Chapter 1

486

CHAPTER 1:

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I am Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun.

Nerd. Geek. Weird. Uncanny. Grade-conscious. Teacher’s pet. Whatever you call it. All I know was maintaining good grades, getting awards, medals, plaques and making my parents proud. I never flopped to bring bacons home. Failing wasn’t integrated in my vocabulary.

Chanyeol transferred to our school and fortunately unluckily, he was attending the same class as me.

Everything was on its right places, was in my control just like a tyrant, not until Chanyeol entered my fixed and mended life.

Before his hasty appearance, I was the best, the cynosure, the number one but then, all of a sudden, he’s intruding in my life. He was always taking a portion on matters that I used to have alone myself. I used to hate and even thought of revenge over him, conversely, I fell for him. Yeah I fell in love with that gigantic guy whom I hate the most. The hell it was, right?

 

~○○○~

 

It was already late in the afternoon and some pupils inside the library were through with their stuff, starting to pack their things up and gradually, they’re deducting in number. While on one corner of the room, on my usual spot, I was still busy with the loads of books to be read laying on the varnished rectangular desk in front of me.

I opened the three-inch thick algebra book on a page where my quoted bookmark was sited. I started to decipher some mind-blowing math problems in just a clap or maybe two. Well, bragging aside, that’s why I was a top student back then on high school, and mathematics was my favorite subject as well.

Numbers was getting easier and seemed to be boring, so I began again with a psychology book.

 

“Bacon!”, I was startled as this tall, auburn-haired, looking perfect annoying guy called me and sat on the monoblock beside.

 

“The heck Park Chanyeol! You scared the hell out of me.” I screamed and moved a little away from the guy who just appeared out of nowhere.

 

None of the students inside cared to give us a look even the librarian, which I was thankful to.

 

“What’s the problem Bacon, didn’t you expect me here? It’s a place where like us usually stay”. He nudged on me, eyes were so dazzling. He was staring at me trying to dig on my inner vena cava, carrying deoxygenated blood away from my veins and not returning any. It was a good thoracic –or it was just brought by my imagination.

I could see the goofy grin on his face that fainted my inside. And I really hate that he could easily do this to me.

 

“Like us?” What did he mean like us?  “We’re not alike Mr. Park Chanyeol.” I rolled my eyes and started to gather my things. I wanted to get away from here, away from his existence before I lose self-control. “And by the way, don’t you ever call me Bacon. That isn’t my name. It’s Byun Baekhyun… It feels like…” I paused, like something whacked on me to stop and pushed me to keep on packing up.

 

“Feels like what?” He presented his baffled look, even trying to help me on packing. His skin did friction with mine. Some electrifying signal was sent to my nerves. A sudden reflex. I cuffed his hands away from my things. “But it’s cute! Isn’t it?”

 

It feels like you and I are in a relationship, something like more than friendship. And calling me Bacon is like it’s a pet name, a call sign. If you knew how much it tickles my heart that I want to record it and listen to it forever.

 

“Nah. Never mind!” I uttered. “I gotta go. I don’t like the ambiance here anymore.”

 

I ambled away, leaving him unaccompanied. I don’t know if it was just my mind's ears but I heard him saying “you’re so cute bacon”. But I know it’s impossible, what silly mind I have to think of such. Maybe it was just my crazy thoughts capering with me.

 

I really hate to think that I’m falling for him. I hate it because he was once just an opponent for me, and I want it to stay like that. But one day, everything changed, I found him really attractive and lovable now. Everytime I saw him, my heart throbs as if it wants to rip my ribcage apart, and his presence makes the crazy butterflies in my stomach go wilder. It’s a disgusting thing to think that if someday this feeling has grown up, I have no choice but to give up on him. That I have to let him to take over my place because I love him. I feared the future, I feared that this illicit growing love will drive me down to the core of this world.

 

 

The entire day was going less than perfect for me. I didn’t even have enough sleep last night. We’re by now done with three of our classes, two more. Next was math class, well, I hoped it could do something to lift my mind frame up.

“Hi Baek!”, I heard from the back. I turned back and my eyes met my bestfriend’s–Yixing who was taking the seat behind me. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him, but it would be rude if I ignore him.

I gave him a beam. “Yes Xing?”

 

“What’s up? Is there something wrong with you? You seemed like you didn’t have a good sleep last night.” I could see his most inquisitive look. “A nightmare maybe?” My eyes absentmindedly nailed at him as he stood up and sat on the vacant chair in front of me.

 

“Yah! Baek! Are you okay?” He asked again, this time slapping my cheeks lightly, trying to stir me up from my reverie.

 

“Yes I’m okay Xing, it’s just that good sleep was not with me last night.” I replied, recalling what I really did the night before. Dang. I thought of the oversized guy Chanyeol the whole night. Out-of-this-world thoughts. I even dreamt of him professing his love to me.

 

“What have you done? Did you–” He trembled, scrunching his messy hair. He was cut by something he saw. “What’s that?”, he said, eyes rolled, forefinger pointed at my desk. A yellow sticky note was welded on it, with the characters “486” emblazoned with a black thick ink, handwritten and yelling its connotation.

 

I turned a look back to Yixing and he responded a weird grin, I knew something was running through his mind, but I opted to ignore it. I tried to search for whoever might put this on my desk. I looked around and sighted a guy, who was sitting in the front row, facing with an intent look and bright smile at me, our class president Do Kyungsoo.

 

It was actually the fourth time I received a reminder note like this. First was in my locker, same color and same prose though it was a plain text. Then on the table in the library on my usual corner, this time with a tiny heart on a red ink placed on the upper right side of the note. It was cheesy and eerie at the third time I saw something like this at the back of the paper I used for the recent math quiz we took. Same “486” was embossed on the yellow note with a “You did great as always!” written in a smaller font below. I think it was pertaining to the perfect score I had on that quiz.

I wanted to ignore those tacky notes but it really made me feel nosy. I wanted to know the identity and the intention of whoever sent me those stuffs.

 

An idea that maybe it was Kyungsoo flashed through my mind, given that the last time I remembered we talked was he was asking me for a dinner but I refused (I said no not because I don’t like him but because I don’t want to enter any intimate relationship), and he was staring at me now with that freak meaningful smile of him. Should I ask him directly? What if he denied? Or what if he wasn’t the one who did this? Sigh.

 

Park Chanyeol entered the room and sat right behind me, he greeted me as usual but I wasn’t able to respond as Ms. Choi came in, a sign that the class were about to start.

We got back to our places. I put the sticky note on the back of my ring binder, and paid attention to the lecturer who had just entered.

 

 

The class had finally ended. Yixing and I were going to the cafeteria for a break.

 

“Bacon!”, an arm fell on my shoulder on top of my backpack. The tall guy I love hate the most was here again acting like a jerk. I instantly removed his arm away from me. “Have you received my message?”, he cooed and a melting grin formed on his lips.

“What message? – What are you talking about?”, I posed obliviously.

 

“Nah! Never mind.” I could see the grin on his face became a frown. “Enjoy your food! See yah! … Bye Yixing!” then he turned a look to my equally clueless bestfriend, who was standing behind me.

 

I watched him on foot away until he lost on my sight, leaving me snooping.

 

~~

Author’s Note:

I edited this chapter! Amp ><

What should be the next scene? Ahh! I don’t know! XD hahah

I should update soon. Aish~

Does anyone here know what ‘486’ means? Kekekeke

Okai. Leave to yourself. No. Just kidding. :P /slapped/

Comments are loved! Subscriptions are much more than appreciated! ♥

Thanks for reading! Be anxious for the next chapter. Okai  ^_^