Banana Milkshakes

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 months later

Ryeowook’s POV

“Hyung!! Look at this!!”

Henry drags me to a booth selling banana milkshakes leaving Kyuhyun all alone behind us. His kindergarten is having a food carnival and parents are invited. Each class will have to sell a healthy and easy snack to the parents for charity. Henry’s class is selling banana milkshake.

“Did you make them, Henry?” I ask.

Henry nods proudly. “Hyung! Buy one! Please!”

I pretended to make a pout and Henry makes his famous puppy dog eyes and bites his lips. Grinning I kneel down and tap my cheeks and Henry squeals, jumping forward to hug me tight and then kiss my cheeks.

“Alright, baby. Here you go.” I give him a ten dollar note. “Can I have two banana milkshake please?”

“Two banana milkshakes coming right up!”

Henry giggles and walks happily to his other classmates and teacher who are all busy making banana crepes. It’s so cute seeing a bunch of four and five year olds cutting the banana pieces with plastic colourful spoons. Henry is in charge of the blending station with some of his other friends and with the help of his teacher, he pours the milk and starts blending the milk and banana together with a blender. The kids go crazy when the blender goes off, squealing and gawking at the blender. I and the other parents around the booth laugh at all their cute reactions. Suddenly, I feel someone’s hand sneaking around my waist and quickly look behind to see who it is.

“You scared me.” I smack Kyuhyun’s chest. “Don’t do that.”

“I’m sorry, baby.” Kyuhyun chuckles. “You know I love it when you get scared like that.”

Sticking my tongue out, we both laugh and look back at our Kyuhyun’s son. Ah. Sometimes, it feels like Henry is my own. These past two to three months, the three of us have been spending almost all our time together. Kyuhyun and I will always ride to work together and after work, Kyuhyun will usually pick Henry up from Donghae and Eunhyuk and bring us out for dinner. Or sometimes, I’d volunteer to cook for them and invite them home. On weekends, we spent time hanging around the park, going to the beaches, the zoo, movies, amusement parks or just hanging around my place to catch a movie.

Our relationship has been beautiful. I can only say that. Kyuhyun is not anything like Yesung, even in the slightest bit. Yesung is… impatient and abusive and Kyuhyun is… Kyuhyun is just loveable and kind and gentle and … I can just go on forever and ever, the list is endless. Through these three months, Kyuhyun have done nothing but make me fall in love with him with every passing second. His handsome face and his loving personality, how can anyone ever say no to that?

But… But… That’s the thing, you see. Kyuhyun is perfect, way too perfect. And I wonder if his wife is as perfect as him. I am embarrassed to say this but.. It’s been three months and Kyuhyun still hasn’t open up to me about his wife. He keeps avoiding the topic whenever I try to talk about her and… I just don’t know if he’s doing it for me or if he’s… if he’s not over his wife.

In the past three months, I have never stepped into his apartment. Not even once. I tried suggesting watching a movie at his place instead of mine once and he stuttered, telling me that his DVD player was not working. I know he’s lying but I just let it slide.

Why? I don’t even know. Maybe because I’m already comfortable with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun is safe and right now, safe is the only thing I want and I’m looking for. Kyuhyun makes me fall in love over and over and …. I think I love him? Is it too soon to say I love you? But… A part of me is scared. What if this is all just a one-sided love? What if Kyuhyun still loves his wife? I’m afraid of asking and finding out the truth and I rather just stay here, in this safe little zone. Of course, it’s frustrating, but again, like I said,

It’s safe.

I feel soft hands around my waist, pulling me closer and I smile, looking up at Kyuhyun. He smiles down at me, so handsomely and touches his nose against mine. At that moment, I didn’t care about his wife, I didn’t care about the other parent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter