The Sign

Words Of Love (jindy one-shot compilation)

Genre: slight angst, fluff, cheesiness etc. 

 

The sign

“Hyung,” Andy said devastated as if Junjin didn’t comprehend what he had just said. The tears ran through the maknae’s cheeks as he clasped his hands onto the dancing machine’s shoulders and squeezed them hard, letting the worry grow inside him. “I love you.”

Junjin blinked his eyes.

“I love you in a way that could make me run away and never come back to my family.” Andy told. “I love you more than stars love the moon. I am sick because I love you like this. But from the inside,” He planted his hand onto his chest. “I wish that you would love me too.”

Junjin was baffled. “Andy…” he whispered confused.

“Don’t say it, if it’s a rejection!” The maknae cried. “I don’t want to hear it! Lalala!” he sang.

Junjin grabbed the hands away from the ears and sternly gazed at the small little thing. Andy was heart-breaking. The teardrops were bigger than the tips of his fingers and the lips were red and as swollen as the face. The maknae sniffed under the scrutiny and began to cry again as soon as Junjin retreated from him.

“I need to think about this.” he spoke. “In peace.”

And that was the last time Andy saw Junjin that night.

  

Junjin was lifted to the stretchers and taken to the ambulance. His eyes fluttered shut as the blood poured through his face. His head was open a bit and the Shinhwa members, excluding Andy, were fussing around him, crying, praying and comforting. The maknae had suffered from mental breakdown when he heard the news of collapsing Junjin.

He had fallen apart.

As if the accident had been a sign that Junjin didn’t want him.

Andy heard that the accident was so bad that the night Junjin was heading to, was going to be difficult. At night, Andy tiptoed to the room and saw Junjin in a machine that helped him breathe. He was in a coma but it never meant he was dying. Andy felt the held tears stinging in his eyes as he sat down next to the slowly breathing guy and held the lunchbox on his lap.

“Junjin,” he murmured. “Look what I did to you.” He lifted the box up. “There are all your favourite foods.”

The heart monitor bleeped after each beat.

Andy was silent for a while, letting the tears go down a bit faster than before, as he sniffed out loud and the snot tainted his lips.

“Hyung,” he prompted. “Please, it isn’t a sign that you had an accident and almost died. It isn’t.”

The heart monitor bleeped again.

“Please, wake up.” Andy chanted. “If you wake up, I won’t say anything about my feelings. I will be the cute, friendly maknae to you.”  

The heart monitor bleeped more often now.

“I will act normal around you and maybe someday, I no longer have any feelings left. Please, Junjin, wake up.” Andy crooned, wailing. “Because in the end, I, the hyungs, cannot live without you.”

The heart monitor started bleeping rapider and rapider and eventually a doctor ran into the room, couple of nurses running behind him. Andy was terrified and shocked as he jumped off the chair and escaped, sensing that he was just trouble to everyone; to Junjin.

The doctor heaved a sigh when the patient returned to normal state.

Then he gasped.

“Cannot be!” he hailed. “Quickly! Ask the members and family here!”

The doctor caught the moving hand and then set his eyes to the tardily opening ones. He wanted to cry to the miracle as Junjin blinked his eyes and stared at him in awe.

“Welcome back, Mr. Park. I think you have the most powerful Guardian Angel somewhere.” The doctor said with a smile. “What? What are you trying to say?” he leaned down.

“A…ndy…”

 

Hyesung, Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan were running around, trying to find the maknae. He was gone. He hadn’t come back to the dorm and his stuff was gone. Eric knew Andy would leave Korea and everything behind him but he was needed. They were rushing towards the airport, only hoping that Andy wasn’t getting in and departing yet.

“ANDY!” Eric yelled when he saw the maknae standing in front of the monitors of different flights.

The youngest member turned around and was pulled into a bear hug that blocked the air coming to the lungs. Hyesung drew Eric away and was about to scold Andy when Dongwan and Minwoo pushed him away, caught Andy’s wrists and pulled him out of the place, seating him with them to the car they had stolen from the manager in charge.

“What are you doing!? It is better for everyone if I leave for good!” Andy sobbed.

“No, it isn’t.” Eric muttered. “Not for Junjin.”

Andy’s heart skipped a beat.

“We need to hurry because visiting hour is almost ending.” Minwoo hastened Eric and the leader nodded, accelerating.

“What? Visiting hour? But hyungs, I need to leave! I already called my mom!” Andy whined.

Hyesung turned around on his seat and cupped the chubby face. “You aren’t going anywhere until you see Junjin.”

 

Suddenly Andy’s palms were sweaty.

He was nervous.

“Are you sure he wants to see me?” He asked from the older lads and they nodded. “I guess I should see him then.”

Andy opened the door and entered the room, hearing the familiar sound of a heart monitor as he shuddered from the memory and didn’t dare to turn around. But he felt like a moron and he shifted his body a bit, looking over his shoulder. Junjin was watching him.

“Andy.” He called huskily.

“Junjin.” Andy murmured inaudibly.

“I am so sorry.”

The maknae frowned.

“I was going to tell you my decision but ended up doing a failed somersault and ended up here. I am so, so, sorry.”

Andy shook his head bemused.

“I cannot believe I told you to wait this long.” Junjin was embarrassed. “I cannot believe you had to wait for my confession this long.”

“What?”

Junjin smiled when Andy’s cheeks were red.

“I heard your voice Andy.” The older guy told. “I just wanted to reach to you and say no to your promises, but then you left…as soon as I was signing that it isn’t right.”

Andy gasped.

“Then hyungs told you had vanished.” Junjin pouted.

“But I am here now.” Andy said shyly.

“Indeed you are.” Junjin grinned. “Finally.”

Andy nodded and sat down next to Junjin.

“I love you Andy.” The older one confessed. “Forever and ever and ever.”

Andy felt the hot palms cupping his face as it was pulled down.

He had never loved signs so much in his life.