoung's ear. "It's a pity you're a cop, I could have taken you for myself." Jackson whispered and bit Hyeyoung's ear.

"." Hyeyoung cursed and jerked her head away from Jackson's lips. Jackson paused at his position and smirked. He then stood up straight and walked away. Hyeyoung was left in the dark and empty room, and crazy thoughts filled her mind. She was going crazy with anxiety and worry for her son. "Son of a !" Hyeyoung yelled and stomped on the floor as she tried to get out of her ropes.

***

Kris followed Hyeyoung to where she had parked her car. He saw a guy following her into the house. Kris crept upstairs and into the house, only to see Hyeyoung and that guy in a fight. He wanted to help her when he saw her pinned to the ground. He saw the guy whip out a knife and pointed it at Hyeyoung's back before pushing her towards the direction of the hallway.

Kris got up and was going to follow them, but someone knocked him out from behind. He had out without knowing the reason why. When he awoke, he was blindfolded and strapped to a chair. He tried to move his hands and legs but realised that he was tied up. "Who are you? What do you want?" Kris asked the air, not sure if there was anyone in front of him.

There was no sound, so he pricked his ears, trying to catch any sound available.  you. Kris heard and the sound of a punch rang out. To think that I trusted you so much! The guy said. Kris' ears perked up when he heard a familiar voice. Is that all you can do? That familiar voice said, and immediately he could recognise it was Hyeyoung.

Suddenly, someone lifted his blindfold and Kris had to squint his eyes to focus. When he was adjusted to his surroundings, he saw that he was in empty warehouse-like place and Hyeyoung was 80m in front of him. Some guy was standing in front of her and Kris' heart wringed when he saw the blood at the corner of Hyeyoung's mouth and bruises on her beautiful face.

Kris saw the guy throw a punch across Hyeyoung's face. A cop? A ing cop?! Kris heard him say. Hyeyoung is a cop? Isn't she a gangster? Kris wondered in shock. Hyeyoung was tired, Kris could tell. How did you find out? Hyeyoung asked and Kris snapped back to reality. Your poor husband gave himself away. That guy said.

Is that why you killed my husband? Kris could sense the pain in her voice. Kris finally understood everything. Hyeyoung and Tao are cops, and Tao was killed in action, by this guy. Kris was pissed, at himself, becausehe didn't know that the love of his life had been through so much. He was also pissed with that guy in front of Hyeyoung. Who was he to do all that to Hyeyoung?

You are a coward Jackson! First my husband, and now my child? Hyeyoung shouted and someone grabbed Kris from his chair. "Let go of me!" Kris tried struggling but the person had a firm grip on him. "Stop shruggling or your girlfriend dies." A deep voice voiced out from behind him and Kris stopped resisting, because he wanted Hyeyoung to be safe.

 

 

 

 


Heyz my fellow readers, sorry for the wait and here is the next chapter! Sorry for the coarse words though, I used them to portrayed the moods. I hope that you guys have enjoyed this chapter. Please leave some comments and see you guys in my next updates.

 

Countdown to last chapter: three

 

LOVE LOTS