Chapter 4

486

CHAPTER 4:

 

 

TUESDAY:

 

Tuesday morning went normal for Baekhyun. Chanyeol even greeted him like he used to do. But this time he wasn’t that annoyed. He smiled back at him for gad sake. He was thinking if he was completely out of his mind when he did that whilst the giant was seemed to be more than grateful for his response. The classes were just fine at it has to be. All of the teachers were called for a meeting that’s why they had a vacant time after lunch and that was when Yixing asked his bestfriend to go to a nearby bookstore.

 

“So how was your pair-study plan with Chanyeol?” Yixing asked his bestfriend as he was searching for a certain book on the shelf. Baekhyun was on his feet behind him.

“Hm. It went good. He was just agreeing with whatever I was suggesting.” Yixing looked at his bestfriend and laughed.

“What’s with that face?” he chuckled.

“What!” Baekhyun was frowning. His bestfriend was beginning to again.

“Nothing. Aren’t you happy with his actions?” Yixing turned back to the bookshelf.         

“Off course I am. At least he wouldn’t show any condescend to me.”

“Oh here it is!” Yixing whined. He finally found the book he was searching for and headed to the cashier. Baekhyun was at his tail. He paid for it and both of them stormed out the store.

 

“You should at least be honest with yourself Baek.” Yixing advised.

 

 

It was 1:45 in the afternoon when Ms. Choi, their class adviser had arrived at room 201 for their last class. She greeted everyone and asked them to sit back and listen to her announcement.

“So the teachers’ meeting had finished just a few minutes ago and we came up with a change on your schedules.” She began. Her students were eared to her. “Your classes will be shrunk up from nine to six hours starting tomorrow until the day before your final exams. It is to give you more time to review with your partners… Any complaints?”

Everyone was hushed. No one had the courage to utter a single tone. They didn’t want to see their teacher get annoyed again.

“I guess you’re all clear. Okay class dismissed. Don’t forget your reports.” Ms. Choi gave her final glance then exited the room.

 

“Things are just getting at its worse.” Baekhyun sighed.

“Cheer up Baek!” Yixing muttered and smiled at his bestfriend. “By the way, Joonmyeon and I are going to my apartment for today’s review.”

“And we will be at my house. Ah… Let’s just ride the bus together. I don’t want to be alone with that giant.” Baekhyun deadpanned. He noticed that Chanyeol was at his back as he wished that the latter didn’t hear what he had just said. “Oh. There you are Chanyeol. We’ll ride the bus to my house with Yixing and Joonmyeon. I hope you don’t mind. Yixing’s apartment was just a few walks away from my place.” Baekhyun had to act like he hadn’t said those words a while ago.

Chanyeol goofy grinned. “Sure!”

Joonmyeon walked towards them and smiled at Yixing. “Joonmyeon is here. Let’s go?”

Yixing leaded the way as they left the room to the bus station. The other three were at his tail. They sat at the back of the bus where there was a seat for eight persons. Baekhyun and Yixing were sitting at the middle of Chanyeol and Joonmyeon. Baekhyun was occasionally chatting with his bestfriend at their bus ride everytime he could find a rare moment when Joonmyeon was not talking with his bestfriend. Joonmyeon didn’t lack of topics to talk about. And he was just dang yakking with his partner. Baekhyun was seemed to be a little bothered, while Chanyeol was just sitting beside him silently.

                                                                       

 

Everything was awkward, at least for Baekhyun. Chanyeol said no word the whole bus ride, and this time they had to part ways with Yixing and Joonmyeon. He wasn’t sure how to handle the ineptness between him and his partner. The other two waved them a goodbye as soon as they reached Baekhyun’s house. His bestfriend whispered a ‘good luck’ to him that made his hair stand on its end.

The shorter guy let his visitor in his house. Chanyeol took a seat on the couch of the living room. Baekhyun went out from the kitchen with a tray in his hand. He placed the glasses of orange juice and the plates of apple pies on the table in between the couches. But he didn’t join the giant to eat and he paced to his room instead. He was too tongue-tied to tell his visitor that he was just going to change his uniform. Chanyeol on the other hand was just watching him until he entered a room.

 

“What’s happening to me? Where’s the Baekhyun everyone knows? Why am I too gauche around that giant? Aish…” Baekhyun whined as he was slapping his cheeks in front of the mirror. He sat onto his bed and stared at his reflection and he let himself to drown with his thoughts. He stayed like that for quite awhile and soon decided to face Chanyeol at the living room.

 

Chanyeol got the stuffs he needed for their review out from his bag after he had finished his pie and his drink was halfway unfilled. Baekhyun pulled in the living room and smiled at the giant. The latter’s jaws dropped when he saw the shorter guy. He looked so different with the pair of loose panda-printed pajama pants and a plain wifebeater he was wearing than him wearing their school uniform. Chanyeol’s cheeks flushed a deep red. He gulped and eyed his stuffs. He didn’t want Baekhyun to notice him blushing. Gladly, the shorter guy was seemed oblivious with the giant’s eerie reaction.

“Hey. So where should we start?” Baekhyun asked as he at the other couch across Chanyeol. He got his backpack and put his stuffs out to the table. He opened his notes as he took bites on his apple pie. The giant was just staring at him. He was seemingly enjoying the scene. “Hey! Chanyeol I’m talking to you!” Baekhyun’s words weren’t clear. He looked like a squirrel with his puffing cheeks. His mouth was full of pies.

Chanyeol was giggling at the sight. Baekhyun was way too cute for him. “Ahm…” He cleared his throat. “Shall we start with Math, that’s your favorite, right?” He sneered.

“H-How did you know?” Baekhyun said after he sipped on his juice.

“I just know.” The shorter guy frowned at his answer. He wasn’t convincing enough.

“Okay, let’s just start.

 

 

Their assessment was going well, as expected from both top students. Both of them could easily hook up with the topics and the math problems they’d made for each others. They didn’t seem to need any review. They could pass their final exams with their own even if they wouldn’t attend their classes. They really were both genius.

 

The sun was starting to set and the two were both busy finishing their questionnaires when Chanyeol butted in.

“W-Why are you always angry at me?” He whispered. But Baekhyun was just seating half-meter across him and it was not possible that he wouldn’t hear that.

“Huh? He looked straight from his answer sheet. But the giant was still focused on his questionnaires. Baekhyun’s heart was beating faster than it has to be. His hands were sweating. He just can’t understand his body’s reaction. He was suddenly fretting with Chanyeol’s out-of-nowhere query. “M-Me? A-Angry? What?”

Chanyeol finally eyed the shorter guy. The latter put his pen down and stared at the giant. Their eyes met. “Forget it. Sorry.” He smiled before he continued on writing. Baekhyun sighed. He felt like he had just escape from something.

 

Few minutes later, they were finally through with their first review session. They finished earlier than they had expected. Chanyeol began to gather his things back to his bag.

“I’d better go. Thank you Bacon.” His lips curved up.

“Um.” Chanyeol was pacing towards the door. “You can have a dinner here if you want.” He grinned at him.

“Thanks for offering but I’d cost you too much already. And I’m not starving yet.” Chanyeol opened the door and stepped outside. “Bye Bacon. See you!” He bowed.

“You’re too formal.” Baekhyun chuckled. “Okay see you!”

 

 

           

 

                                                            Author’s Note:

                                                                                                              Double update for today!! :D

I’ll post the next chapter latuuuur. ^_^

Super thanks readers!!!

Please do comment. :DDD

                                                                                                                       Keep safe everyone! ♥