Chapter 9

486

CHAPTER 9:

 

 

SUNDAY:

 

Sunday means no Chanyeol to Baekhyun. He needed this. He needed a break after a frazzling and concussing week he had. He barely slept last night and he found it rigid to sit up from bed.

He knew he could count at his bestfriend at the time like this. He texted him and asked if he could accompany him. Albeit, Yixing had plans for today, he couldn’t just defy his bestfriend’s situation now.

 

 

Unlike Baekhyun, the giant was proficient on how to handle his feelings. He didn’t grasp things as downbeat. He’s still a happy virus as he was. Howbeit it was evident in his eyes that he was faltering inside. He worried about Baekhyun.

He was eating his cereals and milk for breakfast with his little sister but his eyes were fixed on his phone. He wanted to call him. But he feared it would just make things shoddier.

 

 

The genius desolately hailed his bestfriend in his home. Yixing gawked at him as he paced back in his room whilst the older sauntered to the kitchen and got some tea for the two of them. Baekhyun sure looked worn out, his bestfriend was not used to this type of him but he was certain he could handle him.

Yixing served them the tea and sat at the edge of his bed. His bestfriend was clinging on his blankets as he leaned his back at the veneer of the bed. The older was just staring at him as he sipped on his cup and waited for his bestfriend to speak out.

“Xing?” The genius got a pillow from his side and hugged it as he rested his chin on it.

“You know you can tell me everything Baek.” He sneered at him as he laid his cup on the bedside table. Ears were on his bestfriend.

“Chanyeol…”

“What about him?”

“He’s the one giving me those yellow sticky notes.”

“Eh? With that ‘I love you’ message on it?”

“It’s 486 Xing… It’s not like that.”

“You’re a genius but you don’t know what does it mean. Aish Baekhyun! It’s like 143 in English and 520 in Chinese… In Korean, it is 486. It’s signifies the number of .” He explained. Baekhyun wasn’t reacting. He was just gaping at his bestfriend. “And?”

“He said he l-likes, no he loves me.” His eyes met with the older guy’s.

“What’s the problem then?”

“What do you mean what’s the problem?” He frowned. “Everything Yixing… everything.”

“I told you once to try to be honest with yourself, right? I know you do like him too Baek. Don’t rebuff yourself.” Baekhyun looked intently at him.

“Off course not!” He whined.

“You do.” He sneered at his bestfriend. “When Chanyeol is around you feel uneasy, right?” The younger nodded. “You felt building knots in your stomach and you felt your cheeks flushing crimson?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened. He knew his bestfriend was right. “And when he said he loves you, what did you do?

“I ran away.”

“And you’re heart was throbbing unnaturally fast?”

“Yep.”

“That’s it. You’re just in denial Baek.” He chuckled but he soon stopped when he saw Baekhyun’s façade. The latter was shaking his head. “You like him.” He teased.

“Aigoo… You’re not helping!” The younger was now grinning at his bestfriend’s cleverness.

“Sure I am! I’m the best bestfriend ever!” Yixing giggled.

Baekhyun picked the stuffed toy up on the upper corner of his bed. Ever since he had received that stuffed panda, he always slept with it. “Remember this Xing?”

“Yes, someone sent that to you last year, on your birthday. It was from an unknown sender eh.” Yixing pursed his lips as he realized something. “Wait, that was from him? From Chanyeol?!”

Baekhyun nodded.

“Wow, he sure likes you for years now!”

“And in his room, there was a photo of us put on display, and he has so many sticky notes there, more like about me.”

“Creepy. Is he a stalker?” He sniggered.

“Maybe.” Baekhyun smirked.

“But that’s what you called effort. You should give him a chance.”

“You told me to be honest eh?” Yixing nodded. “I was actually thinking about this for nights. You know that giant was my big rival eh... I don’t know when but I began to like him. And you’re right… I’m such a denial king. I just don’t like the idea that I’m falling for him. I’m doom if it’ll go farther. And when I knew he’s is Mr. 486 and when he said he loves me, I felt heavenly. But I still can’t process things. I swear any Math problem is easier than this situation that I opted to run away. And now, I don’t how could face him after all.”

“You’re screwed Baek.” He shot him a stern look.

Baekhyun puckered his eyebrows. “I know Xing.”

“You screwed because you’re taking things as dilemmas when it’s actually not needed. And not because of what you are thinking.” He retorted. “If you like him, then you do. Don’t mind your pride, this time it won’t make you happy. Trail your heart’s desire.”

 

Baekhyun silently nodded at his bestfriend’s advice. He’ll think of it later. He just wanted a break now. Without the giants thoughts. Thus, he bid his bestfriend to watch a movie and enjoy themselves. Yixing had something to say to him but he found earlier not the right time. Maybe now, when his bestfriend was now really smiling.

“Um. Baek?” He grabbed a handful of popcorn and put it inside his mouth.

“Hmm?” Baekhyun was hooked up with the movie they were watching.

“I have something to tell you.” He mumbled after swallowing the popcorn.

“What? That you and Joonmyeon are dating?” Baekhyun chuckled, still eyes were on the enormous television in front of them.

Yixing blushed at the sudden statement. “W-What? H-How…” He stammered.

“I knew it Xing, you’re too obvious?” He gaped at him giggling. Yixing was dumbfounded. “Since when?”

“Yesterday.”

 “I see. Well, Joonmyeon really is a nice guy. And I know he likes you ever since, so I wish you two to be happy, okay?” He shot him a supporting sneer.

“Thanks Baek.” He smiled back.

“Sure, I am the best bestfriend eh.” Yixing sniggered at his bestfriend who had jus snatched his lines.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

By the way, this story’s year is 2013, okay? Don’t be confused. :)))))

I ship SULAY eh. Hihihi~ And Baekhyun is babo. XD

I’ll never get tired to thank everyone who appreciates this story.

Comments juseyo :)))

Keep safe everyone! ♥