Hoping For a Yes

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Thanks again for inviting us over.”

Eunhyuk and Donghae had cooked a small meal for Henry and I since we will be going to Bali for the next one week. The couple only wave and said that it is nothing much. Henry is already asleep in the couple’s room after eating so much pizza. Eunhyuk, Donghae and I are drinking bear in his balcony, talking about random things.  Eunhyuk and Donghae are some of my few closest friends. Ever since my wife died, they had stuck to my side and helped to piece together my broken life. Eunhyuk and Donghae took Henry with them the first month that my wife died so that I could grief and get over my grief as soon as possible. But it took me three months to get myself back. I wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for Eunhyuk and Donghae.

“So you’re going to Bali with your new PA, huh?” Donghae grins. “That’s a surprise.”

“I didn’t want to but I thought of Henry and Henry seems to like Ryeowook a lot so…” I shrug. “I don’t bring my PA’s overseas. You know that.”

“I know, I know. And that’s why I’m surprised.”

“Henry’s been mentioning a lot about the beach recently and what better place than Bali.” I say. “Plus, it’s been ages since I last went overseas with him.”

“It’s been never, Kyu.” Eunhyuk point out. “You’ve never went overseas with Henry ever since she died.”

“Yeah…”

Dead silence all of a sudden. 

“You know, she’d be proud of you if she’s looking down at you right now.” Donghae smile sincerely, breaking the silence.

 “Thanks man.” I smile back and nod and then glance down at my watch. “It’s getting late.”

“I want to get back and look through my notes for the meeting for when we arrive in Bali.”

“Dude, you’ve still got another two days to go. Chill.” Eunhyuk laugh.

I sigh. “I wish I can but this is really a gold opportunity you know? I’ve been waiting for forever to get to expand my business and it’s so close now.”

“I know you’ll do well, Kyu.” Donghae pat my thighs as a sign of comfort.

“Thanks, hyung.”

“Anyway, back to your PA, I’ve never seen him before.” Eunhyuk made a too-suspicious face. “Are you sure he really lives here? You talk about him a lot but I never ever see him.”

“He lives right on the fourth floor. Come on there’s only one house per floor!” I answer.

“Geez, unlike your son, we don’t actually go around and randomly knock on other people’s door for fun.” Donghae muttered.

I laugh at this. “I guess you’re right. Ryeowook’s actually real nice.”

“Hmm?” Eunhyuk grins. “We kind of got that already with you mentioning him to us almost every time you pick Henry up.”

“Do you have a reason why your gums are showing off too brightly like that, hyung?” I narrow my eyes.

“Well my dear dongsaeng, do you have a reason why your cheeks are so flushed right now?”

Ryeowook’s POV

Bali is absolutely beautiful. From the white sands, to the clear blue skies, to the huge palm trees. Bali looks like a paradise. The plane has not even touched down and I am already so excited. I didn’t tell anyone this but I’ve wanted to go to Bali ever since I was a little boy. My parents had their first honeymoon in Bali and I always love hearing their romantic honeymoon adventures they had there. I shift my body uncomfortably and look down at the cause of my discomfort. The cute little kid who I apparently have to babysit is sleeping so peacefully with his head resting against my arms.

Earlier on during flight, Mr. Cho did his work on his laptop while Henry bothered him with lots of silly and cute questions. He kept asking and asking and I thought that I’d be annoyed with them but to say the truth, I really enjoyed listening to his questions and how Mr. Cho answered them. Even though Mr. Cho was busy typing away, he answered his son’s questions with so much humour and love, it was really sweet. After some time Henry got bored and started talking to me, asking me little details about my life and at first, I was really uncomfortable having Mr. Cho listening to us speak.

“What are you reading, hyung?” Henry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter