"I want to..."

Words Of Love (jindy one-shot compilation)

Genre: romance, slight angst, dark humor, fluff etc. 

Idea: don't ask

“I want to…”

Junjin snorted when the door of the classroom opened and a guy, almost like a mouse, entered the room filled with students, hugging the bag that he had lifted onto his stomach and chest The class clown, the coolest person in the school, and the fear to most of the teachers, sat up on the seat and startled the teacher who had just stepped behind the desk.

“You are the fifth substitute teacher we have.” Junjin, the bully, announced. “How long are you going to teach us? And when will Eric seonsaengnim come back?” he snapped.

The substitute teacher shuddered and looked under the long bangs, still embracing the precious bag as if he had been the student called Dongwan. Junjin smirked and then let out a chuckle as he jumped down from the chair and walked towards the substitute, who stepped back and hid his face behind the leather bag.

“Answer me.” Junjin mumbled demandingly.

“Ehh…I…I…I am going to…be here…f-f-f-for…six months.” The substitute teacher told, stuttering provokingly. “And…w-w-what comes to Eric…he…he will come back…as…soon as he has gotten his things dealt with.”

Junjin stared at the substitute teacher wide-eyed, eyebrows covering the upper lids.

“And what’s your name, you fool?” He asked.

“A-a-a-Andy.” The teacher stammered.

Junjin laughed again and grabbed the sponge, raised it above Andy’s head and squeezed, letting the dirty drops of water and chalk drop onto the brown hair. The teacher’s lower lip quivered and the big dark brown eyes twinkled as Junjin threw the sponge to the furthest corner of the classroom and glared at Andy.

“Welcome to our class.” He said before he returned to his seat.

 

The first month went slowly.

Andy was tired.

He was depressed.

He was sad.

He was scared.

He was upset.

And he was naïve.

He kept going back to the school, being slaughtered (in a way) by the bully of the school; he was wetted several times, he was pushed in the canteen and his tray of food had scattered all around and eventually he had escaped, and held his tears until no one saw him. He always found comfort from an abandoned class. No one knew why it was abandoned, but the way it smelled may have been a reason for that.

Andy hid there all the time.

And when the school bell rang, he walked back to the class he always taught at.

And always, Junjin was there, doing something ominous.

Teacher Andy is a fool was written in the blackboard as Andy silently took the wet sponge and started rubbing the scribbles away. He felt his eyes stinging from the tears as he shook his head and let the teeth bite the lower lip until he didn’t feel like crying.

Junjin felt satisfaction all over his body.

 

It was soon that three months had vanished and Andy was still in the school. Junjin had to admit that it was remarkable. Usually the substitutes eloped after three weeks and never came back, but this…this man, he never ran away.

Junjin was hanging in the corridor when he saw Andy exiting the class no one ever used. He decided to follow him and saw him fishing out a phone. The guy had cried, obviously, since that was something Junjin wanted, and when he talked to the phone the voice was soft but shivery. Junjin grinned evilly as the content feel in his guts screamed.

“Honey,” Andy murmured.

Junjin eavesdropped.

“I…I can’t take this anymore.” The teacher said frankly. “My…my willing to teach has decreased. I have realised that…this isn’t what I want.” He explained sadly. “I know…I know you don’t want me to end this, since we need all the money we can have, but…the students…I…” Junjin saw the teacher shaking his head, the tears flowing through his face. He began to feel like an idiot. “Honey…the baby…” Junjin frowned. “…I don’t want to let her down…but…” Andy’s voice disappeared under the tears. “…Junjin…”

When the bully heard his name, he sensed the increasing shame rising in his chest.

“And I want to buy you that ring…” Andy sobbed. “…the one you want…” Junjin felt his body burning as he squatted down and covered his face with his hands. “For you, Sun Jae…I do this all for you.” Andy whispered to the phone, before he let his hand down sluggishly and the back met the wall.

Then Andy’s shoulders wiggled and the tears dropped to the floor.

Junjin got up from the floor when Andy walked away and the school bell rang.  

 

The next two weeks had been slightly better.

Andy hadn’t been bullied and he actually helped the students to learn.

Junjin stared at the smiling teacher and eventually he was happy to see how the effects on him helping the poor substitute had increased. Andy even got more salary of managing to get the hopeless class back to the lists.

And then Junjin saw her.

“Honey,” Andy smiled and walked towards a girl slightly younger than the teacher.

She wasn’t smiling, but her baby bump was visible.

“Oppa.” She said seriously. “I don’t think this is gonna work out.”

Andy startled and Junjin flinched on his spot.

“But…why?” Andy’s voice suddenly dropped couple of octaves.

“Because,” she held the stomach as she stepped closer. “I don’t love you anymore.”

Junjin clenched his fists.

Andy didn’t say a word and the king of the school was agonising.

“Oppa,” she prompted. “I…I found someone.”

“…I see.” was the only thing Andy let out.

“And…he is willing to take care of me.” She explained. “He has enough money and room.”

Andy nodded, not comprehending.

“I am tired of being poor.” She commented. “I am tired of waiting for things to happen.”

“I…understand.” Andy responded inaudibly.

Junjin felt his chest aching.

“I am sorry oppa.” She apologised as if it had made Andy feel better. “I really am.”

Andy stepped back when she got into the taxi and waved at him, a smile plastering on her face, while he stared at the receding car. Junjin thought it was only matter of a time that Andy would breakdown. But the teacher stood there, under the dark clouds, digging his pockets, as the raindrops initiated to pour and the guy looked like he was a drenched, left puppy.

Junjin advanced the teacher.

But the teacher dropped something to the ground, to the pond of water, and slowly walked away, his prolonged steps lapping on the wetted asphalt. Junjin was in front of the pond as he crouched down and caught the small black box.

He opened it.

A ring.

He then tossed his head at receding Andy and picked up his pace as he ran as fast as he could and frantically turned the teacher around.

“Yah,” he said. “You dropped something.”

Andy looked at the box that Junjin moved in front of his eyes.

“I don’t need it anymore.” Andy muttered. “You can keep it.”

“But—“

“Keep it.” Andy scoffed and walked off.

 

It was soon the second last month for Andy, which surprised Junjin, who had thought that he would quit as soon as he had the chance. And what was even odder, was the polite attitude Andy received from the bully. It wasn’t that intentional from Junjin as he did pity the teacher a lot, but he sort of liked the small curves on the corner of his mouths.

And right as Junjin had thought everything was okay, Andy’s car was wrecked.

Andy stood in front of it, the yellow paint on the side of the door, saying: “Teachers cannot love their students! Does he get better grades!?”

He had never been so shocked in his life.

Meanwhile, Junjin was dealing with the member of his gang.

“Why are you so mad, Junjin!?” Minwoo mumbled. “I was only doing it for you. That teacher is an infection!”

Junjin bit his cheeks not to hit his good friend.

“You are hurting him!” he exclaimed.

“So what!? WE DO THAT TO TEACHERS!” Minwoo answered. “Or are you, in fact, sleeping with him!? To get better grades!? If you are…how is it? Is he good? Or is he as, how do you put it, tense as he is while teaching?”

Junjin prayed forgiveness from the lord as he slammed his fist against the jawline. He then hurried towards third floor, to the abandoned class where he saw Andy, crouched down, hugging his legs.

“Teacher.” Junjin touched the shoulder.

Andy lifted his head. “You shouldn’t be here. They could see.” He crooned.

“Even if they did, they would be too scared to do anything.” Junjin squatted down and cupped the face and lifted the man up, wiping of the tears that for so long had shed from his eyes. “I am their boss, remember?”

Andy flashed a weak smile and nodded.

Junjin leaned down to check that the face looked okay when Andy suddenly pouted and his upper lip grazed his but only like a fraction of a second. They froze and looked at each other in silence full of jolt and intensity.

Andy looked up at Junjin. Junjin blushed realising that that had been an accident and he was about to leave. But they heard sounds from the corridor and Junjin felt like he should do something. And he turned around, cupped the face and kissed Andy like he kissed the coolest girl in the school while he hid Andy under him and noticed that the teacher was answering carefully, his hands getting around him.

Junjin was slow at first but then the taste got addicting and the kiss was more than just an act and the passers-by had disappeared as the two were still kissing, Andy timidly, Junjin dominatingly. His palms held the face, thumbs feeling the drying tears as the other pair of lips slightly retreated and a sigh escaped from the small slit.

Junjin kissed intensely and Andy's hands were on the waist when the school bell rang (for the umpteenth time in this damn story) and they withdrew, their eyes meeting awkwardly as Andy's lips swelled and they realised they were going to be in the same class.

 

The class started.

Andy stood behind his desk and asked the students to go write down the sentence they had been assigned to and Junjin raised his arm, and got up from the chair. The teacher couldn’t look at Junjin, and the student couldn’t look at him, as Andy passed him the chalk and their fingers brushed. Suddenly it felt like the time stopped, which was bad since Andy wanted the class to end so he could be kissed again.

Junjin glimpsed at him and the lips which were kissable.

They were dozing off.

