018

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

"I'm really sorry for putting you in this mess." Hyeyoung told Kris but he just kept asking, "Are you alright?" Tears welled up her eyes as she looked at the worried Kris. She saw that Kris was really worried she suffered some bad injury but Hyeyoung assured she was fine. Hyeyoung looked the empty room they were in. The thugs were outside the locked door, leaving these two in the room. Hyeyoung could not find anything to cut her ropes loose.

She kept trying to wriggle loose her ropes, and that caused friction on both her wrists. Her bleeding wrists made the escape easier because it lubricated the ropes. She slipped her hands out in no time, and she rushed over to Kris quietly to loosen his ropes. Kris then held Hyeyoung's hands, shocked to see her wrists having cuts. She then waved his hands away, and said, "I'm fine. Let's go." Hyeyoung snuck up to the door, and tried to listen for any movements on the other side.

Kris stood behind Hyeyoung, watching her every move. "What happened to you? Aren't you always so righteous? Why did you choose to go into the other side of the law?" Kris whispered to Hyeyoung. Hyeyoung glared at him, her mood changed. "Don't say things when you don't know what actually happened." Hyeyoung said coldly. She pushed open the door in one swift motion and the thugs took a while to react. They rushed towards her and the fight began.

The couple managed to beat down the three thugs guarding them. Hyeyoung grabbed Kris' hands and ran. When they almost reached the exit, they were cornered by a group of guys. Taking them on was no easy task for Hyeyoung but she felt she needed to. One of them rushed towards Hyeyoung and punched her across her face and she was taken by surprise. She didn't act fast enough to grab hold of something and she fell onto the floor.

She fell on her back and her head hit the ground. Hyeyoung held her head in pain as her head spinned. She felt giddy and when she glanced at Kris, and saw him fighting off the guys. She gathered her strength and got up. She helped Kris and the guys were strewn on the floor. The coupld took this chance to run away. They ran across the field and Kris stepped on an uneven ground. He fell onto the ground and sprained his ankle.

Hyeyoung helped him up and she cupped his face. "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" Hyeyoung asked him worriedly and Kris placed his hands on hers and shook her head. "I'm fine, really." Hyeyoung felt faint and she shook her head to shake away the giddiness. Hyeyoung felt something wet on her fingers. She looked down at her hands and saw that the area that she touched, was bleeding. "Blood..." Hyeyoung trailed off and Kris grabbed her hand. "Why is there blood? Are you bleeding?"

"I'm not the one bleeding..." Hyeyoung said and tears welled up in her eyes. "It's you..." She said. "I have to get you to the doctors." She tried to pull Kris away from the field. "No, really I'm fine..." Kris said and spun Hyeyoung around to face him. She looked at him with tearful eyes and Kris said, "You are a strong girl. You don't cry so easily, but why are you crying now?" Kris said softly. "Let's go... Let's go..." Hyeyoung said and swayed a little from the giddiness again.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked worriedly and Hyeyoung said, "I'm fine... You are the one hurt, let's go to the hospital..." Hyeyoung pulled Kris. Before she could take another step, Hyeyoung saw black spots in front of her eyes. She tried to shake the giddiness away but before she knew it, her vision turned black and she felt herself falling. "Hye! HYE!" Kris panicked when he caught Hyeyoung. He kept patting her cheeks, and saying, "Hye, I'm getting you to the hospital now okay?"

Kris then swooped down and carried Hyeyoung bridal-styled towards the road where he hailed a cab. The nurses brought Hyeyoung to an empty ward as they called for a doctor, Kris followed them to do some registration.  Hyeyoung's eyes fluttered open and she realised she was at the hospital. She sat up on the bed and got off the bed. She staggered to the door and when she had a hold on the handle, the door pushed open.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked Hyeyoung and she said weakly, "I'm going home... Yiyang..." Hyeyoung said. She was worried for her son, afraid that the rival gangsters will look for her son. "You are staying here." Kris told her firmly and Hyeyoung held her giddy head. "Just sit down will you?" Kris said and held Hyeyoung as he made her sit down.

***

After the entire day of observations, the doctor finally say that Hyeyoung was fit for discharge. Kris drove her home and helped Hyeyoung into her place. He stayed behind to take care of her. Hyeyoung rested at the sofa as Kris went to get her some water. She called Auntie Mei and told her that she was not feeling well and needed her to take care of Yiyang for the time being.

Auntie Mei agreed immediately and Hyeyoung thanked her. She hung up and pinched her nose bridge. A small headache was creeping up on her and she shut her eyes. "Here you go." Kris said as he held out a glass of water and some pills. Hyeyoung eyed the pills and immediately downed them because she felt uncomfortable.

"I want to sleep. " Hyeyoung said a while and Kris brought her upstairs. "Rest well okay?" Kris told Hyeyoung and kissed her forehead. He waited till she fell asleep before getting the first aid kit he left on the kitchen counter. He sat down and started to clean his wound. "Where is Tao? Isn't he supposed to be at home now?" Kris thought. After he cleaned his wounds, he made his way to the living and sat down.

Over there he saw many photo frames with pictures of Hyeyoung and Tao together. "They do look happy together." Kris whispered to himself dejectedly.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey dear reader! This is my next update! Thank you for reading and see you in my next chapter! Please comment your thoughts okay?

 

 

LOVE LOTS