Best For You

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

I wonder what is going on. Could it be that Henry got in a fight at school? A fight about… Me? But… Henry never gets into fights! The teachers there love Henry and so does all his classmates! Whatever it is, I hope it’s not bad. I don’t think it’s that bad, anyway. Henry is a good kid and I don’t think he’d get into any kind of trouble.

I look back at my work and continue with all the paperwork. Twenty minutes pass and Henry, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun are still inside the office. I’m starting to worry if something really did happen and I hope that if it is anything, Kyuhyun wouldn’t get too mad at Henry. I have a soft spot for that kid and I cannot imagine Kyuhyun getting mad and making him cry. Henry is only four anyway. What do the teachers expect? Kids don’t always behave when they are such a young age.

Checking through Kyuhyun’s emails, there is a few new ones from Kyuhyun’s recent business partner. Kyuhyun had mentioned that he was going to drop an email about the new pictures they had took together for a new brand and Kyuhyun did mention to inform Kyuhyun once the email is in. But… Should I tell him now?

Deciding that it’s nothing, I stand up and head to Kyuhyun’s office. Nearing the door, I notice that the door is not closed properly and it’s slightly open. Walking forward, I froze when I heard Henry mentioning my name. He was sobbing and sniffling too as he continued talking. I heard Kyuhyun’s calm voice then. At least he didn’t sound mad.

“How did he tease you, baby?”

“He… He said…” Henry’s voice croacked. “He said that… That his mummy always cooks him dewicious breakfast and tells him stories before he goes to sleep and I.. I don’t have anyone to do that for me.”

“I tell them that you do that for me but they say it’s only a mummy’s job. They said that I don’t have a mummy and I’m going to grow up all alone!”

 “Tiffany said that Wookie hyung is the reason why mummy didn’t want to come home.” Henry sobs. “I don’t want Wookie hyung! I want mummy!”

Like as if I got hit by an arrow or stab by a knife, my heart dropped. Stumbling back, I walk with heavy steps back to my table. My hands are trembling and I can feel the tears threatening to drop anytime now. He’s just a kid, he’s just a kid.

I try calming myself down, telling myself that Henry is just a kid but… Kids speak the truth. Even if they don’t know what they are talking about, they speak the truth. And what truth to do I still need? Henry still loves his mother. I was never, and will never be in his heart.

And then there’s Kyuhyun. Why didn’t he say anything? Why wouldn’t he tell Henry the truth? I expected to hear a reply from Kyuhyun, I waited for Kyuhyun to defend me but… He didn’t. And it then it hit me again how, I was never and will never be in Kyuhyun’s heart too. Grabbing and shoving my things inside my bag, I decided that I needed some time.

And so, I just left.

________________________________________________________________________________

I’m a mess once I reach my building. I tried to keep away my tears on the cab back home but … I just burst. I don’t know what to feel. My feelings are all over the place and everything just seems to dull and dark.

I promised myself before moving here that all I wanted to do was make enough money and move away. I wanted to keep doing that. Live in different places and worked different jobs. I wanted to live alone and happy. I believed that I could. And then… I had to go and fall for my own boss and his son. And the worst part? I actually believed that I could b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter