Working hard

How am I supposed to live without you?

For the last two weeks all I´ve been doing was work hard. During the afternoons, I wrote on songs with Yongguk, after there was dancing lessons with all three of my Dongsaengs and once every week, I took them out for dinner. Every single night I danced through and tried to make as many different choreographies as I could think of before I went to my apartment and slept there for about three hours because in the mornings I had meetings with Manager Kang or President Park to discuss and learn official matters so that I would be prepared for those things as well.

All of this was of course not only for my dream of debuting the first boy group under my lead but also to not have time and think about Donghae and Kyuhyun. There hasn´t been any contact between Donghae and me. Well, I didn´t try to contact him anymore and since he decided not to text me for the last seven months, I didn´t really expect anything less from him. But now I wanted to focus on my dream of becoming my Dongsaeng´s manager and making them be able to debut as soon as possible and make them one of the most popular groups out there. Everything else should wait until after this first step.

Right now I was waiting on my three Dongsaengs to get to the dancing room and therefore decided to work on my moves that I practiced last night. When I finished, I suddenly heard clapping behind me. Behind me were Yongguk and Junhong.

"Woah, Hyung, that was daebak!", Junhong almost screamed and looked at me with his big puppy eyes.

"Gomawo Junhongie. How long have you been here?"

"Long enough to see almost the whole dance. Did you practice all night long again?", Yongguk asked. I smiled at him and nodded. "You need to..."

"You really shouldn´t tell me to sleep more as you don´t do it either. I know you, Yongguk." He looked away ashamed. "And I´m good, okay? I want us to become successful. So I have to work just as hard as you guys do. Where is Himchan by the way?"

"He´s still in singing lesson and will be here a bit later", our Maknae answered.

"Oh okay, then let´s start without him..." Then my phone started ringing. "Oh just a minute guys. You can already warm up a bit." I pulled out my phone. It was a number I didn´t know. "Yoboseyo?"

"E-eunhyuk-shi?" Where did I know this voice from? I just couldn´t get it all together right now.

"Dae, who is this?"

"I don´t know if you still remember me, I´m Youngjae... We met..."

"Of course I remember you! You´re the nice guy with the angel voice that I want to join our company. Did you already think about my proposition?"

"Dae, I´m actually in front of the TSE building and I was..."

"You´re here?! I´ll be right out there. Just wait a minute, okay?"

"S-sure." I couldn´t believe it. Was he really here? Would he decide to join TSE? I would have to convince him today for sure! Fighting, Hyukjae! You can do it!

"Who was it Hyung?", Yongguk asked. I just smiled brightly at him.

"Maybe another member for our boyband. I´ll be right back. He is in front of the building,, waiting for me." I ran outside without furhter explanations to my two Dongsaengs. As soon as I was outside the building, I saw him standing there. When he saw me, he waved and smiled as well. I walked towards him. "Youngjae-ah!"

"A-annyeonghaseyo Eunhyuk-sshi. I..." I just felt like hugging him in that moment and that was exactly what I did. I really didn´t know why this young man made me feel this way but his voice had just moved me so much when I heard him sing about two weeks ago. The angel that my mum send for me to help me get back up again. Youngjae was a little stiff in the beginning but then hugged me back shyly.

"I really am so glad that you came. Did you already think about my proposition well then?", I asked him after letting go again.

"At least I wanted to see how you work and what you are actually preparing and so on. But I would really like to check it out what you are doing and what you could teach me and so on."

"Well then, how about you and I will go inside and I will introduce you to three other of my Dongsaengs who have already been decided to be put into the idol group that I will be in charge of? Would that be okay? We actually just wanted to work on some dance moves. So you can join if you want or just watch."

"Sure, I´d really like that." I put an arm around his shoulders and we both smiled.

"Well, then let´s get back..."

"Hyuk-ah." I was in a state of shock when I heard the voice behind me. My smile had faded immediately and I turned around to see my ex best friend behind me with his phone in his hands.

"We will go inside in just a minute, Youngjae. Could you please just give me a moment with this guy." The younger just nodded and gave Donghae and me some space to talk. "And what exactly are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened and I wanted to explain myself."

"Well then, explain yourself and make it quick. I have work to do." Hae couldn´t hold my stare and kept avoiding to look at me directly. It seems like he would have a really bad conscience. Good. He should have a bad conscience after all that I have been through because of him and my ex boyfriend.

"It´s really not easy for me to talk about this... You know in the beginning my plan really was to kick Kyuhyun´s for hurting you and I tried to avoid him insided the company as good as I possibly could but of course we kept bumping into each other and we started talking and hanging out when he had the time and... well..."

