Pain is never good V

Cope with all of it

 

 

 

The lyrics usually weren't hard to come up with but I sat here at my desk still trying to think of words for my new song for over a week now. For over two months, I had been staying in my room to write music or going out to skateboard or to eat with friends that was it. I asked my friends like Shannon, Ailee, and Eric for their opinion on my other eight songs but for this ninth and last song, I didn't want to bother them anymore. I groaned loudly and ruffled my hair. I might go bald by the end of the week. This one song had a very deep meaning to it that I alone could not express it meaning. I laid my head on the desk and began to think of who could help me with this. I quickly sat up straight as I thought of someone. I took out my phone and called that person.


 

“Hello?” That person answered. I cheered mentally and my hand into the air.


 

“Hey Jess, it's me Am. Are you busy today?”. I bit my lips nervously waiting for her to answer.


 

“I know it's you and no I'm not busy today why?”. A loud “YESH” escaped from my mouth but I kept my cool.


 

“Can you please help me with something?”.


 

“Depends...what do you need help with? Krystal?”. Her voice turned up a notch.


 

“Nah not that...So umm I’ve been writing some songs and I need someone to help me with the lyrics.”


 

“Ohh….yeah I can totally do that! How much are you gonna pay me?”. And her voice was back to normal. I stayed silent and sighed.


 

“I was just kidding. No need to sigh that deep.” She chuckled. “So where do we meet up and when?”.


 

“If it's possible, as soon as possible is good and ahhh….I don't know any good place though.” I slumped back into the chair.


 

“What about I go to your house? That way you can show me everything.” She said making my ears perked up.


 

“That's actually a great idea!! So I’ll meet you in an hour then?”. I was excited about it.

 

“Sure! Just text me your address and I'll drive there. See you soon Am!”.


 

After ending the call, I immediately sent her my address. I turned and looked around the room. My room was a complete mess with clothes and papers everywhere in the room. I got up and began tidying up the room including my closet. I threw all of my dirty clothes into the basket near my door from where they were. It was a good practice for basketball. I took a quick shower and changed into clean t-shirt and shorts. I sat on my bed drying my hair with my towel and just then I got a text from Jessica saying that she would be here in less than 5 minutes.  I hurried and sort my musics on the desk. Just when I was about to put my down on the bed, I got another text from Jessica that she arrived in front of my house right now. I headed to the garage and opened it. I went out through the garage and signaled her to come in and she did. I quickly went to open the door for her as soon as she turned off the engine.


 

“Heeeyy!! Thank you so much for coming!”. I greeted her as we walked into my house.


 

“Your song is better be worth it. I was going to sleep for the whole day today.” Jessica said, putting her shoes on the rack. Her eyes roamed around my house, fascinated.


 

“It’s not a really big house.” I said as I led the way to my room. “You could’ve told me that you wanted to rest though. I wouldn’t mind.” Jessica didn’t anything and just hit my head. Again. I rubbed the sore spot as I opened the door and let her went inside first.


 

“Did you clean your room today?”. Jessica asked, looking around my room fascinated with all the posters and pictures of me. I nodded and went to my desk while Jessica sat on my bed comfortably still looking around.


 

“So where is your song?” Jessica asked as I handed her a bottle of water. She thanked me and leaned back on the wall.


 

“Here is the lyrics and I can play the song even though it's a little bit messy.” I went and grabbed my guitar from its stand and sat back down. I moved the chair so that I was facing Jessica who was still reading through the lyrics. Jessica took her eyes off the paper when I began tuning my guitar. I felt her staring at me but that did not help calming down my nerves and heart. I heaved out the biggest sigh of the day and gulped before playing the introduction but then I suddenly remembered something.

 

“Ummm….Jess, I don't quite get the lyrics down yet so can you turn the paper so that I can read it?,” I told Jessica who looked confused at first ,nevertheless, she nodded her head. She moved forward to the edge of the bed and turned the paper. I pulled myself closer to her. I scanned through the paper once and began playing again. Jessica did not leave her eyes off of me. I knew because I felt it and I glanced and met her eyes a few times throughout the song. I finished up the song and looked up at her waiting for her to say something. We looked at each other until she blinked and a drop of tear fell out. I frantically stood up and put my guitar down on the chair.