Junjin shook his head and continued the scribbling at the board and tried to focus.

Andy couldn’t focus.

His heart beat rapidly every time Junjin glanced at him. He kept asking something but Andy hardly heard it as he just nodded and waited for the class to end, which felt like forever. Abruptly Andy recalled that he had no idea which was the subject he was teaching. He had been staring at the now empty spot as Junjin had moved back to his seat. Realising that he had been quiet for some time now, Andy turned his head towards the scribbles and blushed almost instantly.

So he taught English…apparently.

The scribbles on the blackboard formed feeble but meaningful words which Andy supposedly was checking when he had moved closer. And before he noticed, he had read the sentence out loud more than necessary.

“I want to kiss you again.”

Andy sighed.

Romantically.

Like he was smitten.

Like he was stupid.

Like he was a foolish teenage girl having a crush.

“I want to kiss you again.” He hummed, fingers slightly brushing the scribbles.

What a relief that they had learned verbs last week, and the students had to make sentences from the verbs they liked the most; coincidentally.

Junjin felt his heart beating speedily to the cute repetition in front of him.

After 75 minutes of sighing and stolen glances once in a while, the bell rang and the class ended. Students flooded out and fast, since it was a weekend, and Andy was minding his own business when he was grabbed by the jaw gently and his lips were crashed by thick and luscious ones that were somewhat familiar to him already, since he didn’t hesitate to put his arms over the shoulders and get closer. Junjin obviously wanted to continue where they had stayed in the classroom above them. He was delighted that Andy replied. He was much braver as his other arm got back down and the hand got onto the back of Junjin’s hand that was pressing against the desk next to them. Junjin spread his fingers and let Andy’s fall between them, as they squeezed in and Andy’s got jailed. Andy sighed against the lips and Junjin felt alive.

That encouraged him to slip his tongue in.

Andy’s grasp on his hand tightened and the sighs were constant.

The sentence was still on the blackboard, circled and underlined.

The lips were lacing, saliva spotted areas getting glued.

Only last class was left but Andy knew no one would interrupt the innocent, sad, small substitute teacher now. Never. He knew it as he squeezed his eyelids together and Junjin’s other arm circled his waist and hugged him by it. He rolled his lips on Andy’s and felt how much they had swollen; deliciously. Andy’s active tongue slowed down and eventually gave up and let Junjin take the lead.

He ended it smoothly, Andy’s nape hair with the hand that had been on his waist.

Andy had questions; a lot.

But he didn’t want to ask them now.

Junjin leaned his forehead against Andy’s and mumbled, “Everything I wrote to the blackboard is true.”

Andy nodded and pulled off, his eyes following Junjin, who was serious in a romantic way. Andy cannot believe that that guy once bullied him, , hurt him. He doesn’t believe Junjin is bad. He isn’t scared of him anymore. He hasn’t been scared ever since the day he started being nice.

Junjin leaned down once more and kissed the thick lips before the school bell rang again. His palms fitted perfectly to the chubby cheeks; warm and soft. He kept the promise he had written to the board. Andy didn’t want him to leave because the feeling he had was too real. But Junjin had that one last class to attend to before the day was over for him.

Andy strode towards the student.

Until Junjin’s back met the door.

And he allowed the tongue twirl again, because it felt good, beautiful, right.

And the hand behind Andy’s neck, grasped harder, pushing him closer until their proximity was intimate. Junjin puffed the held air onto Andy’s dark red lips as he really had to go.

This time Andy let him.

He bit his lower lip.

It tasted unfamiliar, but he hoped the taste wouldn’t disappear at all.  

 

It was the last week of Andy’s career at the Shinhwa high. Junjin found time between breaks to be with the teacher as he had planned something to him. The student seated him down onto the chair at the abandoned classroom and dug his pockets hurriedly. Andy blinked his eyes when the well-known box appeared in front of his eyes.

“I will give it to you.” Junjin muttered.

“But…” Andy looked at him. “…I cannot accept it.”

“And why not?” Junjin pursed his lips. “Am I disgusting?”

Andy shook his head panicked. “No, no!” he denied. “You are amazing…but…why me?”

Junjin smiled and leaned down, planting soft and brief kisses onto the confused, pouted lips. “Because, I want to give it to you…and you aren’t going to be my teacher after this week anyways.”

Andy stared at him and blushed as he helped him slip the ring through the ring finger. The clock above the door showed that it was about the time to leave but Junjin held the hands in his and rubbed the palms until Andy stood up and pecked him shyly.

“What was that for?” Junjin interrogated.

“I felt like kissing you.” Andy puckered up his lips. “Aren’t we engaged now?”