Love Always

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Hyung, are you really sure?”

Henry is afraid. With just one look I can already tell. Plus, the fact that he have been doing nothing but asking me this question all day long. It’s nice to finally see him again and my heart feels light when I first spot him safe and sound playing at the playground with Eunhyuk and Donghae. But he’s been worried and scared too and I wish I can do something to assure him that everything is going to be okay.

Even if it’s not.

I will never let Yesung or anyone else for that matter hurt Henry. He is mine and I will protect him with all my life. Henry passes me three plates and I thank him, patting his hair and start to prepare dinner. Kyuhyun went out to the office earlier to get some papers signed and he insists that Henry and I stay at home where he knows that we will at least be safe here. In the meantime while Kyuhyun is away at work, Henry and I decide to make Kimchi fried rice. Of course, I did most of the cooking while Henry… Well…. Henry is just as dangerous in the kitchen as his father.

“Hyung, why are you so sure that that mean man will not come back?” Henry asks again and then shudders. “He’s so scary.”

“I know he is and I’m sorry that he scared you, baby.” I say. “And I’m really one hundred and one percent sure that he is never coming back.”

“Hmm…”

Henry mumbles something and walks away, out of the kitchen. I wonder what this kid is up to but I let it go. Once I am done setting the table and preparing everything for dinner, Henry comes out and hands me a piece of paper. I raise my brows and take it, smiling at his forever cute stick drawings.

“That’s him, hyung!” Henry tells me. “That’s the man that hit you!”

Henry points at him and giggles. “And he’s in jail! I drew him in jail, Wookie hyung!”

I laugh at how Henry finds everything hilarious. He walks back into the room to continue drawing while I take a seat and stare at the picture, suddenly embarrassed at myself. Even a kid, a five year old kid, knew that someone like Yesung deserve to be put behind bars. So why couldn’t I all these while?

You’re mine and if I can’t have you, no one will. 

Did Yesung really mean that? But… What does that even means? Is he… Is he going to hurt me? Or.. Is he going to hurt Kyuhyun? I have yet to tell Kyuhyun about the text and I’m scared to tell Kyuhyun but… If it’s for the safety of him and Henry, I know that I should do it soon.

There’s a sudden knock on the door and I jump to my feet. Henry runs out of the room squealing but I pull him back, putting my finger on my lips signalling him to lower his volume. His expression turns frozen and I kneel down and look him straight in the eye.

“Do me a favour, baby.” I whisper. “Go into the room and come out only when I call your name okay?”

“H… Hyung is… Is it him?” Henry asks, his body shaking.

“It’s not, it’s not.” I kiss Henry’s cheeks to calm him down. “Now go, okay?”

Henry shakes his head and suddenly jumps forward, his arms flying around my neck, squeezing me hard as his tears start to wet my cheeks. “I’m not letting you go, hyung, please don’t go!!”

I’m about to comfort Henry when I hear a familiar voice calling from the other side of the door. My heart jumps at ease. Sighing a deep breath of relief, I pick Henry up and open the door. Kyuhyun’s grin instantly disappears when he sees Henry crying onto my shoulder. He tilts his head and I motion him in, closing the door behind us and making sure that I lock it thrice. I am just that paranoid now.

“Henry sweetheart, what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asks.

Kyuhyun tries to untangle Henry away from me but Henry sobs even louder and pushes his father away, his arms straining the life out of my neck. Kyuhyun looks at me and I look back at him just as confused. I walk towards the living room and settle myself on the couch with Henry still clinging to me. He continues crying into my shoulder and I rub his back, wanting to give him comfort.

“What’s wrong, baby?” I ask. “Are you okay?”

Henry finally looks up at me, his huge eyes so wet and red. “Please don’t… go, hyung.”

“That man will… will hit you again!” Henry cries. “I… I don’t… I don’t want him… Him to hit you!”

Kyuhyun is taken back by this situation. He looks at me with wide eyes and open mouth and I quickly shake my head and touch his thighs, rubbing it.

“I don’t know what happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter