Red Alert

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Hey you, good morning.”

Kyuhyun smile sleepily and pull me by my waist, pecking my lips. I really like the way he touches me and kisses me. He treats me so gently, have I ever mention that to you? I pass Kyuhyun a plate of sliced bread and he takes it, thanking me. I bring over his mug of coffee to the table and seat on the opposite side of him.

“How’s Henry?” I ask.

“A lot better. He woke up starving in the middle of the night. I’m sure he’s fine now.” Kyuhyun tells me. “But I think it’s better if we keep him indoors just for another day.”

“Right.” I nod. “I’ll bring him to the beach tomorrow then.”

“You should have woken me up last night. I would have cooked up something for Henry.”

“Aniyo, it’s okay. I didn’t want to disturb you.” Kyuhyun smiles.

“So… Are you having your meeting today with Mr. Choi?” I ask, curious. “It’s really nice of him that he decided to postpone it yesterday.”

“I know right.”

“We’re having the meeting tomorrow. He just wants to bring me around his work places today.”

Once Kyuhyun is done with his breakfast, he brings the plate to the sink, wanting to wash it but I swat away his hands.

“You’ll get your sleeves wet.” I tell him. “I’ll do it.”

“Thanks, Ryeowook.”

I smile and adjust his tie, enjoying every minute of this. Honestly, I like Kyuhyun when he is in casual wear but when he is in formal attire; he just looks so much more handsome. With his broad shoulders and amazing body, he’s just killing the office look. Not being able to resist it, I tiptoe and give him another peck on his lips. Kyuhyun grins and pulls me closer, whispering into my ears.

“Have I mentioned to you how much I really like this?”

____________________________________________________________________

“Henry, what are you doing?”

I call out to Henry who is busy drawing out in the balcony. The day with him had been pretty easy, just like before. I didn’t know why I was even so scared of kids in the first place. Henry is a sweetheart and being with him makes me laugh more than I ever have in the past few years. Walking out to the balcony, I look at Henry’s drawings. There are four stick figures and some clouds. Henry is colouring the background blue and I wonder if he’s colouring the sea.

“What’s that, honey?” I ask.

“Hmmm..” Henry mumbles. “I’m drawing the beach, hyung!”

“That’s me, papa, mummy and you!”

Henry points to each stick figure. I cannot help but wonder why Henry draws his mother a little further away from the other three stick figures. But still, my heart aches for this boy. I still don’t know what happen with his mother, but what I know is that he still loves his mother so much.

“Why is your mummy standing there, Henry?”

Henry brightens. “Mummy’s not here! She’s busy so she’s not here. “

“I’m giving this to her when he comes back, hyung!”

“So that she will know that we are thinking of her when we’re having fun!”

Oh. This little boy. He knows the exact words to say to get my heart doing unreasonable flip flops. I didn’t know why but I felt a pang of jealousy hit me. Kyuhyun’s wife…. She’s dead right? I don’t know a single thing about his wife. For all I know, Kyuhyun might be cheating on his wife with me! My gosh. What have I done?

“Henry…. Where did mummy go?” I ask, afraid of the answer.

Henry stops drawing and looks up at me with so much hope in his eyes. “I don’t know, hyung. Papa says that mummy is doing angel duty.”

“An… ngel duty?”

“Yup! And she won’t be home for a long time. Mummy is an angel and she needs to take care of old people before she can come home.”

“But papa always tell me that she’ll come back home soon.” Henry beams. “I can’t wait!”

I Henry’s hair, not knowing what to say. Angel duty? Doesn’t it mean that Kyuhyun’s wife is… Dead? I sit next to Henry and watch him continue colouring on his art piece. Between the stick figures, he only added extra details on his mother’s stick figure and left the rest of us plain. He added a pink skirt and long hair on his mother.

I can’t help but wonder how beautiful his mother really is.

________________________________________________________________

 “Hyung, where are we going? I’m so hungry.”

Henry w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter