Chapter 12

486

CHAPTER 12:

 

 

WEDNESDAY:

 

“Hello?” His voice was hoarse. He yawned. Chanyeol was too sleepy to answer a phone call at this ungodly hour. His eyes were still close. He really wanted to continue to his slumber.

“Good morning sleeping beauty. Sorry for perturbing on your dreams. But I think you should get off your bed now and go to school. You’ll be late so better be hurry.” The voice on the other line said.

Chanyeol opened his eyes as he heard the familiar line said by the familiar voice. He sat with his bum and whined. “Aish Bacon! How did you know that was me?”

“I just know.” Baekhyun guffawed.

“You keep on stealing my lines uh.”

Baekhyun laughed.

“What made you call babe?”

“Babe your face!” The genius chuckled. “Nah… I just missed you.” Chanyeol blushed. “It’s too early to blush Channie.”

“Eh? I’m not blushing Bacon!” He denied. “Wait, you called me Channie again!”

“You should be used to it babe.” Baekhyun chortled. “Okay bye Yeollie! See you later at school.”

“I love you.”

Baekhyun didn’t respond. The giant thought the line was cut until a moment. “I love you more!” And that drew a huge smile on Chanyeol’s drowsy face.

 

The giant looked at the time on his phone and it was too early to prep for school so he decided to take a nap again. He was about to close his eyes when his phone rang again.

“Oh Bacon, did you forget something?”

“Yes. I actually forgot the reason why I called you.”

“What?”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY YEOL!” Baekhyun screamed that pierced the giant’s eardrum.

Chanyeol pulled the phone from his ear to save his hearing then put it back but the line was already cut. “Thank you Bacon.” He murmured.

 

 

The first half of their classes was done when a student knocked the door and called for Byun Baekhyun. Their teacher excused the genius to the class. He stood up and paced to the principal’s office as he was told to. The said student said that the principal wanted to talk to him about some significant matter.

 

It took quite a while after Baekhyun went back to their room and the last period was already starting. Yixing was dead curious on what did the principal told his bestfriend. He just can’t tell if that was a good thing or not by his blank face.

“What did she told you?” The Chinese boy whispered.

“You’ll know soon.” The younger guy replied.

 

As soon as the class had ended, Chanyeol grabbed his Bacon and exited the room.

“Bye Yixing, bye Joonmyeon!” He waved at the two who was still inside.

“Hey, where are we going?” The genius posed peculiarly.

“Home! Eomma made some dish for her son’s birthday.” He muttered excitedly.

 

 

“Good day Mrs. Park! Hello Chanhee!” Baekhyun greeted as the little girl dashed towards him and hug him around his waist.

“I missed you oppa!” The little girl whined.

“Oppa missed you too cutie.” He ogled as he messed her hair.

“Oh Baekhyun. I’m glad you’re here to celebrate Chanyeol’s birthday with us.” Mrs. Park butted in. “I heard you’re dating my son now?” She asked out of nowhere.

“Um–“ The genius faltered.

“Eomma! You’re embarrassing him!” The giant hampered as his mother laughed.

“I’m just bearing things out.” She chuckled.

“Yes Mrs. Park we’re actually official now.” Baekhyun gulped. He didn’t know why but he was quite discomfited.

“Whoa! You’re so lucky son. You baited a perfect guy there.” She jibed to his son that made the couple’s cheeks flushed. “You should meet his father soon Baekhyun, he sure would like you. He can’t make it today eh.”

Baekhyun nodded. “I’d love too.”

 

 

Chanhee asked his brother to take the seat first on the dining as Mrs. Park was setting the foods she cooked. All of the dishes looked so delicious and special. As soon as she was done, Baekhyun entered the room with a cake and lit candles on it.

They sang him a happy birthday song and the genius asked the taller guy to make a wish.

Chanyeol stated his wish out loud and eyed him. “I want to be with you longer, until forever.” And blew to unlit the candles. Baekhyun held back a tear that was going to escape his eye.

“Happy birthday son!”

“Happy birthday oppa!”

“Happy birthday Yeol!”