 

“Omg I am sorry if I did anything to make you cry,” I said sitting down next to her but she just laughed and shook her head.


 

“You didn't do anything. It's just I probably didn't blink while you were playing,” Jessica said.


 

“That's good to hear. So what do you think about the song?”.


 

“It's pretty good but the lyrics can be a bit better,” she smiled.


 

“That's exactly why I asked you help meee sooo which part should I change?” I excitingly searched my desk for some pen and paper. I got a blue pen and a new book. I sat back down next to Jessica and waited for her to say something.


 

“Okay so in the first verse here, you could change this one to something else,” Jessica pointed out as I noted it down. For this one song, we spent around nearly two hours just monitoring the song. I played and sang with the new lyrics and Jessica would join in some parts. After being done with the song, she told me that she could help me with other songs too. I was really happy to hear that from her but not that I didn’t like my friends’ advice. The more people to check the better the songs would be.

 

It was getting pretty late when we got to the fourth song so we decided that Jessica would come again tomorrow in the morning. I went to bed early that night thinking about how good the songs would become at the end after everything.


 

“YAAHHHH!!” shouted the person who had been repeatedly hitting me nearly everywhere. I groaned and tried to pull the cover back over me but no, I could not because that person roughly pulled the cover and shouted again but this time it was right next to my ear. I jolted up and hastily covered my ears. I was about to yell back at the person but I didn't because right in the middle of my room stood a very angry-looking Jessica with her arms crossed looking at me. My eyes widened in realization. I grinned goofily as I slowly sat up on my bed. I counted one to three in my head and immediately after three, I sprinted toward my bathroom and made it there safely. I hurried brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. I peeked out the door and surprisingly Jessica was no longer in my room. Weird. I stepped out the door and took a deep breath in relief but then I felt someone tapped my lightly. I turned around and saw Jessica standing with a brown bag in her hand looking at me with a smile.


 

“It's our breakfast,” Jessica said.


 

“Ahh, You didn't have to but thank you,” I thanked her with a smile, taking the bag from her and put it on my desk.


 

“So, did you have a nice sleep?” she asked teasingly as she made herself comfortable on my bed.


 

“Yes, I did until someone decided to scream and woke me up,” I replied, setting my other desk in front of her.


 

“It's not my fault you didn't set up your alarm and forgot that someone would be coming today,” Jessica fought back with her arms crossed.


 

“Well, we didn't really talk about a specific time so I didn’t set my alarm,” I pouted as a response. The war had begun as she shot me a hard glare and I just reply with the same fierce glare.


 

“Hey Jess, is stupid awake ye--?” Jackie suddenly bursted into my room but we were too immersed glaring at each other.

“Am I interrupting anything important?”


 

“No, you’re not Jackie,” I replied as fast as I could. My eyes were burning so bad that they could pop out any second. Jackie made her way to us and stood there staring. I did not turn and look at her but I knew she was smirking as she walked out my room. A moment later, I heard the door opened again and munching sound. It must be Jackie again. She came closer to us and Jessica immediately scrunched her face the same time a yellow object came toward my face. I had to back away and fell off the chair. It was a freaking mango peel. Jackie laughed out loudly.


 

“What was that for Jackie?!” I got up and looked at her. Jessica pinched her nose so that she would not smell the cucumber in Jackie’s hand.


 

“Now that you two are back to normal people, have fun working on your songs,” she waved at us before closing the door. We both started chuckling after a pause of silence. I sat back down and took out the boxes of food.


 

“Did you make these yourself?” I exclaimed, feeling overwhelmed.


 

“Yeah,” she nodded, “Go on and eat.” She opened all of the boxes and the smell hit me right in the face. This kind of smell would make you salivate as long as the food was still there in front of you. There were bulgogi, japchae, kimbap, short ribs and some rice and kimchi on the side. I knew from Krystal and heard from others that she knew how to cook and was waaay better than before but this exceeded my expectations. I thanked her for the food and dug into the bulgogi first, then the japchae, shorts ribs and lastly the kimbap. I ate like tomorrow was never going to come. For the first two minutes, most of the food was nearly gone but Jessica had not eaten anything yet. She was looking at me totally amused and content apparently.


 

“Why aren’t you eating?” I asked after swallowing a mouthful of food.


