Pain is never good III

Cope with all of it

“Amber! This is the last time I’m gonna try to wake you up and if you still don’t wake up, I will never buy you milktea again.” I heard someone said and that person shook my body not softly but not violently either. “Ambeeerr!! One…..Twoo….Thr---”. With all my energy left, I opened my eyes. That person squealed and jumped up and down with other people as well assumingly her friends.


 

“Yoo Amber, how are you feeling?” Another girl asked me.


 

“Who are you?” I said as I turned to look at her. Everyone froze at their spot and I heard some gasps. The girl in front of me started to tear and at that point I couldn’t help it but to laugh out loud. I could tell that everyone was able to breathe normally again. How could I forget my stupid sister, Shannon and everyone else who was like my real family. They all gathered around my bed and just said a lot of things at once. Just then, I heard the sound of the door opening which made everyone shut up and turned their heads to the door. It was the doctor and nurses. All of my friends except Jackie were asked to wait outside the room while they checked up on me.


 

I stood behind Jackie who was signing papers on the counter. The doctor decided that I could leave the hospital today since there weren’t any serious damages or internal injuries that needed to be take care of. There were only a few scratches on my face and a big purple bump on the left side of my forehead. After Jackie was done with the documents, she drove us home. We remained silent throughout the way back. I thanked Jackie as we arrived at my beloved home sweet home and I immediately went to my room. I plopped myself on my bed and took a deep breath. I looked at the ceiling and lifted my right hand. It seemed like they took care of it too because the dressing was quite new and it wrapped skillfully I could tell. I turned to my side and slept the day away. I didn’t know long I had been sleeping but all I knew that I had the most pleasant dream before I opened my eyes. It was a dream about llama skating at the beach nah I was kidding. I dreamt about f(x) performing together as 5 again. We were all smiling, laughing, and joking around like we always did. I sat up and looked at the clock on my nightstand. It was three in the morning so in Korea it would 5 in the evening. It was the perfect to talk with Luna. I sent her a text saying hello and not long after that I got a response from her.


 

When I was about to reply back, she videocalled me. I clicked answer and grinned as the call connected and right away I saw her face.


 

“Amber!! Where have you been? I’ve been so worried about you and I miss you soo much.” Luna whined.


 

“Really? I miss you too shortie.” I chuckled as I saw her furrowed her brows and pouted. “I was in the hospital earlier today. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you before coming here.”


 

“Why were you in the hospital? Did you break your ankle again wait why do you have a bump on your forehead? Did you fall down the stairs?”


 

“Ahaha nope, I was in an accident but not really because I stopped right before the actual accident happened so I was lucky.” I sticked my tongue out at her.


 

“You just got lucky so better watch out. Were you on your phone?.


 

“I was talking with Shan but then the phone fell off my seat so I bended down to take it. What are you up to lately?”. I was curious about it.


 

“Next time don’t do it again okay? I will kill you with my bare the next you get hospitalized.” She showed me her fist. “And about that, I am preparing for solo comeback next three months and I’m so nervous right now.” So I did miss some important things while I was away then.


 

“Why are you nervous hmm? You will be fine! It’s three months away too.”


 

“Easy for you to say that hmpf but Amber when are you coming back? We all miss you here especially your princess.” She chuckled but then realized what she just said. Her face turned a bit grim and she looked like she had something to say to me.


 

“Hmm I don’t know about that yet. I want to stay a little bit longer and yaa why is your face like that?”


 

“Just take your time there with your family but Amber do you know that Krystal is dating someone right now?”


 

“Ahh really? Who’s the lucky guy who finally captured my princess’ heart?”. Pretending that it was something new was really hard but I tried anyway.


 

“It’s Kai. Krystal told me that you help them get together though.” Luna’s face started to turn contort with sadness. “Amber...did you really not know about this?”. Her face showed that she already knew everything. I just looked away from my phone and stayed silent.


 

“No….I do know about it…” I fainted a smile and looked at Luna. “But it’s okay if she’s happy with him.”


 

Tears were clearly visible in her eyes and as she blinked, those tears flowed down her face but she quickly wiped them away and replaced with a smile.


 

“You don’t have to worry about it. She is happy.”


 

“Then I’m fine with it.” I grinned.


 

“Good, be a good llama and come back soon okay? I have to go practice right now so I’ll talk you later. Take care Amber!”. Before I could even reply, the call ended. After all she was busy. I plugged the charger in my phone on the nightstand. I dropped back onto my bed and slept again.


 

“Wake up you lazy bum!” I heard the person who was hitting my spoke. I groaned groggily and pushed myself up. It was Jackie and she had her arm crossed staring at me amusingly.


 

“Hmm why so early?’ I said rubbing my right eye and stretched my whole body.


