012

Back Together with My Best Friend

Hyeyoung's POV

I dont believe Tao just left me. Immediately I called the ambulance and informed the team and boss after I kissed him. The ambulance came and brought Tao to the hospital. The paramedics were trying to revive Tao in the ambulance. I could only watch as they kept trying.

"Please Baby. Don't leave me." I kept pleading as I held onto Tao's hand. I swear, I swear I felt his fingers move. We reached the hospital and the doctors immediately wheeled him into the operating room. I wanted to follow them in but a nurse stopped me. "I'm sorry but you have to wait here." She said and went back inside the operating room. I leaned against the wall, crying my eyes out.

I looked down at my dirty shirt and saw Tao's blood on me. I slid down and sat on the floor, burying my head in between my knees as I sobbed. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed in Jenifer's number. "Hello? This is Jenifer speaking." Her cheerful voice rang out. "Jen..." "Hye? Is that you? What happened? Are you crying?" She asked me so many questions when she heard my voice.

"Jen..." And I broke down. "Hye baby, calm down. Tell me what happened. You are scaring me." "Tao... Tao got shot... He isn't breathing... What am I to do? Jen?" And i cried louder. I heard Jen shriek in the other end and immediately said, "Babe, which hospital are you at? I'm coming over." I told her the address and she came down, with Austin. Yeap. These two got together after Tao and I entered the force.

"HYEYOUNG!" I heard Jenifer scream and I jerked my head towards her. Another fresh wave of tears came to my eyes as I hugged her. Sherubbed her hand up and down my back as I broke down. Austin stared at the operating room door and asked, "How long has he been in there?" "About 2 hours... Jen, what happens if Tao dies? Jen... I can't lose him... What am I to do?" "Don't think too much babe. Tao will be fine... I am sure he will." Jen said as she hugged me tighter and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand.

Suddenly the lights in sign on the top of the operating room turned off. The doors opened and a doctor came out with his nurses. "Doctor, how is my husband?" I asked as I grabbed the doctor by his forearms. "I am sorry. We tried our best. We couldn't save your husband." I froze as my hands slid off the doctor's. Jenifer was already in Austin's arms, crying. Austin's eyes were also red and a tear slipped from his eye.

"Doctor, are you lying to me? I saw his hand move in the ambulance earlier! I felt it move! NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME HE IS DEAD?! Did he ask you to tell me this? My husband is still alive, isn't he?" I was panicking and tears kept rolling down my cheeks. I grabbed the doctor's hands with my own trembling ones, "Please Doctor, please tell me yoy are lying to me. Please tell me this is all a joke." The doctor simply just shook his hand and said, "I'm sorry for your loss." And left.

When the doctor left, I ran into the operating room immediately, with Jenifer and Austin behind me. I saw a lifeless Tao on the table his body covered in a white cloth. I ran up to him and shook him. "Hey, baby. I'm here. Please open your eyes and look at me. The crazy doctor said you passed away. I know you are not. Please open your eyes. Please." I looked at his pale face and there was no response.

"Tao... Please... I have so many things I have to say to you. You have to wake up to hear me! Tao!" I broke down as I shook him. Still no response. "This is not funny anymore baby. Joke's over. Baby, I didn't even tell you I love you. I didn't even get to see your smile! BABY PLEASE." I cried and laid my head on his chest. Still no response. I could hear Jenifer's sobbing behind me. "Hye don't be like this..." Jenifer said as she tried to comfort me.

I kept crying and crying even though Jenifer and Austin tried to comfort me. I felt numb. My heart felt numb. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I felt as if a big part of me was stolen away. My heart was ripped into pieces and I couldn't feel anymore. My tears just kept falling even though I did not feel like crying anymore. I stood up from the floor that I collapsed on and walked away. I needed a breather.

I couldn't get over the fact that my husband actually died in my arms and it was because of me he died. I sat down on a bench as I cried again, remembering all the good times we had. I was wiping my tears when suddenly, someone stood in front of me. I looked up and Jackson stood smugly before me. I flinched when he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. "Jackson..."

"I heard Tao passed on. Im sorry for your loss." He said. I wanted to say something however something told me Tao's death had something to do with him. I excused myself from him and made my way back to the hospital. Just as I entered, I saw black spots in front of my eyes. I shook my head to try and shake away the spots. My head began pounding and I held onto the wall for support. I was having difficulty to breathe as the black spots became bigger. I tried to take a step forward but I out and collapsed on the floor. The last thing I heard was footsteps running around beside me.

"Hye, baby. Wake up." My eyes fluttered open and saw Tao before me. He looked so handsome, he was in a white suit and he looked like an angel. "Tao?" "Hye, I have to go soon. You have to be strong, especially for our child." He then placed his hand at my womb area. I felt an ache and looked up at him. "I have to go now. I love you and always will. Please, don't be sad because of my passing. Even though I am no longer with you, please be happy. It hurts me to see you cry."

"Please don't go Tao... I need you..." I was tearing. He cupped my face and wiped ny tears away with his thumbs. He then brought my face closer to his and he planted his lips on my forehead. "I love you." He said. "I love you too..." I replied as he smiled and a bright light blinded me.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw faces peering over at me. "Hey, she's awake. Call the doctor." Jenifer told Austin. I heard the door close and Jenifer helped me sit up. "Hye. How are you feeling?" Jenifer asked and I just smiled to show that I'm fine. The doctor came in and in his hand, he held papers. "How are you feeling, Mrs Huang?" "I'm feeling fine doctor."

"I'm sorry for the loss of your husband, you have to stay strong." The doctor then smiled. "In your condition now, you have to protect yourself more." I looked at the doctor with a puzzled look on my face. "Congratulations Mrs Huang. You are 3 weeks pregnant!"

I smiled and looked down at my still-flat tummy, not knowing to be happy that I am now pregnant with Tao's child or sad that my child will be growing up without a father.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So this is my next update everyone! Kekek hope you guys enjoyed it. I'm sorry for making you guys wait~~ I'll try and update soon^^ I almost cried writing this chapter~ I in finding words for a sad mood, but I hope you guys still enjoyed the chapter ^^

THANK YOU FOR READING AND BEING PATIENT WITH ME. PLEASE ANTICIPATE MY NEXT UPDATE!

COMMENT? SUBSCRIBE? UPVOTE?

 

LOVE LOTS