 

“I am!” She protested looking away and ate a bit of her rice. I let out a smile and put some beef on her rice. She murmured a thank you. I my speaker and played music as it was getting too quiet but awkward though. I put more food for her and she just ate them without meeting my eyes. After a while, we finally finished all the food. I sighed loudly and pat my stomach.


 

“Ahhh~ thank you so much for the food!” I smiled at her while covering the boxes.


 

“You’re welcome,” she replied, standing up and took the bag from me. She put it near the door and sat back on my bed. I wiped the desk clean and gathered all my music things from my table.


 

“So should we start where we left off yesterday?” I looked at Jessica who was looking through my book.


 

“Sure, which one was it?” she looked at me.


 

“I think it’s the fourth one.” I gestured her to go backward. I grabbed my guitar and tuned it.


 

“The lyrics looks good. This one seems less sad than the other three.”


 

“Yeah, I think the one is about friends instead of love.” I cleared my throat and began playing my guitar. The tempo of this song was faster and it was fun to play. I remembered when I first wrote this song. Nothing came into my mind except for the F(x) members and all my other friends playing around. Those were fun memories so it was a shame if I did not write about it. I made a few mistakes here and there because at some part, I couldn’t read my own hand writings. Jessica clapped for me when the song ended. I stood up and bowed jokingly.


 

“Not bad but….” And that went on for hours. We joked around and talked about things too. The last song was the hardest one because it was too personal but we got through it. Jessica laid down on my bed after we finished everything and I couldn’t be more thankful.


 

“Are you tired?” I asked, putting the desk away. I heard a hmm sound. I took that as a yes. I sat down and began playing some slow songs. Jessica’s breath decreased its pace and became steady. She must be very tired. I put my guitar away and took out my phone and my headphone. Using the Garageband, I made the beats of my songs. I looked at the time and saw that it was already 4 o’clock. Time went by really fast today. I was really focus for a long time that I didn’t see or hear anything beside my phone and music. I fixed my headphones when I heard some noise outside. It must be Jackie singing again. I looked up as it was getting warm in front of my face. My throat went dry… I took off my headphone and grinned at the Jessica whose face was right in front of mine at the moment.


 

“Hi, had a good nap?” I asked Jessica who was standing with her hands on her hips looking at me sternly.


 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” Jessica demanded without answering my question.


 

“You were sleeping soundly so why would I wake you up? I would basically be asking for death if I did,” I answered defending myself. Jessica dropped her hands and sighed.


 

“Yeah...it’s not like I have anything important to do tonight. I’m gonna go to the bathroom and wash my face.” With that, she went into the bathroom. I heard the sound of the water being turn on. That was pretty strange for her not to yell and hit me. I put my stuffs on the table and slumped onto my bed. I stretched my body and yawned loudly. I moved to the edge of my bed and closed my eyes pretending to be asleep when I heard the door opened. ‘Oh crap’ I thought. My left arm was extended over my pillow on the side of my bed but I had to pretend that I was sleeping. I heard her footsteps coming near my bed.


 

“Hey, take your arm away unless you want me to lay on it,” Jessica said but I did not answer or bug. “She’s probably asleep forreal hmm.” I heard her whispered to herself. Then I felt the bed rocked meaning that she just sat down the bed. She hummed one of my songs as she was probably going through my book. She put it back on the table and laid down on my arm. She shifted around for a bit and laid still. My heart was beating rapidly but it only got worse when Jessica decided to turn around and faced me. I could feel her breath lightly on my face.She was staring at me, scanning, searching throughout. I couldn’t stop myself to gulp as I was getting anxious and my face was warming up.


 

“I know you’re awake Am,” Jessica softly whispered. I breathed out and opened my eyes. We looked into each other’s eyes and chuckled. I was embarrassed that I got caught but obviously Jessica was proud and happy.


 

“How do you know?” I pouted,”I thought I was doing a good job ugh!”.


 

“I wouldn’t know if you didn’t gulp or open your eyes. I usually say that to Soojung whenever she fakes it,” Jessica giggled. We remained silent and just looked at one another. I questioned myself about why was I feeling this way and why was she still looking at me. Didn’t she used to hate me before. ‘I hope she no longer hates me now’. I my lips unconsciously. Jessica gulped as she glanced down to my lips and back up to my eyes again.


 

“Is your arm getting tired?” She asked.


