New Year and a new start? Part 3

How am I supposed to live without you?

I was right behind Kyuhyun when he walked up to my two best friends.

"You must be Heechul-ssi and you must be Hangeng-ssi, right? It´s really nice to finally meet you", Kyuhyun started and bowed lightly. I just had to laugh when I saw how shocked those two were when they saw Kyuhyun. They bowed a bit awkwardly as well. "I am Cho Kyuhyun."

"You are THE Cho Kyuhyun? The idol? The singer of KRY?", Heechul then suddenly exclaimed which made me laugh even more. "Yah, why the hell are you laughing?! You could have warned us that your Kyuhyun is THE Kyuhyun!" I just shrugged and tried to calm down. Kyuhyun just smiled and looked at me happily which made me blush a bit again.

"Well... I... do you maybe want to sit down first?", Hangeng then also started talking after the first shock was over. "Would you like something to drink, Kyuhyun-sshi?"

"Sure, a glass of wine would be great. Thank you." Kyuhyun and I then sat down next to each other. Now that he was here, I was looking at him almost nonstop. He was still so handsome and he had the most beautiful smile ever. I really was like a crazy in-love teenage girl. It was good that no one could read my thoughts. That would be far too embarassing.

"Now at least I get why you had to come to Seoul to fulfill your dream and all. But geeeeez, I would have never thought that our Hyukjae´s ex-boyfriend would be you. How is that..." Heechul apparently still didn´t know what to say about this whole situation.

"Here you go, Kyuhyun-ssi." Hangeng came back with a glass of wine and put it in front of the singer before he sat down next to Heechul again as well. "First of all, it is really nice to meet you. I was really happy when Hyukjae told us that he would introduce us to you."

"No, it should be me who is thankful and happy about this situation right now. I know how much the two of you helped Hyuk-ah through a really tough time with almost no one around him. Because I also know how much I have hurt him when I went to Seoul without him and stopped talking to him. And then he comes here to a new city with a new challenge and a lot of new drama. He really needs good friends around him and I really want to thank you for taking such good care of him. He told me really a lot about the two of you while we started to talk about the past years we didn´t have any contact. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." The couple in front of us smiled. Kyu had kept his word. The first thing he wanted to tell those two was thank you for taking care of me.

"We are also thankful that we have found him, you know? Most of the time it has always just been us two against the rest of the world. It is really good that we have found ourselves a friend like him", Hangeng said.

"Ani, the only one to be thankful...", I started but was interrupted by Heechul.

"Could we just stop this who is more thankful-stuff? Yes, we are all thankful to have found one another. Now let´s get back to getting to know each other and talk about something different."

"He really is just the way you told me", Kyuhyun chuckled next to me.

"Yeah that is Heechul-Hyung", I confirmed.

"Who exactly am I?", Heechul asked.

"Someone who is really energetic and someone who likes to talk and someone who is an amazing friend because you will always be there when someone you love needs you", I explained. "At least that is how I described you to Kyu."

"Sounds like me but it also sounds like you left out a part of it all", Heechul answered suspiciously.

"Well he said that you are not able to shut up", Kyuhyun simply stated with a smirk.

"KYU!", I screamed and hit him. "Don´t be so evil-tongued."

"Well, it´s kind of the truth", Hangeng simply stated and just laughed.

"Yah! You´re supposed to be my boyfriend and therefore defend me and not be like that... although, yeah it is kind of true of course... but still!", Heechul pouted which made me hit Kyuhyun again altough I kind of had to smile as well.

"Apologize, Kyu. I thought you wanted to have a good first impression on both."

"It´s okay, Hyuk-ah. I like people who are upfront. And to be upfront, you just have to sometimes say things the other maybe doesn´t want to hear. Trust me, I should know", Heechul said with a warm smile.

"Thank you Hyung."

"So what did he tell you about my boyfriend then? Anything bad about him or is he just the sweet, nice and more quiet guy that he adores?", Heechul continued. Kyu just chuckled.

"Well, you should be the one who knows him best, am I not right?"

"Absolutely! No one knows him as well as me!" This made all three of us laugh. It felt good how Heechul and Kyu could already joke around with each other like this. They really seemed to fit and I guess I was wrong to tell Kyu to shut up and not be just open about everything. Well, Kyu always had known how to be around others altough his evil tongue was sometimes also trouble. I just had to think about that one time when he was driving Donghae nuts with different... Why am I even thinking about Donghae right now who was the reason that I almost was completely alone and depressed and that I almost didn´t give Kyuhyun another chance. I wouldn´t have been able to celebrate New Year´s now with him being here with my two best friends. Yes, all of this was right. Or am I wrong, eomma? No, don´t even doubt it, Hyukjae. Just go with the flow and everything will be just the way it´s supposed to be. Yes, everything will turn out the way it´s supposed to be. And if Kyuhyun and I were meant to be together again, it would happen. If not, then maybe we could at least get back to being friends... But who am I kidding... We have never just been friends. So it was either, we could work it out with time or we would go our separate ways again but this time we could end it peacefully. Although I of course was still hoping that everything would turn out the way I had always thought of.

"Hyuk, are you still with us?", Kyu asked and I just realized that I had been staring at him and not listening to the conversation of the other three at all.

"Wait what? Sorry I wasn´t paying attention." Kyuhyun just laughed shortly and put one of his hands on my cheek, shortly caressing it with his thumb.

