Chapter 6

486

CHAPTER 6:

 

 

THURSDAY:

 

Baekhyun was an eager beaver today. He was determined to know the identity behind whoever was keep on giving him those yellow sticky notes. He was thinking of his plan the whole night. He even listed his suspects for the giving-tacky-notes-to-Baekhyun-crime and Do Kyungsoo was on top of it. He knew that their class president was a straightforward type and no way he’d send nasty messages just to get his attention. But he had just rejected him and Baekhyun thought it was his plan B to set him on a date. Who knows?

He didn’t have many names in his list. It was only three, actually:

1. Do Kyungsoo

2. Kim Minhyun

3. Park Chanyeol

Their class president was number one as aforementioned. Number two was Kim Minhyun, his grade school classmate. He had asked Baekhyun to be his boyfriend during their graduation but he off course said no, they were dang too young back then. Minhyun and he were still attending the same school and he was just at the other class. Baekhyun assumed that maybe he wanted him again. Though he knew it was merely impossible.

Baekhyun didn’t actually know why he wrote Park Chanyeol’s name on the list. He can’t even think of any reason for Chanyeol to give him those tacky sticky notes. So he just had crossed out his name.

His possible suspect was actually… no one. All of them are quite impossible to be that Mr. 486 (impossible–including Kyungsoo, his possibility was below 10%). He even thought of what if the mystery behind it was actually a girl? But hell no, he immediately snapped the idea out. He was famous at their school as a genius and everyone knows he didn’t like girls.

 

Baekhyun decided to go to school earlier than usual. He had found some of the sticky notes on his desk or at his locker, so his conjecture was, whoever-was-that was attaching the sticky notes before anyone could see him–before everyone could get to their room. He was in doubt if he could found any sticky note since he spotted it anywhere, anytime. No particular gap between times. But he was still as eager beaver as he was to figure out the character behind this cheeky act.

 

The sun was still beginning to rise, painting bright light to the sky as Baekhyun sneaked at their classroom and found no one. The room 201 was still vacant at this time. The inside was neatly arranged, the utilities did a great job cleaning the room. Baekhyun arrived at the right time. He paced inside the room and closed the door as if no one had shifted it. He hid himself under the table at the farthest end of the room. He wasn’t sure what exactly he was waiting for but he had to wait. Wait. Few minutes had passed, his eyelids were now dropping down. He tried to fight but he was too sleepy, for he slept late and woke up so early.

Baekhyun was losing with his drowsiness when he heard creaks from the direction of the door. He twitched and rubbed his eyes with his clenched fist to clear his sight. He saw a familiar figure entering the door. Baekhyun’s eyes followed the man as he paced through the tables and chairs until he reached a certain desk. The man stripped his bag off and zipped it on. He got something from it but Baekhyun couldn’t see what it was from his point. The bag was hiding whatever it was from his view.

Soon, the man stormed out of the room and that gave Baekhyun the chance to flee from the desk he was hiding in. He paced to the same desk the man had stopped. It was his desk. And on his desk, there was a yellow sticky note and a pen.

Baekhyun picked the yellow sticky note up from the wooden desk. It was definitely alike with the notes he had received. Same ‘486’ was written and a ‘Your smile is my happiness’ message and a heart drawn in cherry ink right under it.

The message was indeed sweet. If he was not in this situation, he’d probably had a smile that may reach the galaxy and back. But it wasn’t the right time to go red. He was more shocked now than anything else.

He was acutely staring at the yellow paper that he didn’t noticed that someone entered the room. Same man who had entered few minutes ago. Baekhyun looked up from the yellow paper to face the man.

“Uh. H-Hi B-Bacon.”

“Ch-Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?! He screamed the last two words. The giant stepped aback as his eyes grew wide and his lips were partly opened. He was shocked with the sudden yell from the shorter guy.

Baekhyun picked the pen up from his desk. “This pen. This is yours, right?!” His voice was lowered now as he held the pen in front of the giant’s face. Chanyeol nodded. “And this…this sticky note. It’s yours too, isn’t it?”

“Huh? W-What’s that?”

“What’s that your face! I saw you Chanyeol. Just don’t deny please!” Baekhyun took one random seat from the room. His knees were becoming weak for a reason he didn’t know. He needed support.

 

Chanyeol joined the shorter guy and sat across him. Baekhyun’s table was standing still between them. The giant rested his arms onto the table and lowered his head down. The shorter guy was just staring at him blankly, still holding the yellow sticky note and Chanyeol’s pen. They stayed like that for quite a long time. Both of them weren’t sure how long it took, their bums were burning against those seats until their classmates were starting to come one-by-one.

Yixing entered their room and saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He wasn’t sure what had happened earlier between them but he felt the awkward mood around the two. He slightly tapped his bestfriend’s shoulder and told him to sit on his own chair, while Chanyeol silently walked toward his possessed seat at the back.

 

 

Baekhyun was physically-present but mentally-absent during their classes. But as expected from a genius like him, he still managed to answer their teacher’s question when he was spotted not paying any attention to what he was discussing. By that, he was saved.

 

 

Yixing felt perturbed walking with his bestfriend through the hallway when the latter didn’t even budge to say anything. Yixing wondered if his bestfriend was still alive and breathing or he was now a walking corpse. His bestfriend was gaping blankly ever since he saw him this morning until now that they were going home. He wanted to dig on what might had happened between him and Chanyeol but he was sure Baekhyun wouldn’t talk, yet. He knew his bestfriend needed him now, so he asked Joonmyeon to cancel their review for today and his partner granted for he utterly understood the situation of Yixing being Baekhyun’s bestfriend. Yixing was indebted.

 

 

As soon as their classes were through, Chanyeol fled from their school and paced along until he found himself standing right before the door of Baekhyun’s house. He wanted to press the button to ring the doorbell but he couldn’t. He just couldn’t. He didn’t know what to say to Baekhyun after he had found out that he was that Mr. 486. Perhaps, he wasn’t sure if the shorter guy was angry at him or something. He turned his back to the door and lean on it. He was yearning for Baekhyun to face him but he also wanted to run away. Either way, he can’t dash from this state.

The giant ambled to the right side of the house. He peeked at the window and saw Baekhyun sitting still at the couch at the living room. The genius was smiling widely as Baekhyun’s bestfriend was taking the settee across him. They seemed happy talking about random topics that Chanyeol himself wasn’t sure what it was. His earshot couldn’t reach them. Chanyeol thought Yixing succeed on doing his part as his bestfriend. He smiled at the thought though he sensed a little envy inside him. Still, he was relieved and gratified that Baekhyun wasn’t taking things seriously like he was thinking. Maybe it wasn’t that essential to the genius.

He was now at ease seeing Baekhyun like that. He turned his heels and paced away from the house.

 

 

Author’s Note:

-FIRST UPDATE FOR TODAY-

I’ll post THREE chapters today! OTL

I’m also planning to make a new poster. I’ve made a not pretty one. orz

Or if someone would like to make a poster for this story.

I’ll gladly accept it and give you a million thank you. :)) hihi

                                                           *^_____________________^*