 

“It’s like twenty past one already.” She chuckled. “I’m just here to delay a message from Shannon. She told me to wake you up immediately and tell you to check your phone. Since I’m done here, I am off to work so smell ya later sis.” She waved and closed the door behind her after she exited my room. I unplugged my phone and saw that there were a lot of missed calls and texts all from Shannon when the phone screen lt up. She said that there was a person who wanted to see me and would be at the park near my house right now in about 45 minutes but the text was sent 29 minutes ago. Again, she did not include the identify the person which was the most important piece of information but she did give me the number of the person though. I hurried off to the bathroom and prepared myself. I changed into a black short and my white sweater. I slid my phone in my pocket and wore my black and teal colored LA cap.

 

Soon I was at the park with help of my skateboard. I scanned around the park and there were quite a few people here. But there was one girl who stood out to me the most. She was sitting on the bench facing the fountain and was wearing a long light pink jacket with a white shirt underneath and blue jean but she was wearing sandals instead of heels. She looked a bit like Jessica but I might be wrong though since I was a kinda far from her. I took out my phone and called the number Shannon gave me. I watched the girl attentively as the call went through. I saw the girl dug into her purse and took out her phone. That must the girl who wanted to see me.


 

“Hello?” The girl said. It was indeed Jessica. Without any further ado, I ended the call without answering her and quietly sneaked behind to her. She put her phone back into her purse and heaved out a big sigh.


 

“Sorry for keeping you waiting.” I leaned in and whispered intentionally creepily. She shrieked loudly and began hitting me with her purse but good thing I blocked my head in time.


 

“It’s only me Amber.” I exclaimed. She immediately put her purse down and glared at me.


 

“What did you do that for?!” She burst out and sat down. I hopped over and sat besides her but still kept some spaces between us.


 

“I just want to play with you. Shannon told me you wanted to talk with me. Is that true?” I raised my brows and looked at her.


 

“Yeah, I forgot why I was here because of you.” Jessica closed her eyes and began to think. She looks cute. “Stop staring.” I quickly turned away from her.


 

“Ah, I come here to check up on you. How have you been Amber? And don’t you dare lie to me.” She looked at me. I looked back at her for a few seconds but dropped the gaze to the ground.


 

“I’m better than before. Thank you for asking.”


 

“I’m just gonna get to the point here….I heard that my sister and Kai got together so I just wanna come and see how are you holding up with it.” Her voice sounded sincere. It hurts to hear that again.


 

“Not that good to be honest but I’m trying to let go of it.” I said truthfully. “Why are you here i mean like aren’t you busy with stuffs?”


 

“I’m on a break right now.” She smiled. “A girl gotta have her break from time to time you know.”


 

“I didn’t know that an ice princess can joke.” I laughed. Jessica was not amused and instead my arm got slapped. “Ow. No need to be that violent. How long is your break anyway?”


 

“How long? Hmm whenever I feel like it, I will go back to work.”


 

“So you’re gonna be here for a while then?”


 

“Yeah, seems like it.” She took a brown bag from her other side and handed it to me. I looked at her surprised but happily took the bag from her. “I know you haven’t had your breakfast yet so I bought you some food on my way here.” I opened the bag and saw a burrito along with a milktea. She must’ve asked Shannon I bet. I thanked her before gulping down the food like a starving person. I could feel Jessica staring at me in amazement but I didn’t care because I had my burrito. I belched after I was done eating and pat my stomach. When I was about to sip my milktea, knowing that Jessica was staring me I offered it to her first but she declined.


 

“Let’s catch up shall we?” I put the wrappers in the bag and I stood up. “Let’s walk while doing so.” She nodded and followed me. I ran to throw the bag away and hurried back to Jessica. 


 

“So Amber, when did you start loving my sister?” She was being really straightforward that I nearly choke on the pearls. Since I knew better than to lie to her, I must speak only the truth.


 

“Since she became my personal korean teacher.” I smiled as I recalled some of the memories. “What about you?”. She raised her brows at me not understanding my question.


 

“What I meant is since when did you love the black pearl?” I wiggled my brows and my milktea. She giggled at my failed joke. 


 

“Hmm...it was a month after our debut I think. She was always there to support me physically, mentally and spiritually.” She heaved out a sigh for the second time. “It was a really hard time and I’m glad she was there for me."


 

“I’m still curious about something. Why did you confirm your relationship with that Kwon guy?”


 

“It was the only way to make Yuri move on...also he did confess to me but I didn’t feel anything for him. I accepted him thinking that I would eventually return his feelings but I was wrong. We decided that we will better off as friends so we broke up like half a year ago.” She looked sad. “Anyway, when are you planning to go back? You’ve been here for a while already.”


 

“I have no business to do there but I’m thinking about surprising Luna on her comeback.”


 

We walked around the park as we talked about a lot of random things that came into our minds. For example like our favorite things to do in America or our dream vacation. She wanted to go Hawaii again. Jessica was a really interesting person and fun to be with to and not at all too serious. We went to the skating park and there I teached her how to skate and do some basic tricks. She kept losing her balance and I had to stay close to her at all time. I would be behind or next to her to show her the right thing. It was entertaining watching her but she would always glare or hit me if I laughed at her. It was really adorable when she cheered and jumped after she finally got it down. She rode my skateboard a nearby bench about 50 feet and back to me again. My heart leaped out of my chest when she all of sudden ran off the board while it was still moving and hugged me. I lightly pat her back and grinned proudly. She is a very fast learner. I picked up my skateboard and walked to the bench. Jessica followed suit next to me.


