Chapter 3

486

CHAPTER 3:

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

MONDAY:

 

Two weeks of studying with my number one opponent Park Chanyeol. Two weeks of spending days with him. I wondered how long it would take before I hold off of the situation. Let’s see. This was the first day of the pair-study. We had to start on planning with our partners of our schedules, study methods, reports and such after class.

I was pacing at the lobby with Yixing. I looked at my watch finding that we were still ten minutes ahead to our first class so we really were not in a rush.

“Good luck Baek!” my bestfriend sneered at me.

“Two weeks is short Xing, I can handle it.” I frowned.

“Your face says otherwise. It will take less than 200 hours with him, sure you can handle it.” He chuckled. This Chinese boy really was a fond of teasing me. Aish.

                                                                                                                            

We reached room 201. Finally. Yixing was teasing me the whole time we were outside. He was trying to boost me in his own way. I sat before my bestfriend did. Some of the seats were not filled yet, including Chanyeol’s. I marveled if he would attend the class this morning. There was a tiny portion of me that was hoping to see him but it was just to settle our pair-study plans–no other reason. And the rest of me wanted him to not go to school anymore today.

I almost unheeded the yellow sticky note on my desk. It was same with the last four I had received. Same ‘486’ was written and the word ‘Sorry’. I didn’t know who sent this and I didn’t know what he/she was sorry for. But I felt a pang in my heart. I felt somehow guilty. Guilty for something I didn’t know.

The class was about to start. The seats were finally filled. But there was something that lacked– Chanyeol didn’t greet me like he used to do to ruin my mornings. Well, it was more than fine with me. Maybe he realized that he was such a nuisance.

 

 

Lunch break. Joonmyeon approached Yixing and asked him to have a lunch with him so they could plan for their study plans. I asked them if I could join them, but my bestfriend shove me away. I was going to hate Joonmyeon for intruding as Yixing told me that I should join Chanyeol today for lunch and settle our own study schemes. The students were exiting the door one-by-one. I saw Chanyeol still on his seat and was writing something. Yixing and Joonmyeon waved at me and uttered ‘see yous’. I sat back on my chair and frowned for frustration. I was thinking of what to do. Should I approach him first or should I wait him to loom first in front me. I was drowning with my thoughts when I felt an arm fall on my shoulders. I looked up and saw a grinning Chanyeol.

“Hey Bacon!” He called me again with that name. I wanted to fuss but it would just a waste of time. At least he was the first one who drew near. “Sorry.”

“Sorry for what?” I swore this giant was acting eerie. He was smiling but his eyes were not sparkling as they were used to be.

“Ah. Nada! Should we start to make our schedule? You can lead.”

“Okay.” I got my backpack and put out a pen and a note pad as Chanyeol got a chair and sat across my desk.

 

 

I was muttering and writing down our schemes. But Chanyeol was just listening and nodding at me. He was agreeing with everything I said. What the heck was with this guy? Was he a taunt?

“Ahm. Bacon?”

“Hmm?” I gazed up from my note pad to face him but he was looking at his watch.

“Just wait here uh. I’ll be back.” He stood up and storm out the room in a hurry.

 

 

I already finished the whole paper, but Chanyeol didn’t come back yet. It was impossible that he ran away for good and left me. Besides, his bag was still here. My tummy was growling. I was hungry but I couldn’t leave the giant’s bag here. I must wait him. I took a look at his bag, one zipper was open. I knew it wasn’t a good deed to peek on someone’s personal stuff but I was too bored and the bag was opened anyway. It seemed to be inviting me. I was expecting unorganized stuffs in his bag, but I saw otherwise. His stuffs were neatly sorted out. His books to his notebooks, papers, note pad, sticky notes and pens. It was a turn on indeed. Dang. His sticky notes looked familiar. I tore up from the pad and placed it into my binder. I knew I was acting cheeky but it can’t be helped.

I sat back to my seat and acted like I had never stood from there. Chanyeol was finally back. He had two paper bags on his hands and he seemed to be so worn out. He was sweating bullets.

“Where have you been?”

“There are so many students in the cafeteria. Sorry I took so long.” He sat down and got boxes and canned drinks from the bags. “Here eat! Sorry you weren’t able too take your lunch because of me.”

“Third time.”

“Third time what?” He was opening both of the boxes and setting the foods on the table.

“You said sorry for the third time. Seriously, you love to say that uh.”

“Ah. I’m sorry.” He lowered his head.

“Aish. Didn’t you understand?” I scowled at him. He stared up at me with his puppy eyes. He was so dang cute and I mentally facepalmed for thinking that way. “Okay. Let’s just eat. Thank you Yeol!” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.” He sneered back, finally with those sparkling eyes.

 

 

The day was indeed tiring. We had activities with the rest of our classes after lunch. I laid my body onto my bed and let it soak all my exhaustion up. I harked back with the things I did the whole day but all of them was blurred except from the time I was with the giant. I remembered the sticky note I got from his bag.

I sat up, bum against the bed sheets. I got my backpack and took out my binder. The blank sticky note was with the yellow sticky notes I recurrently received. I guessed it right. The notes with a ‘486’ written on it were the same with Chanyeol’s.

I didn’t want to assume but there was a possibility that these were all from that giant. But there was also a possibility that it was just a coincidence. This kind of sticky note was common, anyone could have it.

What if it was really Chanyeol? Why was he sending this to me? Why it had to have a cipher of ‘486’? Why he had to keep his identity unknown? I was sinking with my thoughts.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

                                                                                                                  Short update again. Meh~

I just realized it’s not as easy as I thought to write a story

with a character’s POV. A challenge indeed. lol XD

I already finished the next chapter. I’ll post it soon.  :))

The next chapters wouldn’t be in Baek’s POV anymore. ^^

Also, you know I love comments. :D

                                                                                      Thanks for reading!  Keep safe everyone! ♥