016

Back Together with My Best Friend

Hyeyoung's POV

"Madam, we have been staking out here for the past 2 hours, are you sure this is the right place?" One of my officers asked me through the chip in my ear. I shook my head slightly as I waited at Harbour Three. We were staking out at the place my boss told me. I could hear the conversation between my team and my partner's. "How is everything over there?" I whispered and my partner replied, "There is a girl waiting for something."

Suddenly, my partner spoke through the ear piece. "Madam, something is happening. There are two guys giving her something. We need to act now." I covered my mouth and whispered. "Don't do anything! Wait for my orders!" "Madam! We really need to act now!" I wanted to fiercely object but I heard her partner shouting out, "Go, go, go!" "Wait no!" I whispered fiercely. I coughed as I saw two of my senior gang members coming towards me.

"Were you talking to yourself?" One of them asked me. I gave them a look and he said, "I saw you mouthing something." "I was singing. Can't I sing?" I said. The two guys laughed and he ruffled my hair. "Let's go." The other said. "What? I thought there was big fish tonight?" "Boss asked us to go back." Then they slung their arms over my shoulder, squeezing me between them, as we made out way back to the car.

Before I boarded the car, I pretended to scratch my ear and removed the chip in my ear. I threw it on the ground as I entered the car, without them knowing.

 

Author's POV

After Hyeyoung's partner made to decision to go, her team dashed forward and went towards the girl. However, gang members came out and brought her away. The police tried to arrest them but they failed. "Let's go back!" Hyeyoung's partner yelled and they got back to the headquarters. Hyeyoung was upset that her partner almost screwed up.

Back at the gang hideout, the girl was tied to a chair and she was badly bruised and had cuts on her face. Hyeyoung stood by as she saw her informant get beat up. Her informant didn't know how Hyeyoung looked like, she never saw her. Their boss slapped her and said, "Why did you betray us? What did we vow upon? Tell me!" The poor girl was crying and pleading with him to release her.

Their boss shook his head and threw something at her face. "Since you decided to go against us, you are no use." He took a bowl and yelled, "Hye! Come here!" The girl was sobbing and said, "Please, please, let me go. Please..." Hyeyoung went over to their boss and he handed her he bowl. "Feed her everything." Hyeyoung looked in and saw pills, to be more exact, drugs.

"Everything?" Hyeyoung stuttered and the boss walked up in front of her and said, "Yes everything." "Wouldn't it kill her?" "Do you want to take her place?" "Boss..." "She is the mole! Are you one too?" Their boss eyed Hyeyoung and she boldly said, "Do you think I'm one?" He smirked and told her, "If you don't want me to think that you are a mole the cops, I suggest you do as I told you."

Hyeyoung started tearing as she turned back to the girl tied to the chair. "Hyeyoung eonni, please... Please eonni, don't..." Hyeyoung looked away as she said, "I'm sorry..." And the two guys opened the informant's mouth as Miyoung poured the pills in . "I'm sorry!" Hyeyoung kept repeating as the girl coughed and tried to spit out the pills. "I'm sorry!" Hyeyoung said and was crying. The guy holding the informant's mouth grabbed the bowl from Hyeyoung's hands and forced the pills down the informant's throat himself.

Hyeyoung ran and hid in the kitchen of the hideout. She is a police officer and yet she had to force pills down her informant's throat and that amount of pills could kill someone. Her boss came up behind her and patted her shoulder. "You did well." He said and Hyeyoung immediately wiped her tears away. She then smiled weakly at him.

Hyeyoung went to look at her informant and saw her sitting their lifeless as the guys untied her. One of the guys carried her over his shoulder and the both of them walked past Hyeyoung. She muttered a 'Sorry' can came out as a low whisper. She got out from the hideout and headed back home. It was 7.55pm. She suddenly remembered her date wit Kris and she went to prepare herself. She wanted to cancel the date but she promised him.

Hyeyoung entered and realised that Yiyang was still with Auntie Mei. She called Auntie Mei and told her she could be picking Yyang up later at night. She then entered the toilet and stood under the warm shower as she thought of the poor girl. "I caused her to die..." Hyeyoung said and cried. She needed to talk with the team the next day.

 

Kris' POV

I waited at the restaurant with a small bouquet of roses. i glanced at my watch and saw it was 8.15pm. "Why isn't she here yet?" I said and glanced at the door. If I was not mistaken, it wasn't Hye's habit to be late for meetings. At 8.35pm, the restaurant's door opened and the sound of heels clicked towards me. I looked up and my heart skipped a beat as my eyes landed on her.

There she was, looking as fabulous as ever. Her dress hugged her curves and one can't tell that she already has a son. "Hey." I greeted her and she smiled back, nodding slightly. "Please, sit down." I told her. Being a gentleman, I got up and pulled out the chair for her. "Thank you." She said. "And I'm sorry for being late." "Don't worry about it." I smiled and told her.

I wanted to chat her up but it seemed like something was bothering her. "Is there something wrong?" I asked her and she shook her head. What happened to the cheerful Hye? I thought. "Ahhh, alright then. Let's place our orders okay?" Hye broke into a huge smile and looked through the menu. It feels really good to be having dinner with her again.

 

 

 

 

HEY MY READERS! Sorry for the long wait, I was updating my other fanfic, THE BULLIED BRIDE. Thank you for being patient with me! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ Thank you for reading and please anticipate my next update! Please comment your thoughts okay?

COMMENTS? SUBSCRIBE? UPVOTE?

(I'll try my best to update this one soon, because I want to concentrate on THE BULLIED BRIDE, plus, I'm starting school tomorrow. Please, stay subscribed~)

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING WITH ME EVEN THOUGH I DIDN"T UPDATE THIS ONE FOR 2 WEEKS. *throws hearts*

 

LOVE LOTS