Chapter 7

486

CHAPTER 7:

 

 

FRIDAY:

 

Friday morning backed to normal. Baekhyun was as lively again as he usually was. He was again active at their classes like always. He was intermittently chatting with Yixing and Joonmyeon during their short break times. Whilst, Chanyeol was calmly sitting two seats away from Baekhyun. He was again as spirited to compete with Baekhyun during their recitations. He was trying to act like nothing happened, like yesterday was just a dream. A dream that soon will be elapsed and forgotten.

The giant congregated all the nerves he had to perform normally around his partner. He walked towards Baekhyun as soon as their last period had ended. Other students were gradually leaving the room. Yixing and Joonmyeon were at the side waiting for Baekhyun.

“Oh Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun mandated a smile. The taller guy grinned back. “Common let’s go home, we still have some undone schedules.” He glanced at his bestfriend and Joonmyeon who were just gawking at him before turning to Chanyeol and then he started to walk towards the door. He leaded their way to the bus station.

 

The time ran quite fast for some reasons. They were now in front of Baekhyun’s house. The genius was about to waved a goodbye to his bestfriend and Joonmyeon when Yixing grabbed him away from their partners.

“Uh. B-Baek?” Yixing worriedly utter, he swore the smile on Baekhyun’s face was just proving that something was wrong. As he recall yesterday, Baekhyun had told him about what he had just discovered. Chanyeol was the one who was sporadically giving him those uncanny yellow sticky notes. He was certain that his bestfriend had undergone some culture-shock or something. But all of a sudden, he was acting like that Thursday was erased from the calendar. It was eerie. His bestfriend was eerie. He did his best to draw a smile on Baekhyun the day before, and he succeeded once. But after that Baekhyun was still scowling until he left home. “Are you sure, you okay?”

“Off course Xing.” Baekhyun sneered for reassurance.

The Chinese boy wasn’t satisfied with his bestfriend’s response. “Okay-okay. Just call me if you need me. Alright?!

Baekhyun nodded. “Thanks Xing!” He bear hugged his bestfriend.

 

Chanyeol and Joonmyeon were watching them from few steps away. Both of them looked away when they saw the two best of friends hugged each others.

 

 

“I guess we have to work beyond the set time today.”

“Sorry for not com–“

Chanyeol didn’t finish his sentence as Baekhyun cut him. “Just don’t mention it.”

“Uh? Uh– Yes. Overtime uh. Let’s work hard!” Chanyeol said trying to be cheerful.

 

The atmosphere around Baekhyun and Chanyeol that was starting to be more comfortable than awkward had overturned again or it was even worse this time. The giant could barely concentrate with the papers he was reading. He was reading it again and again from the start. It was his sixth time and counting, but still his mind wasn’t cooperating with him.

The genius on one hand was completely focused on his copy. He was now at the last page. It seemed like he managed to pretend. To pretend that he everything was alright and there was nothing they have to talk to. But when Chanyeol squealed a little because he was annoyed with his disobliging mind, Baekhyun jump a bit. He was nervous that the taller guy would start a conversation.

He indeed started a conversation.

“B-Bacon.” Chanyeol waveringly muttered. He put the papers onto the table and leaned back to the supple couch and faced his partner. But he was seemed unheard by Baekhyun. “Bacon!” He repeated.

“Yes?” The shorter guy finally eyed the giant. He tilted his head to the side and gulped. He wasn’t ready if Chanyeol would open up about yesterday.

“Ahm–“He faltered. “Where’s your family? I mean why are you here alone?” This wasn’t he really wanted to ask. But nonetheless, he still wanted to know his answer.

Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief. “Ah. Mom and Dad are in Japan. They have to stay there for three months to monitor our business there. They’ll be home before winter vacation. And the maids, I asked them to have a day-off until mom and dad come home.”

“Ah… Business?”

“Yes. We owned a clothing-line and they opened four branches in Japan.” Baekhyun sneered. “I always wanted to go there.”

“In Japan?”

“Yes– Ah wait, my pet inside me growled” Baekhyun placed the papers he was reading onto the table and paced to the kitchen.

 

The genius resurfaced from the kitchen door after a few minutes. He walked towards Chanyeol with a tray on his hands. The giant stood up and helped Baekhyun place the snacks the latter had prepared onto the table. Two servings of iced tea and sliced strawberry short-cake.

Baekhyun felt electrified when he and Chanyeol held on the same glass of iced tea. He was about to lift the glass when Chanyeol accidentally gasped on it, that made the giant’s hand around the shorter guy’s. He looked up at him and their eyes met. At a snap of time, Chanyeol pulled his hand back and apologized. The shorter guy blushed at the brief contact as he put the glass onto the table. He mentally facepalmed for his dang cheeks which had flushed crimson red. The giant, on one hand took a seat back on the couch trying to hide his pinking cheeks.

He placed the try at the side and sat across Chanyeol. He began to eat the salivating dessert.

“How about you?” The shorter guy said as he took a fork-sliced of his strawberry short cake.

“My family?” Baekhyun nodded. “Hm… My father manages our restaurant. He’s the best cook! And my mother is a plain housewife. She takes good care of me and my little sister.”

Baekhyun gawked at his partner. Eyes grew wider. “You have a little sister?! Whoah!” Baekhyun whined, still holding his empty fork on his mouth.

“You want to meet her?” Chanyeol offered, admiring his partner’s odd cuteness.

“Sure!”

 

 

The sun had already set and the two of them merely finished their assigned schedules. They surely had overtime.

Baekhyun had finished earlier than Chanyeol, merely because the latter had lost his concentration before, while the shorter guy proceeded without a flaw. He started to gather his things up and placed it back into his backpack as he gazed his partner still focused on his papers. He stood up and paced to the kitchen as soon as he was done.

