Chapter 8 (Part 2)

486

CHAPTER 8 (Part 2):

 

 

Chanhee hauled Baekhyun to her room. The little girl was so agitated to play with her oppa.

“This is my room oppa.” She fussed with a grand smile.

“Park Chanhee…” The genius read the nameplate on the door.  “I see, and that’s your brother’s, right?” He tipped to the room next door where Chanyeol’s name was printed on.

She nodded and heaved the doorknob. “Let’s go oppa! Let’s play.”

                                                                                                  

Having a sibling was always a wish for Baekhyun. Though being an only-child had many benefits. He was always the center of attention of his parents and he could get any lavishness he wanted. But most of the time, his parents were too busy with their family business that Baekhyun was always left with the maids when he was still a kid. Perhaps, he yearned for a sister or a brother that he could get along with. Nonetheless, he was happy that he had his bestfriend–Yixing.

 

It was eerie to come and play with a little girl. Chanhee’s toys were dolls and pink teddy bears that Baekhyun never imagined himself at least holding those girly stuffs. So most of the time, he was just watching at the kid that was so hooked on playing. Albeit, she never overlooked that her oppa came to play with her. She often asked him to hold this and that toys for her. And Baekhyun didn’t mind, he can’t really help the kid’s odd cuteness.

“Wow, this is cute!” Baekhyun uttered as he eyed at the big blue teddy bear the little girl passed to him. It had a ribbon on its right ear and a tiara on its head.

He noticed that there was another teddy bear on Chanhee’s bed, it was identical with the one he was holding but the other had a king’s crown and no ribbon. “

Chanhee trailed the genius eyes. “That’s her prince.” She grinned. “Channie oppa gave me that as a birthday present.”

Baekhyun sneered. “Are you two so close?”

“Yes. I love my oppa!”

“And sure, he loves you too so much.”

“Yes. And he loves you too oppa."

Baekhyun gaped at the kid. His eyes grew wider and lips were ajar. This girl sure was cheeky to blabber such things, he thought. But he just can’t deny that it made his cheeks flushed a deep red. “Aigoo Chanhee, stop that pun.” He forced his lips to curve upward as he slightly pinched the kid’s cheeks.

“It’s true oppa, I’m not lying.” She puckered her lips.

Then, Chanyeol entered the room with his imposing grin. “Hey there. What’re you two talking about?”

“I told Baekhyun oppa that you lo–“ The little girl never finished his sentence as Baekhyun capped his hand to preventing any unnecessary word to come out.

“Uh. It’s a secret.” He muttered. His eyes were on the giant but his hand was still silencing Chanhee. The taller guy frowned but soon sneered.

“Okay-okay. I get it. Anyway, my princess you should prep for your piano class now. Clean up your toys and take a shower, okay? Your school bus will arrive soon.” Chanyeol’s tone was so gentle. The genius smiled at them.

The little girl merrily complied with his brother. She put her toys back to their places and sauntered to the shower room.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun exited her room and paced to the living room. The genius went there for their review and both of them were aware that they should start now. The shorter guy got his backpack from the end of the couch and put his needed stuffs out as Chanyeol did the same.

The two were already accustomed with the course of their pair-study. They were doing this for almost a week. They wordlessly began. They read their assigned files and books and constructed sets of questions for each others.

Few minutes had passed. Chanhee recurred from his room. She was wearing her school uniform and her disney backpack albeit it was just her piano class to attend to and not a regular one. Her hair was wet and still uncombed. She sprinted to her oppars with a huge smile on her face.

“Oppars!”

“Chanhee, comb your hair first. And get your lunch box from mom. She’s in the kitchen.” Chanyeol mumbled. The little girl nodded and marched towards the kitchen. But their mom went out from the cook room and hailed her.

“I just finished cooking. Here’s your lunch box sweetie.” Mrs. Park said as she put the box inside her bag. Chanhee was combing her hair.

Baekhyun stood up from the couch and bowed at the middle-aged woman. “Um. Good morning Mrs. Park. I’m Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s classmate. Pleasure to meet you.”

Chanyeol’s mother chuckled. “Uh. So you are Baekhyun. I see. Nice to meet you too cutiepie. Don’t be too formal okay… You sure’re handsome and you look smart uh.” She gave her son a weird smile. The genius was dumbfounded and nodded. “Let’s go sweetie, the bus will be there soon.”

