019

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

A few days passed after that day Hyeyoung was discharged from the hospital. Kris was aching to know about Hyeyoung's relationship with Tao and where he was now. On the other hand, Hyeyoung was preparing food that Tao likes, it was his death anniversary that day and Hyeyoung was going to visit him. "Another year has past, just like that."

Hyeyoung left her place just when Kris arrived. He saw her getting into a taxi with bags and wondered what was she up to. Hyeyoung had called Auntie Mei over to her place to take care of Yiyang for the time being. Kris followed Hyeyoung till she reached the cemetery where Tao's final resting place was. "Why is she here?" Kris asked himself as he got out of the car.

"Hey dear." Hyeyoung said as she set the bags on the floor. She took out the tupperware of food that she prepared for Tao. "I have spagetti and meatballs." Hyeyoung said cheerly, as though Tao was in front of her. Kris was behind her but was not very close. "Tao, this is your favourite from my cooking right?" Hyeyoung smiled as she wiped the photo on the gravestone.

Tao? "Tao is dead?" Kris muttered to himself, in shock. "Another year had passed... And Yiyang is a big boy now, don't worry." Hyeyoung said as she sat down in front of his grave. She then took out a framed photograph of her and their son. Hyeyoung admired the picture for a while before kissing it and setting it down next to Tao.

"Come on, eat up." Hyeyoung said and pushed the tupperware nearer to Tao's picture. "I miss you so much... Do you know that?" Hyeyoung muttered as she tucked into her own tupperware of food. "How is the spagetti?" Hyeyoung asked the air around her. Kris watched her from his spot and his heart wrenched at the sight of her smiling despite the fact that her husband was gone.

"No wonder she didn't want to tell me about Tao." Kris said to himself and he saw Hyeyoung getting up. Hyeyoung leaned against the picture of Tao and kissed it. "If there is a next life, I would love to be your wife again." Hyeyoung said and a tear escaped her eye. She sniffled and chuckled, wiping that tear away.

"I have a bad feeling when I left home this morning... Like something was going to happen to me..." Hyeyoung confessed. She stayed with Tao till she saw the sky turning dark, like it was going to rain. "Dear, it looks like it is going to rain... And I left Yiyang with Auntie Mei for three hours already, so I have to go now... I'll see you next time okay? I promise."

Hyeyoung packed up and cleaned the area. "I'll leave this frame here then." Hyeyoung patted the photoframe and kissed Tao's picture again before leaving. Kris immediately ran to his car and wanted to leave first, in case Hyeyoung recognised his car. He was buckling his seatbelt when he heard a shout echo in the cemetery.

He froze and looked up. He saw a black van in front of him and saw two guys trying to drag a girl into the van. "Hyeyoung?" Kris exclaimed as he got out of the car and ran towards them. It began to rain at this moment. "Get your hads off her!" Kris yelled and the guys looked up. Hyeyoung saw that they were distracted and immediately retaliated by kicking them on their shins and lower region.

She picked up her bags and ran in the direction of Kris. WIth her free hand, she grabbed Kris' arm and yelled, "Run!" Both of them ran as the rain got heavier. Hyeyoung entered the car with Kris and he started the car. He drove off just when the thugs caught up with them. The got out of the secluded cemetery area as the rain poured down on the car.

"What are you doing here?" Hyeyoung asked when she realised that she was in Kris' car. "Uh, I..." Kris fumbled with his words because he was caught off guard by Hyeyoung's question. "You followed me?" The quick-witted Hyeyoung eyed Kris as the guy tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "Nevermin about that, who were those guys?" Kris asked, trying to change the subject.

However, Hyeyoung was angered that Kris decided to follow her instead of giving her time to prepare herself to tell him about Tao. She yelled, "Stop the car!" Kris stopped in shock and Hyeyoung got off the vehicle. She walked in the rain since she was not far from her house. Kris got out of hs car with an umbrella in hand and ran up to Hyeyoung. "I'm sorry Hye, I didn't mean to follow you..." Kris apologised.

Before Hyeyoung could say something to him, her mobile rang. "Yes, Auntie Mei?" Hyeyoung answered the call and heard Auntie Mei crying on the other end. "What happened?" Hyeyoung asked as she was getting worried. She was getting paranoid at the same time because of what happened earlier. "Yiyang... He..." Auntie Mei said, her voice shaking badly. "What's wrong?!" Hyeyoung yelled, deeply worried.

"There were guys... They barged in... And they took Yiyang..." Auntie Mei said and Hyeyoung immediately hung up. "," Hyeyoung cursed and ran towards her house in the rain. "What's wrong?!" Kris called out and when he saw Hyeyoung getting further from him, he ran back to his car and drove off.

Hyeyoung reached her place and opened the door. She ran in and saw the place messy, with a very messed up Auntie Mei on the sofa, her hands covering her face. "What happened?" Hyeyoung asked and Auntie Mei immediately hugged Hyeyoung. "I'm sorry. These guys burst into the house and took Yiyang away..."

Hyeyoung fell onto the sofa as she tried to think of the possible people that may have grudges against her. She looked up as she thought of someone. "Jackson!" Hyeyoung muttered and got up. She picked up her phone and dialed for the police. "This is officer Park Hyeyoung. Someone barged into my house and took my son away. Require immediate assistance." Hyeyoung ordered and told the officer on the other line the address to her place.

Auntie Mei looked at Hyeyoung in shock when she ended the call. "You are a police officer? I thought you were-" "That was my undercover duty. Auntie Mei, please wait for my colleague to come and tell them everything okay?" Hyeyouung told Auntie Mei and the older lady nodded. Hyeyoung immediately dashed out of the house again, to look for the person in her mind.

Jackson! You are going to regret this! Hyeyoung thought as she got into her car and drove towards the headquarters.

 

 

 


Hey readers! Sorry for the delay, I was busy with my school work. This is my next update, and I hope you guys enjoyed it? Please leave me some comments and see you in my next update! Thank you for being patient with me!

 

LOVE LOTS