 

 

Last question. Chanyeol finally finished answering those sheets. He put his stuffs back into his bag preparing himself to leave. He waited for Baekhyun who was still in the kitchen to say goodbye. He opted to stay at the living room though he fancied knowing what his partner might be doing at the kitchen for quite half an hour. Besides, he never saw any of the rooms in the house aside from the living room where they were always reviewing at.

 

 

He was building knots in his stomach out of boredom. Chanyeol stood up to peek on the kitchen, but he had stopped on his half-way when the shorter guy came out from the kitchen. He was wearing a pink apron with little pandas printed on it and pink gloves.

They were mutually stunned.

“Oh. I guess you’re done. Sorry I let you wait. Let’s eat dinner!” Baekhyun was gleefully sneering, and the taller guy was faintly smiling with the picture. His partner was too adorable with those cute apron and cooking gloves. He cussed himself for always acting like this. He always adored the guy when he was smiling, angry, hungry, pissed off–everytime.

Baekhyun turned his heels back to the kitchen but he noticed no one was on his tail. He paced back to the kitchen door and saw Chanyeol gawking blankly. He looked at him. The shorter guy followed the giant’s eyes.

“Uh-Uh… These… These are my mom’s.” He stuttered. He thought Chanyeol was acting weird because he just witnessed him wearing pink stuffs. He instantly tried to get rid off of the kitchen wears but Chanyeol stopped him.

“Dooon’t! You look cute at it. Don’t strip it off.” He grinned, holding the shorter guy’s arm.

“Aish.” All Baekhyun he could response. He pulled his arms from the giant’s grasp and once again paced into the kitchen hiding his blushing cheeks.

 

 

The giant was amazed with the dishes on the dining table. He wondered how did Baekhyun learned to prepare such delicious-looking food. He swore he was drooling. As soon as he tasted the dishes one-by-one, he proved that these were indeed tasty. He wanted to cry.

“I see. Your appetite was quite amazing.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“No. These are just delicious. I swear.” The taller guy’s smile wasn’t that visible, his mouth was full. Baekhyun blushed again at the praise.

 

 

They were both full. Chanyeol was ready to go but his stomach wasn’t. It needed time to work on digesting the foods he ate. Baekhyun had washed the utensils they used and joined the giant in the living room. They were sitting at the ends of the couch as they watched some soap operas on the TV. Baekhyun leaned back.

“Chanyeol?”

“Yes?” He answered, eyes still nailed at the television.

“Mind to explain? About those sticky notes.” Baekhyun yawned.

The giant jump a little from his seat. He wasn’t expecting a sudden query, he merely forgot about it. But he knew he had to answer him. It was now or never.

“Sorry Bacon.” He turned to the shorter guy who was dimly smiling at the other end of the couch. He was ready to hear whatever he would say. “Yes. I was the one who was pasting those nasty yellow sticky notes on your locker, on your desk and on your quiz.”

He turned his head back to the tv, assured that Baekhyun was listening to him.

“I meant those messages Baek. I hope you’re not angry or something.”

“No. I’m just confused.”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry. Just explain please.”

Chanyeol smiled. “Okay. Where should I start? Hm… Actually, I always wanted to be your friend Bacon.  Ever since I transferred to that school. I always look up to you for being a well-known genius. You’re a constant top student. You won all those contests you had joined in. You’re just… perfect. So I tried my best to be like you, hoping by that, you’ll notice me. Well, I was right, you noticed me but you see me as a rival taking your position away. You’re always annoyed at my presence.” He sighed then continued. “Whenever I talked to you, you always get rid off me, or you’ll just pace away. There was always an awkward atmosphere around us. The first time I was able to have a real talk with you, was last Tuesday. And I was so happy though you’re still gawky at me. I’m quite thankful that you picked my name up on that fish bowl and be my pair-study partner. And I know you feel the complete opposite, though. You didn’t want to be my partner, right? That’s why I pasted an apologizing sticky note on your desk back then.” He paused and caught a deep breath. “Bacon, I meant that 486! 486 means I love you, you know? At first, I just wanted to be your friend. I don’t know where and when did this dang feeling had started, but I’m sure I love you now.” Chanyeol lowered his head expecting for any response from Baekhyun. He had just professed his feelings to the guy and he was in awe to be rejected or something more than that. But deep inside him, he was still hopeful that the genius had any interest in him. He can’t oblige him to say yes, but maybe to be at least his friend. Yes he was more than contented being his friend.

Moments had passed but there was no response from the shorter guy. Chanyeol turned his eyes to him and saw a peacefully sleeping Baekhyun. He bit the inside of his cheeks out of frustration.

“So, you didn’t hear what I just said my sleeping beauty, did you?” The giant shook his head. He was muttering his speech of love awhile ago, while Baekhyun was strolling at his dreamland. What a nice timing.

He stared at Baekhyun for few more minutes. He was indeed deeply asleep, and Chanyeol loved the peaceful aura of the sleeping bacon. It was already past eight and he needed to go home though he still didn’t want to. He was really enjoying the scene. He stood up and gently enfolded the genius with a blanket he found at the other couch. He didn’t want to wake him up, he was sure dead tired and needed some rest.

“Good night Bacon!” Chanyeol leaned towards the resting genius and pecked his cheeks before exiting the house.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

-SECOND UPDATE-

I finished these two chapters in one day. XD

Maybe, I had eaten something. C:

You know your comments makes me complete.

So please do comment again. kekekek :))

Thanks for reading! 

Keep safe everyone! ♥