"So?" I could feel how I started to tremble. I was afraid of what would be next. And there was a really bad feeling inside of me that the next sentence would make me cry and fall to the ground. "What do you want to tell me with that Hae?"

"I..."

"WHAT. IS. IT?!" I knew that I shouldn´t have screamed but my fear was too strong. And the worst part of all of this was that I didn´t know if I really wanted to hear what was about to come or if I wanted to run away and pretend that I hadn´t even seen Donghae today.

"I fell in love with Kyuhyun. And that´s why I really couldn´t talk to you anymore until I could sort out my feelings and I never meant to hurt you by telling you this and I really miss you as my best friend. You were, are and always will be the best friend that anyone could ever ask for but I..." Donghae kept on babbling but my mind had shut down and the words didn´t seem to sink in anymore. I knew that I really wouldn´t like what he would say to me but somehow this was even far worse than I ever expected. I could feel how my tears started to run down my cheeks. "Hyuk-ah... Kyuhyun and I..."

"I don´t want to hear it!"

"Hyuk-ah..." He took a step towards me and I backed away immediately.

"Don´t you dare to come close to me right now. You are my best friend and you are now telling me that you fell in love with my ex-boyfriend that I am still in love with and that this is the reason why you weren´t able to talk to me anymore for the past half year? Do you even know what that makes me?! No, you don´t have a clue! I wasn´t able to see Kyuhyun for three years except through the TV because of his debut and everything and you were able to see him almost every day at the company or somewhere else where you went to. You could talk to him and be with him and now you want to tell me that something is happening between you two, don´t you?! How can you even come in front of my eyes and talk to me like that and like our friendship would mean anything to you?! How can you..."

"Then what about the guy that you just hugged and that you smiled at right now. Are you even sure that you still love Kyu? It´s been three years, Hyukjae. A lot can change in those three years. Kyu has also changed. And maybe it wouldn´t work between the two of you anymore because both of you have changed because a lot of things have happened to both of you." I started to not feel sad but feel angry at Donghae. Angry wasn´t even the right word. Furious would be better. I could feel how I clenched my hands into fists and how my tears started to fall because of all the rage that I felt. I would like to punch him right now. Just when I wanted to take a step towards my so-called best friend, Youngjae came in between the two of us. He just took one of my arms in his hand and shook his hand before he looked at Donghae.

"This is not my business but would you please go now. My manager and I have a lot of work to do so we would appreciate it if we could get back inside now." Donghae seemed to be really surprised as well. He kept staring at our arms before I thought that he actually took a photo with the phone he still held in his hands. What the hell was going on here? Did he have a plan or anything? Aish, this was so frustrating! Couldn´t he just have stayed away for a bit longer until I really had my life under control before he could make me doubt my path once more.

"Alright, I´ll be going now. I want to say again, Hyuk-ah. I really am sorry and I hope that we will get back to being best friends again over time but I really just thought that you should know what´s happening right now." And again I felt the urge of punching him but was held back by Youngjae who seemed so calm in this situation. Donghae turned around and soon I couldn´t see him anymore. Just then Youngjae turned around and looked at me with concerning eyes.

"Gwenchana Eunhyuk-sshi?" Just then everything seemed to make sense in my mind and I sank to my knees crying again. Too many tears had already been shred because of those two but it seemed like there always was more to make me cry again. Youngjae went down to his knees as well and kept up and down my arm to calm me down. I looked at him after a few minutes when my tears stopped falling and I started smiling a bit.

"It seems like you always would see me on the floor crying."

"Oh well, I guess we will have to change this then because I really don´t like seeing others sad or crying. Then I always have the urge to cheer them up, no matter what."

"You called me your manager." He looked at me surprised and then laughed a bit embarrassed.

"Well, yeah, it might be true soon, right? And I just thought that..."

"Thank you for being here and for stepping in between before I did something really foolish. But from now on let me protect you. I will have to go through this alone.

"No, you don´t. No one should go through stuff like this alone." I looked at him. It seemed like he would have gone through something like this as well. "But for now I would actually like to meet the others. Are you feeling alright to face others?"

"Well, then let´s go inside and start working."

"Hwaiting!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It´s been such a long time again since I last updated any of my stories. I had loooots of work to do and during my vacation I wasn´t really online much so~~~ But here it is and again so many tears for Hyukjae... At least now he knows a bit of Donghae´s motive... Luckily angel Youngjae is there ^.^

As always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please leave a comment. Love youuuu~~~~