010

Back Together with My Best Friend

Hyeyoung's POV

"Urgh, my head..." I gripped my head as I slowly sat up on my bed. "Hey, babe, are you feeling alright?" Tao asked me as he walked towards me from the sofa. "Are you you doing getting up, Tao? You are supposed to stay in bed!" I scolded Tao as I tried to sit up on the bed. "Hey, hey..." Tao came towards me and helped me sit up. I slapped his hands away, and got up from the bed myself to go to the washroom. As I reached the door of the toilet, I felt a dizzy spell. I rested my palm on the wall next to me, supporting myself, and held my head with my other hand.

"Hye, are you alright?" Tao held me just when I lifted my hand off the wall. I fell into his arms and he winced when I accidentally pushed him against the wall. "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! Are you alright?" I wrapped my arm around his waist and brought him on to the bed. We sat down on the bed together as I held his hand and he placed his hand on my thigh. "I'm sorry, I was just worried about you." Tao said. "But that does not mean you could just get out of bed and move about?" I questioned him. "Me? What about you? You got out of bed yourself too!"

I stared at Tao and we had a small argument. I smiled and buried my face in his chest, he then wrapped his arms around me and rested his hand on the back of my head. "I'm sorry," Tao apologised again, and I just nodded, breathing in deeply, inhaling his scent. Oh, what would I do without him?

 

Author's POV

Hyeyoung and Tao were discharged together. Hyeyoung helped Tao into the house and took care of him for the rest of the day. Jackson had done all he could to get rid of the rival gang, he was unhappy that someone actually laid their hands on Hyeyoung and his right hand man, Tao.

 

4 months later

There was a huge fight between Tao's gang and another rival's. Tao and Jackson's other right-hand man were together and this was the breaking point Tao's team over at the police force needed to arrest the syndicate. Tao had given orders for the team to act when Tao tells them to. The team positioned themselves at the place the two gangs were supposed to be to have a faceoff - in a warehouse.

Tao's gang and the rival's reached and each group had weapons on them. Without a second thought, they attacked each other. Everyone was kicking, punching and slashing enemies. Tao and the rival gang's boss got out of the chaotic place and settled their fight outside. Jackson's other right-hand man followed them out as he was afraid that something would go wrong.

He ran around looking for Tao and saw him being locked in the rival gang's arms and Tao was thrashing around. Jackson's other right-hand man wanted to run up and help Tao, but what happened next made him stop in his tracks.

 

Tao's POV

I was locked in the arms of my rival. He was trying to suffocate me but I managed to kick his shin, making him stumble backwards. I braced myself for his attack as he walked towards me. I held up my fists as I taunted him to come nearer. All of a sudden, he whipped a gun out and aimed it at me. He fired once and I managed to dodge. I pressed onto my ear, where the chip was in my ear, and muttered, "Go, go, go!" I know I shouldn't have done that as I might risk my identity being exposed, but I couldn't care anymore.

One shot and I might be dead. My team came running out and caught the people inside the warehouse. My team members caught the one holding the gun and one of them ran up to me. "Sir, are you alright?" I nodded as I wiped away the blood from my busted lip. Little did I know I was being watched.

I hid behind the warehouse as my team members led each and every criminal to the vehicle. I smiled in satisfaction but suddenly, "You little bastard." I spun around and saw Jackson's other right-hand man behind me. "Hyung- you scared me." I laughed nervously. "Hyung? I am no hyung of yours, Sir." He gritted his teeth as the words came out of his mouth. "Sir? I don't get you, Hyung." "Tao, the undercover cop. Ain't I right, sir?"

My heart sank as realization hit me. He had found out my identity and who I really was. I was about to open my mouth to say something when suddenly, he struck me across my face with his fist. Before I could react, he rained punches on me. He grabbed my collar, pulling me up and pushing me against the wall of the warehouse. "An undercover cop eh?" And he slammed my head against the wall.

A blinding pain hit through my entire being and I could feel my body falling limp. I fell onto the ground and as my head landed, I could see black spots and I had passed out.

I opened my eyes slowly, and my head was hurting like it was going to split open anytime. I tried to move my arms and legs, but soon realized that I was bounded. I looked at my surroundings and saw i was in a foreign place. I tried to wriggle my hands out of the tightly bounded ropes, and friction started to act on my wrist. I growled in pain as my attempt of freeing myself was fruitless.

Suddenly, a spot light shone on me. My eyes half closed due to the bright light and I could make out two figures walking towards me from the distance. Before I could see their faces, a punch struck my face. I quickly turned to look at my attacker and saw Jackson and his other right-hand man. "Well, looks like we really have a cop here, Sir." Jackson said, his eyes never leaving me.

"Let me go you bastard." I spat out, staring at Jackson's face. I couldn't feel the chip in my ear anymore and I assumed it fell out after I was struck on my face by Jackson's other right-hand man. Jackson chuckled and struck me on my face again. Then he punched me in my stomach. I coughed and spat blood out. "Does Hyeyoung know that you are an undercover cop? Or is she-" "Keep her out of this!" I yelled, cutting Jackson short.

"Looks like our little prized jewel is also an undercover cop. Too bad, she could have made a pretty ruthless criminal." Jackson whispered into my ears and traced the knife he had in his hand along my jawline. His other right-hand man called another two underlings and Jackson told them, "Beat him, but don't kill him. Well, not yet. Guys, i want him alive." And he left. The moment he turned his back on me, three men rained punches on me.

The chair I was tied to toppled over and I am now lying on my side, on the floor, receiving kicks from them. I coughed and tried to endure the pain they were inflicting on me but the pain was too overwhelming. Before I knew it, I out again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

HEY SO THIS IS MY NEXT UPDATE~ Hope you guys enjoyed it~ please anticipate my next update and thanks for being so patient with me! Thanks for reading and stay tuned~

Comments? Subscribe? See you soon!

 

 

 

LOVE LOTS