"You are so cute when you are this spaced-out." I think he was just as surprised as me by this action as he immediately pulled his hand away and looked towards Heechul. "Ehm, what did we want to ask him again? Now I lost track as well..." My two friends just smiled at us which made me finally realize what happened and I blushed madly. Still I had to smile as well. I could still feel his thumb softly caressing my cheek. There was a feeling of closeness like we used to have. Aish, what am I supposed to do? I wanted to play hard to get because I really was mad at him but when he did stuff like that... Eomma, he is making it so hard on me to stay firm and a bit distant.

"Eunhyuk, you are spacing out again. Listen to me now, okay?" I snapped out of it immediately when I heard Hangeng addressing me directly now.

"What? Oh yeah, sorry Hyung. What did you say?"

"If you are still hungry or thirsty? I will go into the kitchen really quickly with Heechul to get us something."

"Just a coke or something and maybe a small snack? Thank you Hyung."

"Sure, come on Heechul."

"Why do I have to go with you, can`t you just...", Heechul started to complain but was cut off by his boyfriend shortly.

"Shut up Heechul and just come with me." I guess Hangeng wanted me and Kyu to be alone? Oh no, wait! That wasn´t a good idea! I can´t be alone with him right now. But before I could even react, Hangeng has already dragged Heechul with himself towards the kitchen. Shyly I looked to my right. Kyu was staring at me as well with such a soft gaze. It drives me crazy. How can it be that he can stay so calm? Or is he just as nervous as me and just hides it so much better than me?

"Hyuk-ah... I`m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable or something with me being... well me... I promised you that you would make the pace and I feel like I would be pushing you into situations in which you don´t feel good and I hate..."

"Hajima, Kyu-ah. I was and am really happy that we are back in contact and you know that. I also was and am happy that you proposed to spend New Year´s together because I actually wanted to spend this day with you. I loved the hug that we shared earlier on. And yes, maybe you touching me right now in front of my friends wasn´t the best thing to do because it IS driving me crazy. I don´t know what to do with my feelings anymore and I..."

"Mian Hyuk-ah... I really am sorry..." I didn´t like to hear him saying sorry so much to me. He should be the one confident about what he wants to do and how he wants to make me feel. Still he was also right... he promised me that I would be allowed to decide the pace we would take in our friendship... or was it in our relationship? It didn´t feel like we would just meet up as friends. And I knew it but I just had pushed this thought back. It had felt like I would have finally introduced my current boyfriend to my two best friends who are like my only family now. And Kyu wanted to make a good first impression. This realisation isn´t good. Why... but why does it make me feel so happy? I was back to reality when I felt Kyu´s hand on my cheek once more. "Hyuk-ah, you know that I still love you, right?" I just nodded. Where did he want to go with this? "And I am sure that you also know that I want to be with you again. Yes, I know that you want to make it hard on me and I know as well that you should because I hurt you way too much. Of course I also am aware of the fact that I don´t really deserve a second chance but I will give my everything this time. No matter what happens, I will fight for our relationship. This is what I want. More than anything. Being on my own for so long and finally meeting you again after more than three years, made me realize how much I need you in my life. Even though I hurt you this much which I repeat I should have never done, I still hope that it was maybe also a bit of a good thing because both of us could concentrate on our own life to find our way and to discover our true feelings..."

"What...what do you want to tell me with this?" Did I actually want to hear it? I was guessing what he wanted to tell me... or better said hoping on what he would say next.

"The more I am able to see you again, the more I can hear you talk, the more I can see you smile, the more I can touch you, the more I want us to give US as a couple another chance. I want you to say yes. We will still take it slow. I won´t kiss you or anything more if you don´t want me to. I will ask for permission for everything every single time until you will tell me to stop. It´s just that I love you so much and I want to prove myself to you as your boyfriend once more. Please give me this chance." What am I supposed to say now. I looked into his eyes and all I could see was sincerity and hope. He really wanted this and I know that he still loves me. Or more I hoped that I could interpret his feelings in the right way. Of course I was hoping that he would say this... But was I actually ready to let him into my life as my actual boyfriend again. Eomma, ottoke? Kyuhyun was caressing my cheek once more with his thumb, waiting for my response in silence. I guess he said everything he wanted to tell me and now he didn´t want to push me any further.

"Kyu-ah... I think you can really tell how much I still love you as well and... I DO want you back in my life as my boyfriend... I always wanted that but... I´m scared Kyu... I can´t stop feeling insecure about you being back in my life... Do you get what I mean?" He just nodded, looking down sad. Was he thinking that I would decline his wish? Did I want that. Aish, life is far too complicated... And love is even more complicated. "I..."

"Here we are again!", Heechul suddenly exclaimed which made me get startled. "Wait are you back together?! Did I come back at a bad time?!" Kyuhyun was still looking away sadly and pulled back his hand. I couldn´t see him like that... I really couldn´t... Even if I would give him a chance now, I could still always back out of it again, right? Eomma... *You have to fight for him* That´s what you told me, right? Yes, I had to fight for him. If I would let him go now, maybe he would find someone else after all and I would be at fault this time.

"That would be a yes to both of your questions", I said firmly and with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY another chapter... Life is still being too complicated and busy for me right now... So really sorry that it takes so long for me to update. Thanks to all my lovely subscribers and also a huge thank you to all my new subscribers even though you could tell that I unfortunately can´t update regularly!

As always please leave a comment and let me know what you think! And sorry for the small cliffhanger at the end ^.^ I hope you can enjoy this chapter! Love you guys~~~