015

Back Together with My Best Friend

Hyeyoung's POV

I staggered my way home after that sudden meeting with Kris. After so many years, and we met in this situation? I clutched my heart as it was beating irregularly. What is wrong? I just met my first love after so many years... No, I can't trigger feelings for him again. My husband is Tao, and I have a son. I reached a cosmetics store and went in to get some makeup to cover up my injuries, I don't wish for Auntie Mei or Yiyang to worry about me. I cleaned my wounds and applied the makeup, before reaching home in a taxi. "Omma~" MY boy's cheerful voice rang out when I stepped out the taxi. "Yiyang-ah!" I smiled as he gave me a bear hug. For a moment, all my aches disappeared, my baby was my medicine.

"Happy birthday baby~" I kissed him on his cheek. "Come, we are all waiting for you to come! We are cutting the cake soon! OMMAAAAAA!" Yiyang did aegyo on me. I nodded and he led me into the house. How can I not be there for my baby's birthday? He is my whole world now, I don't know what will happen to me if something were to happen to him.

Saengil chugha habnida!

Saengil chugha habnida!

Sarang ha neun Yiyang-ie~

Saengil chugha habnida!

Yiyang and I blew the candles together. "Happy 2nd birthday Yiyang-ah!" I then gave my beautiful son a big tight hug followed by a kiss on his forehead. Tao, are you watching from above? Our son is now 2, and it also shows that you have left me for 3 years. Thank you for giving me our son.

 

Kris' POV

I got home, and immediately laid flat on my bed. After so many years and she just sudden pops out in front of me. I am just starting to give up finding her, then she just appears in front of me? I raked my hair in fustration as my mind replayed what I saw earlier. How did she know how to fight like that? Did she become a-? No it can't be. Hyeyoung won't become a gangster. And Tao? Where is he? "Stop Kris! Stop!" I scolded myself.

Urgh I don't care anymore! I dialed the number that I have called a million times before. I wanted to try my luck to see if her number is still in use. I called before but was always answered by the voicemail saying the user can't be reached. I waited as the dial tone played. The number is in use! Suddenly, someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Urm, hello. Is this Hyeyoung-sshi?"

"Yes, this is Hyeyoung speaking. Who is this?"

It is her! She finally picked up! She doesn't know who i am? I looked down at the phone I was using and realised I had called her with my business mobile. "This is Kris here." And there was silence at the other end of the call. "Why are you calling me for?" Hyeyoung asked. I was surprised at the tone she used on me. "Urm, can I buy you coffee? Let's say, tomorrow at 8pm?" Silence again. "Alright."

 

Author's POV

SHE AGREED! Kris was literally going crazy. After so many years, the love Kris has for Hyeyoung did not fade, and he hopes that Hyeyoung still loves him. Meanwhile, Hyeyoung was shock that Kris called her and even asked her out. She felt her heart beating fast. Why did I even agree to coffee? There is no harm meeting up with my best friend right? Hyeyoung smiled as she thought of tomorrow. Suddenly, Hyeyoung's room door burst open and there stood her 2 year old son, hugging his pillow with one hand as he rubbed his eye. "Omma, can I sleep with you today?" Hyeyoung chuckled in a motherly way and patted her bed, "Why not baby?"

Yiyang jumped onto the bed and snuggled close to his mother. "Omma, where is appa?" Hyeyoung looked at her innocent son and ruffled his hair. My poor son doesn't even know his dad is gone. "Your father has gone overseas to work, he won't be back anytime soon. Just get some sleep alright?" "Okie omma, jalja~" "Eung~ jalja, naui aegi~" Hyeyoung said and she pecked her son's forehead, lulling him to sleep.

The next day arrived and Hyeyoung was in the kitchen cooking breakfast as her son was still fast asleep. You really take after your dad. She was cleaning up her frying pan when the doorbell sounded. She went to open the door and saw Auntie Mei. "Auntie Mei, thank you for dropping by." "No problem Mrs Huang." Hyeyoung told Auntie Mei she had prepared breakfast for Yiyang and just before she stepped out for work, "Auntie Mei," she said. "Eung?" Auntie Mei hummed. "I'll be back home late tonight. Help me tuck Yiyang to bed ok?" "Ok Mrs Huang, you better hurry now, or you'll be late!"

The door to Hyeyoung's room opened and Yiyang walked out sleepily. "Aww, my baby is awake!" Hyeyoung said as she put on her shoes. "Omma, going to work?" He asked me and I nodded. "Be a good boy ok? Mummy's going now." He broke into a smile and said, "Okie Omma! Annyeong!" as he waved his cute little hand. "Bye Yiyang! Bye Auntie Mei, and thanks." Hyeyoung said and left. Hyeyoung made very little progress at work because the drug syndicate did not make any moves.

Hyeyoung sighed and held her head. Please do something. Hyeyoung sent a mental note to whoever is the mastermind, when suddenly her office phone rang. "Madam, I-I have a t-tipoff." A girl whispered into the phone and she was panting. My informant. "Speak." "T-they are making a move tonight. At Harbour One. 6pm." After she said her piece, she hung up. A smile crept onto Hyeyoung's face. The moment she sent her phone down, she told her team to get ready, since it was already 3pm. They were busy preparing when suddenly Hyeyoung's other personal phone rang. She knew immediately that her boss was calling. She hushed everyone and answered the call.

"Hye. Big one tonight. Harbour Three. 6pm." Her immediate boss muttered and hung up after Hyeyoung acknowleged his information. ", we seem to have two pieces of information on our hands." Hyeyoung then led her team and her partner's team to the meeting room as they analyse the problem. "So one is true and the other is to sniff out the mole." Hyeyoung concluded. She had seen these during her time in the human trafficking gang. "Madam, how are you so sure?" One of the team members asked Hyeyoung and she shot her a glare. The others hushed her and one whispered to her.

"You are new here right?"

"Yeah?"

"Never ask Madam how she knew about the works of syndicates."

"Why?"

"Because she had been undercover in one before, for a year."

The new officer looked at Hyeyoung as she was still explaining.

"It was said that her husband, who was also another officer here was ki-" "Is there something that you both like to share?" Hyeyoung cut her short and glared at them with piercing eyes. "No madam!" Both girls apologised and looked at their papers.

Kris was excited about that night's coffee date with his love. He kept looking at his watch and saw the time was 5pm. "3 more hours." Kris counted and relaxed on the sofa. I wonder how our date will be like. Kris smiled at himself as he pictured the date. 

A busy undercover police officer, and a guy looking forward to his date. Will something go wrong for their first date in years? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HELLOO dear readers! Thank you for being patient with me for my update... Sorry for the delayed update~ I was updating my other story The Bullied Bride (click the title to go to that story) Thank you for reading and hope you guys enjoyed it~ Pease anticipate my next update and see ya~ Please comment your thoughts ok? Don't be a silent reader~~

COMMENTS? SUBSCRIBE? OR UPVOTE?


LOVE LOTS