 

“You’re good at this.” I said.


 

“I know.” She filpped her hair and laughed. The sun was setting down that made me wondered what time was it right now. I took out my phone and it showed that it was around six already. The sun would set soon then.


 

“Where do you live here?” I put my phone back into my pocket.


 

“I bought a condo with Krystal so I stay there when I come here.”


 

“Ahh weell let’s go to my house so I bring you back. It’s getting kinda late.” I pointed at the sun.


 

“Nah it’s okay. I will take the cab or Uber.” She took out her phone and was about to check for Uber when I snatched it from her hand. Before she could yell at me, I picked my skateboard and ran away. She ran after me for a bit but stopped to catch her breath for a few times. I felt bad so I slowed down and turned back to look at her. She was still catching her breath so I decided to walk to her.


 

“Are you okay Jess?” I asked with my hand on her back.


 

“Do I look like I’m okay stupid?” She looked up and glared at me. “Now give me back my phone this instant!” She demanded and stood up with her hand out.


 

“I will when we are at my house. So, let’s go.”


 

We were silent throughout our way back to my house but it was not awkward. Well a bit but not as much as before, it was pretty comfortable walking with her. I glanced at her a few times and she looked like she was enjoying the silence. She would frown if a car passed by us and I would just giggled to myself and she would ask what was I giggling about. I would answer “you” which earned me a slap on back of my head.


 

“Do you wanna come inside for a bit?” I asked. She looked at my house and shook her head.


 

“No, it’s okay maybe another time.” She smiled.


 

“Ahh okay...wait here. I’m gonna grab my car key. It will only take a bit.” I rushed into house and grabbed the key on the counter and also a bottle of water from the fridge. I hurriedly the engine and opened the garage making Jessica jumped from the sudden loud sound.  Jessica got into the passenger seat and I handed her the water bottle.


 

“Thank you.” She said as she drank the water. She must have been really thirst. Probably hungry too. She typed in her address on the car GPS and we left the house.


 

“Do you wanna grab something to eat? My treat.” I suggested. “We can buy korean food. I know a place that serves delicious and authentic korean food.”


 

“Are you like advertising for them? But yeah that sounds good. We could order it for takeout and eat it at my place and you know watch some movies.”


 

“That sounds good to me but let me text my mum first.” I took out my phone and was about to unlock it when Jessica grabbed it from my hand. I looked at her surprised.


 

“You’re driving right now. Let me do it for you so just tell me your passcode.”


 

“I don’t have any passcode though.” That made her stared at me in disbelief. “Anyway, can you tell my sister that I won’t be home for dinner?”. She didn’t say anything but nodded and silently texted my sister. She put my phone in the space between us. We didn’t talk much until we got to the restaurant. I grabbed my phone and got out of the car and hurriedly made my way to open the door for Jessica.


 

“We are here, milady.” I reached out my hand and bowed pretending to be a butler. I heard her chuckled and took my hand as she stepped out of the car. She let go of my hand and flicked the top of my hand. I straightened my body and groaned in pain pouted at her.


 

“That doesn’t work with me. Let’s go in and order food. I’m starving.” She walked ahead of me into the restaurant. I sprinted inside and stood by her side.


 

“So what do you wanna eat?” I nudged her. Her eyes squinted as she read off the big menu on the wall. Without answering, she went to the counter.


 

“Hello ma’am, I’d like to order two servings Army stew with two bowls of rice, two kimbap, one jjajangmyeon and three bottles of soju.” She smiled at the old lady and turned to look at me. “Do you want anything else?”


 

“And two servings of tteokbukki as well and it is for take out.” I stepped in and handed the old lady my card. I put my card into my wallet and went to Jessica who was sitting and was staring out of the window. I sat in front of her and looked at her. She looked like she was thinking hard something. I unknowingly let out a smile as I took out my phone and secretly took a picture of her. Unfortunately, my phone was not in silent mode so the sound it made was loud and clear in the nearly empty restaurant. I gulped as Jessica gave me a very deadly glare. I quickly hid my phone under my thigh and looked away.






-----------

 

Ayo GG! XD Sorry I'm too excited. The Queen's comeback is sooooo gooood like I cant even ugh. I'm sad that they had to cut their promotion short but their health comes first!! Also, I will have to return the laptop I am currently using to update back to school since I'm only borrowing it for the summer. I will get it back once school starts ^^ but don't worry, I'll try to keep updating as often as I can (I could always steal my siblings' laptop). As always, I hope you enjoyed this update and THANK YOU FOR READING \(^^)/ 

 

 

Please excuse any mistakes...