“Common, let’s eat!”

 

All of them were stuffed by the drooling food Mrs. Park had served. She sure was a great cook, Baekhyun thought. She cleaned the dishes up and refused the genius when he asked her for any help. Whilst, Chanhee was sleepy and headed back to her own room.

The giant thanked his mom and captured Baekhyun towards his room.

They were both sitting at the edge of the bed. Baekhyun was looking around and observing the interior of the room. Nothing actually changed since the first time he went there. While the giant was silently staring at him.

“Bacon, may I borrow your phone?” Chanyeol said.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked back as he aimed for his phone from his pocket and gave it to the giant.

Chanyeol didn’t answer him and took his phone. He slid the screen and set it to camera mode. “Baek… Kimchiiii!” He bellowed and smiled at the phone camera. Chanyeol laid his free hand around Baekhyun’s shoulder as the shorter guy tilted his head to the side touching his temple with the giant’s cheek.

Both of them grinned at the photo. They sure looked so cute together.

This may count as their second picture and first picture as couple. The giant mentally noted that they should take a photo everytime they’re together.

 

“Yeol?” He said the moment he was snapped out from his thoughts.

“Hmm?” Chanyeol grinned.

“I’m sorry I don’t have any gift for you. If you didn’t drag me all the way here after class, I would have anything for you.” The genius murmured.

“Your presence is the best gift I’d ever received.”

“Much better than the ‘more-like-general greeting I gave to you last year?” Baekhyun mocked.

“Aish… It would be better if you forget all those things you read right there.” He pointed at the wall where his sticky notes were pasted on. “But I’m serious Baek, you’re more than enough for me.”

“Enough for your sappy lines Yeollie.” He chuckled. “I want to do something.”

“You wanna kiss me?” Chanyeol leaned towards the shorter guy expecting for his sweet lips but he just received a slight slap on his cheek.

“Cut it. I want to sing for you.”

“Really?!” The giant’s eyes went wide. He knew Baekhyun loved music but he didn’t picture out that his Bacon would sing for him at his birthday. Baekhyun slyly nodded. “Wait…”

Chanyeol went on his feet and paced to his cabinet at the other corner of the room. He got a black cloth-case above and it put his guitar out.

“I’ll play this while you sing.” He offered as he sat across the shorter guy and tuned his instrument.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and soon started to sing as Chanyeol accompanied him. They’re eyes were nailed at each other.

 

I do believe all the love you give
All of the things you do
Love you, Love you...
I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry

 

Baekhyun meant every single lyric of the song as Chanyeol hummed with his guitar and heeded his boyfriend’s message.

 

I wouldn’t leave, wanna keep you near
‘Cause I feel the same way too 
Love you, Love you….
Want you to know that I’m with you

 

He remembered Chanyeol’s wish–“I want to be with you longer, until forever.”

If forever does exist. He really wanted to be with him until then.

 

 

I will love you and love you and love you
Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you
I will please you for all times

I don’t wanna lose you and lose you and lose you
‘Cause I need you and need you and need you
So I want you to be my baby
You’ve got to understand my love…

 

Baekhyun hardly noticed the pouring tears on his cheeks until he finished the song. The giant strummed the last chord and put the guitar beside him. He bent to the shorter guy and wiped his tears away.

“Thank you Bacon.” He felt pearl tears wanting to run off his eyes at that moment and it finally streamed down when his lips locked with Baekhyun’s. He took some time to response and kissed him back. It was their first kiss and both of them wanted it to be a chaste and memorable.

Baekhyun was the first one to pull back and leaned his temple to the giant’s. “I love you Yeol.” He whispered.

“I love you too Bacon. You’re my life.” The giant muttered and kissed him again. This time it was more longing and rapacious. Signifying how much they loved each other.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

Few more chapters to go. :))))

The song is Love Song sang by Baekhyun on I-forgot-what-show. ♥

ChanBaek's gfdgwgetetqfdaErttsdfgsgwdtgggf  pose ~ orz

Thanks for reading! :D

Keep safe everyone! ♥