Chanhee looked at the two guys at the couch. “Is Baekhyun oppa still here when I come back from school?” She pursed her lips.

“Yes cutie. I’ll wait for you.” Baekhyun muttered at the ogling kid.

By that, Mrs. Park sneered at them. “Just eat when you’re hungry boys.” And she snatched her daughter out the house.

 

The two were left alone at the house. Baekhyun can smell the building gawkiness again. At least for him. He wished for the time to run fast, that Chanhee and Mrs. Park would be back soon. It would be better, he thought. They both focused on reading and answering the questionnaires when the genius butted in the hushed milieu.

“What kind of question is this?” He murmured as he frowned at the questionnaire he exchanged with his partner.

Chanyeol chuckled. Baekhyun’s fiery eyes met with his. “What?”

“What is the difference between a mountain and a volcano? – The heck Park Chanyeol. Am I a grade school student or what?”

“Just answer it, Bacon.” The giant was trying hard to restrain his laughter.

“Cut it out.”

“I thought you’re a genius but you can’t answer simple question?” Chanyeol slurred. “The answer is… volcano is more lavable than a mountain.” Chanyeol burst out laughing at his own sappy joke.

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side as he tried to absorb what his partner had just said. And then he found himself joining the giant’s laughter. He still didn’t know what was funny there but laughing with the guy in front of him felt good. And that what’s matter.

 

Chanyeol succeeded on incising the awkward atmosphere around. He was sure that his partner was uneasy so he planned on lifting his mood. He prized the moment that he and Baekhyun were laughing together.

Before long, the giant starved and invited his partner to eat. They ate their lunch together at the dining room. Baekhyun swore that Mrs. Park’s cooking skills were incredible. Chanyeol and Chanhee were so fluky to eat delicious food like that everyday, he thought.

 

 

“Baekhyun oppa!” Chanhee whined. It was nearly dusk when she arrived home from her piano class together with their mom. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had gone through with their two sets of review and the latter was ready to go, but he promised the little girl that he’d wait for her. She tossed her shoes off and sprinted towards Baekhyun. “Oppa let’s play again!” The genius nodded and grinned at her.

“Aw. My little sister forgot me, and she already found a new oppa.” Chanyeol murmured sulking. Baekhyun and Mrs. Park tittered at the siblings.

“Off course not.” She ogled at his brother and pursed her lips. “You two are both my oppars.” The little girl walked towards him and cuddled him. Baekhyun smiled at the sight as Mrs. Park paced to the kitchen.

“I was just kidding my princess. I knew that.” He pecked her cheeks. “But Bacon oppa is going home now. He just waited for you to say goodbye.”

The little girl gazed at the genius. “One more hour. Please oppa.”

Baekhyun off course couldn’t say no and just nodded. Chanhee hoorayed and dragged him upstairs once again. She told him to stay first outside the room and she’ll just change her clothes. He snickered at the little kid who was acting like an adult girl.

The genius was waiting outside as he was told to and stared blankly at the room next door. He stayed like that for quite awhile until his feet was dragging him in the direction of the door. His curiosity that was always ready to eat him up wholly was assailing him now. He knew Chanyeol’s room was forbidden, but that was just made him snoopier. He gradually tugged the doorknob and peeked inside Chanyeol’s room.

The room was well-arranged and the interior was pretty cool. It was sure so cozy to rest on, Baekhyun thought. He didn’t expect this room to be Chanyeol’s. He sauntered towards the bed. It was covered by blue sheets and blankets. The pillows were arranged neatly at the side. He stared at the bedside table where there were a lamp, an alarm clock, some items for display and a picture frame. He picked the wooden thing up. It was a photo of Chanyeol and Baekhyun taken on their second year in senior high. He was certain that it was during the quiz bee where they tied at first place. They were holding their certificates and medals. Their coach insisted to take a photo of them together but the shorter guy was refusing, by that the photo went like Baekhyun was frowning and the giant was looking at him grinning. Chanyeol’s right arm was on the genius’ shoulder. He wondered why it was in that room.

