I'm Sorry

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

Look at that. Just look at that. I feel like a prevent staring at Ryeowook like that but damn… He looks so cute and hot. Tiptoeing, I wonder if it’s a bad idea sneaking in his room like this but I decide against it. Setting the tray aside, I grin and sat on the bed softly. I want to wake him up but looking at him, just sleeping so peacefully like that, makes me just want to stare at him all day.

Ryeowook suddenly jerks in his sleeps and his eyebrows and forehead start to crease. He starts moving and turning and I can him mumbling something in a panicked voice.

“No, please, no.”

Ryeowook starts thrashing on his bed and I quickly grab his arms to wake him up from his nightmare. Ryeowook is sweating terribly now and his mumbles get louder and clearer.

“Ryeowook, are you okay? Wookie, wake up, honey.” I call out.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!”

Ryeowook’s eyes widens as he sits up straight in his bed, panting heavily. His red eyes travel quickly and uncertainly around the room and when the find mine, he relaxes and crawls out of his blanket towards me. Ryeowook clings onto me, his body still a trembling mess. I hug him and let him lean against my body and both of us just sit there in the middle of his bed, our backs against the headboard. I rub slow circles on Ryeowook’s arms and soon, he finally stops trembling.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers. “It was a bad dream.”

I nod. “Do you want to talk about it?”

Ryeowook hesitates and looks up, straight into my eyes. His eyes are uncertain but I can see that he’s trying to hide something. He shakes his head and brushes his lips against mine for the lightest kiss.

“I don’t want to.”

________________________________________________________________

Ryeowook and I have been indoors almost the whole day. We talked, giggled, kissed, ate and then kissed again. It truly felt like a romantic vacation. Earlier on, I had planned to make Ryeowook breakfast in bed. Last night at the carnival, he really made my day telling Siwon off in the most sweetest and cutest way possible. I don’t think I will ever forget the way his eyes twinkled with a hint of mischief while he said that.

“Did you really mean it?” I had asked last night when we arrived home. “Just us three?”

Ryeowook grinned and winked. “I’m only doing this for Henry.”

He made me stay up all night, grinning like a food and when I saw the sunrise, I thought of the only thing I could. I wanted to surprise him with breakfast in bed. Waking up Henry, both of us headed to a nearby store to pick up ingredients for our mastermind surprise for Ryeowook. Henry was excited but he was even more excited when he saw a bunch of kids learning to rollerblade around a small park. After much persuading and his annoyingly addictive aegyo act, I finally agreed to enrol him in the one-day class.

As much as I didn’t like my son away, I kind of liked that I had the day with Ryeowook. Calling Siwon, I faked the worst cold I could and there you have it, how Ryeowook and I ended up indoors making out like teenage kids for the whole day.

Deciding that we had spent too much time indoors, we decided to put on our slippers and walk down the beach.

“I really wanted to bring Henry out to the beach today.” Ryeowook pouted. “You ruined my plans.”

“You can just bring me out instead.” I joked. “Henry can wait tomorrow.”

“Meanie.”

Ryeowook’s laugh is the most addictive sound in the world. I walk to the water and playfully splash some sea water at him. Ryeowook screams and tries to avoid the water but I continue splashing water at him. Ryeowook pouts like a little boy and decides to run into the water, attacking me. Both of us lose our balance and we fall into the sea. Laughing and giggling, we help each other up and decide to seat on the sand.

It’s automatic. Ryeowook leans into me and I spoon him and it’s the most comfortable feeling in the world. His body fits perfectly against mine and I wonder if that has to mean something. Ryeowook is so small against me and it makes me want to hold him and protect him forever. We seat there, enjoying the sunset quietly, the silence around us not at all awkward. It felt right.

It just felt right.

Ryeowook takes my hands in his and kisses each finger so slowly, so sweetly. It’s random but just the act itself makes my heart flutter.

“Kyu,” Ryeowook whispers.

“Hmm?”

“Tell me about your wife.”

I freeze. At the mention of her name, all the guilt and pain came back to life. All this time, being with Ryeowook felt like I was living in a fantasy, a dream. Now, at the mention of my wife, my heart starts to jump. I want to tell Ryeowook everything about her. I want to tell Ryeowook every little detail of her. But… I don’t want to talk about my wife. Because if I did… If I did…

I will never stop.

If I started talking about my wife, I’d fall in love with her all over again.

Going stiff, I cleared my throat. Ryeowook doesn’t have to know everything about her. He just has to know that she’s gone. That’s right. Ryeowook doesn’t have to know that I love her so freaking much I worked three jobs to buy her the diamond ring she wanted so much. Ryeowook doesn’t have to know that she and I were high-school sweethearts and we promised eternity with each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter