Falling Deep

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

My head is pounding. It’s aching so badly. Groaning, I try to pry my eyes open only to have to quickly close it back from the brightness all around. Trying again, slowly this time, I open my eyes one at a time. I blink a few times and finally my view became clear and normal. I don’t know where I am. Everything is unfamiliar from the navy blue walls to the amazing comfortable comforter and bed I am on. It’s so comfortable and cooling; I close my eyes, wanting to fall back asleep. I feel like I am in a five-star hotel or something. I sigh and inhale and my breathe stops when I recognize the familiar scent. The pillows… The pillows smell fruity and husky at the same time. They smell like… Like Henry and… And Kyuhyun.

I hear quiet footsteps heading towards me and I pretend to snore softly. Soft fingers touch my cheeks and gently and lovingly caress me. The fingers leave my cheeks after some time and I almost purr, wanting the gentle touch back. I suddenly feel someone kissing my temple and then the lips travel down, so so slowly to my nose and then to my lips, just so briefly. The warmth disappears right after that and I sneakily open my eyes to see who it is.

My heart flutters and skips a beat when I see who it is. It’s Kyuhyun. He’s moving around the room quietly in faded jeans and….. Shirtless. I can feel myself going red and warm as my eyes follows Kyuhyun’s body around. He’s… Folding a shirt? Checking his phone? God, I really don’t know and at this point, I really don’t care. His body is just… Dammit. It’s so embarrassing. But … Everything comes back to me. Everything. When my eyes catch Kyuhyun’s left arms bandaged up. That’s right…. He was bleeding last night.

Because of Yesung.

Because of me.

I had a dream while I was sleeping. I dreamt that…. I dreamt that Yesung and I were happy together. That we had two kids, one boy and one girl, and they were running around chasing each other. Yesung bought all of us ice cream and the kids ate happily, chocolate and vanilla all smeared on their faces. We laughed it off and under the clear beautiful blue skies, Yesung kissed me. In front of our children. And the children giggled away.

It looked so perfect.

But… Will that ever happen? I… Seeing Yesung again.. It brought back those heartbroken feelings. I swore I had them kept away for so long. But… When Yesung came back, all the feelings came back together with him. I loved him. I loved him so much and I’m still hurt as to why he had treated me so poorly. If he didn’t abuse me… We could have had everything.

While Yesung was abusing me last night, I thought of going away. I wanted to run away to somewhere far so that no one could find me. But another part of me… I am embarrassed to say this but another part of me missed his touch and kisses. Back when he used to abuse me, I’d tell myself that he was only doing those things because he loved me. And... Last night… I told myself that again. He loved me and that was why he was hurting me. He wanted to prove a point… Right?

We could get through this right? Yesung and I. He can go to counselling and my scars and wounds can always heal. He’ll love me and there won’t have be any more abusing and any more arguments. We’d be happy. I believe that. I really do.

Kyuhyun puts away something and walks back out of the room. I wish I can hear or see Henry so that I know that he is okay. As Kyuhyun’s footsteps get softer, I take a deep breath and got out of the bed. I need to get out of here. As I tiptoe around the room, trying to find a way to get out of his apartment without him noticing me, I spot a series of pictures hanging on the other side of the room. As I walk closer to it, my heart leaps out of my chest.

“You always have to remember that they worth so much more than your own life. That’s when you know that you’re a good parent. When you’re willing to sacrifice your life for them. You always have to protect them from the world and teach them what’s right and what’s wrong.”

It’s her. My body is trembling. It’s the woman I met at Bali and we talked on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter