New Year and a new start? Part 2

How am I supposed to live without you?

Okay, I had to be honest with myself. I was starting to be super freaking nervous and tense and it was only 11 pm by now. It would at least take another three hours until Kyuhyun could finally be here. My two new best friends were too busy working in the restaurant which was now filled to the last seat to distract me as well. They put on Gayo Daejun on the TV they had in the restaurant which wasn´t really helping to ease my nervousness as well because I saw Kyuhyun on there quite a lot. I knew that KRY was really popular and that the cameramen would try to get them on screen as much as possible but this was killing me. It seemed like he would be on every five minutes and he looked way too handsome. This really wasn´t helping. But what the hell was I supposed to do to actually distract myself? And what if something would actually go wrong tonight? What if one of his fans would just show up while we sit here together. But I mean they shouldn´t supsect anything then, right? We were just friends hanging out together. After all, Kyu was still allowed to have friends who aren´t idols although he is so busy, right? I just didn´t...

"Hyuk-ah, I know you never worked in a restaurant or anything but could you please do us a favor and walk around the tables and ask them if they still need anything to drink or eat? We can´t keep track of everything right now and we could...", Hangeng suddenly started saying while being next to me.

"Of course! Anything!", I interrupted him which made him smile.

"Oh you know what would be better? Go behind the bar and hand me all the drinks and let me know when the dinner is coming out of the kitchen, arraseo? Then I can just look out for the customers without worrying about everything else."

"Sure, I will be your barman from now on. Just come to me." I wasn´t sure if they actually really needed my help or if my two friends had just realized that I could use the distraction really well but I was so thankful to be able and help them out and especially to distract myself from everything else.

After an hour, I had to realize though that they really needed me as I was constantly filling drinks, handing out snacks and dinners to Hangeng and Heechul who were running around almost nonstop as well. And now there were also some guests sitting at the bar who ordered their drinks and snacks right away from me. I always made sure that they paid right away, as I otherwise wouldn´t have been able to keep track of everything at the bar. Now it was almost midnight and I suddenly heard the voice that I knew too well. I guess it was now KRY´s time to perform before they would do the countdown to the New Year. Oh yes, Kyu definitely still had the best voice in this world. I smiled to myself. KRY was actually performing something a bit more up-beat. I think this was the first time I heard them sing something else than ballads. But I actually really liked this and without realizing, I started to dance a bit behind the bar while washing the dishes.

"It´s really good to see you in such a good mood, Hyukjae-ah", Heechul said smiling at me which made me smile even wider and show one more dance move. My friend started laughing and showed me a thumbs up. "Hyukjae, Hangeng and I will be out for about 5 minutes, okay? No one will order anything right now as they all have their drinks and they will cheer and celebrate for a while. Just make sure nothing happens, okay?" Now it was my time to show a thumbs up.

"Sure Hyung, no worries." I took a look at the watch on the wall. It was one minute to midnight. Now I knew why those two wanted to leave for five minutes. The new year was supposed to be just like you start it, so they wanted to be together. Then I looked up at the TV screen once more. KRY was still being in the middle of the stage, close to the MCs, so I was still able to see Kyuhyun. It was time to countdown the last few seconds. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... The new year was almost here now. 2... I was just hoping that it would actually really be my life now. 1... And that everything really would turn to the better.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I heard everyone scream and I looked around myself. I saw many happy couples hugging and kissing each other shortly. There were also some families who were hugging each other happily as well. All of this made me smile once more. I looked at the screen one more time and saw Kyuhyun shortly again as the camera was showing all the idols on stage one by one. I was startled when someone suddenly hugged me from behind. I turned around and looked at my laughing friend Heechul and Hangeng right behind him.

"You want to kill me right away in the new year Hyung?" This made Heechul laugh even more.

"Happy New Year chingu. May it be successful and may many positive things happen to all of us."

"Happy New Year to you two as well." We hugged each other and then drank one shot of soju.

"We will talk and celebrate more later. Let´s get back to work and kick all of them out by 1:30 the latest", Hangeng said while winking at me.