 

“A little bit but it’s worth it,” I answered back smiling a little. She turned away trying to hide her smile. She lifted up her body intended for me to retreat back my arm but I just grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back down. I did not know why I did that because our distance got closer now but not completely.


 

“Why did you do that?” Jessica glared and hit my chest. I put my right hand onto where she hit me and feigned pain.


 

“Aw..you poke my heart,” I said with sadness evident in my voice but that just made Jessica hit me  more. I laughed and grabbed her hand. She extracted her hand from my grip and furrowed her brows at me..


 

“You look like a grumpy cat when you do that,” I blurted out. She unfurrowed her brows and flicked my forehead. I winced in pain and pouted.


 

“You look like a llama that is ready to spit at someone,” Jessica giggled but I just feigned laughter and started to tickle her. She yelped and laughed loudly. It was so much fun seeing and hearing her laugh out loud like this. I stopped tickling her and let her calm down.


 

“I will kill you if you do that again,” She threatened me. I sticked out my tongue not taking her seriously. She just shook her head and snuggled closer to me. My eyes widened and my heart increased its pace. I turned my body making it more comfortable for the both of us but our posture seemed like I was holding her in my arms, yet, it was true. We were facing each other and my left arm was under her while the other one was resting on her waist.


 

“When are you going back to Korea?” She questioned me.


 

“In two or three days I think. I want to surprise Luna,” I responded scratching my head. “Do you perhaps wanna go with me?”. Jessica thought about it for a bit.

“I think I can but we have to book our flight today,” She answered. But no one seemed to want to move. It was getting comfortable just now. Without thinking, I tucked her hair behind her ear. She glanced down and up again from my lips to my eyes. I smirked mentally. Gathering all my courage and hope, I leaned toward her. Jessica closed her eyes and slightly leaned forward. This was usually the part where there would be any interruptions but not today. I closed my eyes as our lips met. I could feel electric sparks all over my body from head to toes. It was the best feeling I ever had in a long time. Our lips began moving in sync and my hand made its way up to her cheek while her left arm rested on the side of my neck playing with my hair. Her lips were much softer and smaller. We slowly broke apart and looked into each other eyes. ‘That was magical.’


 

“What was that..?” I asked.


 

“I….don’t know,” Jessica blushed and turned her face away for the second time.


 

“Me too but all I know is that…” I paused. I turned her head and stared deeply into her eyes.


 

“I like you Jess...you made me feel alive than anyone whenever I’m near you,” I confessed my true feelings, “I understand if you don’t feel the same way.” I faintly smiled. She smiled and gave me a peck on the lips unexpectedly.


 

“I like you too stupid,” She said making my heart and brain jump in absolute joy. I broke into a huge smile and hugged her tight. I broke off the hug still could not believe what I heard.


 

“So should we book our flights now?” She asked.


 

“Can’t it wait for a bit?” I pouted.


 

“Nope,” She replied pinching my cheek. I sighed and let out an ‘okay’. I got up not forgetting to help her. She took my laptop from my table and handed it to me. We checked the flight schedule and decided that we should fly there the day after tomorrow at night so we would arrive at Korea in the morning and we could rest. After our tickets are booked, I sent a quick text to Jackie and my parents about it. They all replied that they were okay with that. I hadn’t decided when I would come back here in LA but not that long I assumed. I set my laptop aside and hugged Jessica from behind.

 

“When and how are we going to tell them?” I asked with worries and doubt.


 

“Not too soon I would say but I don’t care,” Jessica said turning her head and looked at me. I smiled as I leaned for a peck that lasted longer that I intended. All of sudden, her stomach growled loudly.


 

“Sounds like someone’s hungry,” I , “Let’s get something to eat, shall we?”


 

“I’d like that,” Jessica smiled. I groaned as I got up and stretched myself and she did the same except for the groaning.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

What's up everyoneee? Yesss, I updated because someone got it right. I was soo excited to share this chapter with you guys :)) Your comments also motivate me to continue writing so I thank you all. I've been trying to improve my writing so please stick with me until I decide to give up. 

I hope you enjoy this oneee and I will see you all later my lovely friends. Have a goodnight or day! 

The correct answer is MAMAMOOOOOOOO XD So shoutout to kimster26 for getting it right. 

And again, please excue any mistakes that I make and thank you very much for reading et merci beaucoup!