He looked around and gazed at the wall at the other side of the bed. There was a bulletin-liked nailed on it and it was full of yellow sticky notes. Some notes had drawings of hearts, butterflies, books, panda, ice cream and such on it. Some had something written on it and he read it one-by-one:

110815

Bacon and I tied on the science quiz bee! And Mr. Jeon took a picture of us! I’ll display it on my room. It’s our first picture together! :D

 

111127

Today is my birthday and he greeted me! That was the best gift I’ve received for this year, though that greetings was more general. /sigh/ Still, he greeted me. :))

 

120506     

It’s Baekhyun’s birthday. I’ve sent him a gift, but off course I didn’t write my name as the sender. It was a panda stuffed toy holding a book. I knew pandas are his favorite animals. :)))

 

121203

First snow for this winter, I saw Bacon and his bestfriend playing with the snow at the park. I wanted to join them but we’re not close yet. :(

 

131019

I started to give him yellow sticky notes with a 486 message. :D

 

131114

Today, I saw Bacon in the library. I helped on his stuffs but he ditched away. :<

 

131115

I put another sticky note on his desk. He put it inside his binder. I hope he’s keeping all my notes. ^_^

 

131116

Bacon is my pair-study partner! :D I don’t like that idea actually but it is okay because he’s my partner. But it seemed like Baekhyun doesn’t like it. :(

 

131118

We planned our study schemes today. And he thanked me for the food I bought for him. :D

 

131119

It was a record-breaker! We talked the longest today. And we reviewed at his place. :DD

 

131120

I called him early in the morning and he’s still sleeping. =_= My sleeping beauty asked to exchange numbers with me, but I already have his and I don’t want him to know that I was the one who called him earlier so I cleared his call history. Sorry Bacon. ~ :> :))) And he’s so cute when he was eating the ice cream I bought for him.

 

131121           

I bet Bacon is angry at me. He just discovered that I’m the one who’s giving him those tacky notes. TT_TT I don’t know what to do.

 

131122

I finally professed my feelings to him but he fell asleep in the middle of my monologue. Aish~ I wish he heard me.

 

 

Baekhyun stopped still absorbing everything he had just read. He realized many things but he just couldn’t believe it. Maybe it was the continuation of the dream he had last night. If such did exist. He heard screeches from the direction of the door so he turned his heels and saw Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s face was dim.

They were gazing at each other until the giant held his arm and ushered him outside the room. “I told you not to go here…” But the shorter guy instantly pulled his arm from his grip.

“Chanyeol, what’s this?” His voice was calm. He lowered his head waiting for an answer.

“Y-You don’t need to know, let’s go… Dinner’s ready.” The giant clasped his arms again but he just snapped it away.

“I want to know.”

Chanyeol gave up. He knew he can’t hide this forever. “Okay.” He paced towards his bed and sat at its edge. Baekhyun joined, ears were at him. “What do you want to know?”

“Everything.”

“Aish. I already told you the point of these last night but you slept, and you want me to repeat it again?” The taller guy sighed.

“Last night?” He stared at the giant. “So it wasn’t a dream?”                                                  

“What dream?”

“I dreamed of you saying you l-like… no, lo-love me.”

“So you heard it anyway. Good.” He grinned. “It wasn’t a dream Bacon, I meant that. I’m serious… That picture and those sappy sticky notes, you read it already, right?! That’s it.”

“I can’t understand.”

“A genius that is oblivious when it comes to love. I knew it. You don’t need to understand everything Bacon, just as you know that I love you. I really do.”

                            

The genius wanted to think of what really was happening but he couldn’t hear himself. He was drowning out by the sound of the ramming thing against the curve of his ribcage. It was too loud. Really loud. He felt warm tears trying to escape from the corner of his eyes. But before it gushed down, he stood up and ambled towards the kitchen.

 

 

“Oppa! Where have you been? I–” Chanhee was taking her seat on the dining as Mrs. Park was setting the plates up.

“Chanhee, oppa is going home.” He smiled at the little girl. “I’ll see you again, okay?” She wanted to fuss but she just nodded.

“Join us for dinner first before leaving.” Mrs. Park muttered.

“Thank you Mrs. Park but I really need to go.” He bowed. “Good night.” He got his backpack on the couch in the living room and sprinted towards the door.

 

                                                                                                  

 

Author’s Note:

“Smart ones are dumb when it comes to love.”

What did I write? It . This chapter. It’s not lavable. OTL

Mianhaeyo my dear readers. :B 

Keurigeo, Comments juseyo :))))) KAMSAHAMNIDA! ♥

Keep safe everyone! ♥