"Arraseo." I was still really busy for more than the next hour without even checking my phone once. Gayo Daejun had ended about half an hour ago and now almost every guest was gone. I was already cleaning the last dishes and helped my two friends to clean the rest of the restaurant as well. It was almost 2 am when the three of us were finally able to sit down and relax a bit. The first thing I did, was to pull out my phone. I was really surprised to see that I had already received six messages since midnight. The first one had been from my boss, soon followed by my four Dongsaengs. I answered all of them shortly, wishing them a happy new year as well. When I opened the next message, I was really surprised because I didn´t expect to receive a text from Kyuhyun´s friend Sungmin. He also wished me a happy new year and he was hoping to be able to get to know me this year and actually talk to me. I smiled and texted him back, hoping for the same thing. It was good to know that Kyuhyun seemed to have found himself such a nice friend. Then I opened the last one which was from Kyuhyun.

*Hyuk-ah, first of all a really happy new year to you! May it be only filled with happy moments and may you become really successful with everything. I just got out of the TV station about five minutes ago. I could be at the restaurant in about 30 minutes. Would that be okay?* My heartbeat started to get faster and I became really nervous because when I checked when he send me this text, it meant that he could be here in 15 minutes. I had to text him right away.

*Happy New Year to you as well Kyu-ah. I hope you will stay on top. Of course it´s okay if you will come here right away. The restaurant is all empty and my friends and I are now relaxing a bit. See you soon~*

"The way you are smiling, I assume that your ex-boyfriend texted you?", Heechul stated smiling at me knowingly which made me blush. Probably I was being too obvious. So I looked away immediately again and just nodded shyly.

"When will he be able to be here?"

"In..." My phone vibrated again. "Just a sec..."

*Lucky me because it was easier to get to the restaurant than I thought and I will already be there in about 5 minutes. See you soon, Hyuk-ah.* Oh my gosh. 5 minutes?! Was he kidding me? He needed to give me more time to prepare myself again.

"Well?", Heechul asked a bit impatiently.

"5 minutes..." Now I was absolutely nervous and started to move my legs up and down which seemed to annoy Heechul. But I saw how Hangeng stopped him from saying anything towards me.

"Hyukjae, would you like a shot of soju to calm down your nerves a bit? You really don´t need to be this nervous. Everything will turn out great and isn´t it nice that he wants to start this new year with you? And trust me, we will behave and we won´t get you in any embarassing situation or whatever it is that you are worried about. It will be okay." I tried to smile at Hangeng. If only I could just stop being this scared of something going wrong. Why couldn´t I just think positive like Hangeng just said? He was right after all. Everything could really just be so good right now. And didn´t I think that this new year could actually mean a good year full with positive things? Yes, I had to think like this, right eomma? Please give me strength and positive thoughts now. When I snapped out of my thoughts, I saw that Heechul just came back to the table with three shot glasses and a bottle of soju. All of us drank it in one go. As soon as we had put down our glasses, my mobile started ringing. The display showed Kyuhyun.

"Ne?", I answered it.

"Hyuk-ah, I am here. Could you maybe open the door for me?"

"Sure, just a second..." I got up with shaking legs. "He is here. I will just let him in..." Both of them smiled at me and nodded encouragingly. I could feel how they were starring at me from behind when I walked towards the door and opened it slowly. There he was. He smiled at me so warmly which made me blush madly again. Yes, I had to be honest. I was happy that he was here right now. I even wanted him to be here right now.

"Happy new year, Hyuk-ah", he said and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back just as tightly. It felt too right to be wrong.

"Happy new year, Kyu. I´m really happy you are here", I said without further thinking about my worries. I wanted to go with the flow after all. So here we are.

"Me too." I let go of Kyuhyun a bit so I was able to look at him again.

"Yah, Hyukjae-ah, what the hell takes you so long?! Let him finally come inside! It´s cold outside", I heard Heechul shout. I giggled while Kyu just smiled warmly at me.

"I guess this was Heechul? The way you were telling me about him?" I just nodded. "Do they know who I am by now?" I just shook my head. "Oh this is going to be fun", he winked and smirked at me. I just chuckled once more and finally let go of him.

"Well then you go ahead. I´m sure you can´t wait to see their reaction... Oh and I already apologize if Heechul Hyung might be a bit... how should I put it? Direct?"

"It´s okay. Let´s go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go my lovely readers! I actually wanted to update on Valentine´s Day for you but then I was away the whole weekend on short notice... So here it is a bit later than anticipated ^.^ I hope you will like this chapter although not much happens T__T Mian! As always please leave a comment~ Love you guys!