Silence

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

Dark clouds, flashes of lightning everywhere. I don’t know where I am but I feel something in my hands. I am holding a knife, covered in blood. I throw the knife away as far as I can and I feel myself start to shiver. My hands are all all red and I’m sweating like a pig. I look around but I don’t know where I am. It’s dark, way too dark. I don’t like the dark.

I’m afraid of the dark.

I start running, I just run and run. I hear footsteps behind me and I’m scared to look behind. It sounds like someone is chasing me and as much I try to run as fast as I can, the footsteps start getting nearer and nearer. I feel someone grabbing my shoulders and I spin around, shocked.

“NO!!”

I clutch onto my shirt and try to calm myself down. I was just dreaming. But boy, I’m sweating like a pig. I wipe the sweat off my forehead and peel the blankets off me. I glance at the clock on the wall and my heart jumps out of my chest. I’m so late for work!!!

I dash like mad to the bathroom and wash myself up, feeling so disgusting. I brush my teeth so hard and fast that I accidentally scrape my gum. I curse out loud and spit out blood. I rinse a few times and feel my swollen gums. It’s going to hurt like a the whole day. I don’t even make breakfast as I just zoom straight out, locking the doors. I keep pressing the elevator button and when it’s taking too long, I almost decide to run down the stairs when the elevator finally dinged. Ah! Thank god! But as the doors open, I freeze.

“Ryeowook?”

Oh my god. Oh my god. It’s Mr. Cho! My own boss! Oh no! Mr. Cho looks just as shock as I look. I step into the elevator and pinch the bridge of my nose.

“I’m sorry I’m late, Mr. Cho. I know I’m supposed to be at work now but I just overs-”

“Hi there!”

I stop talking, realizing that Mr. Cho and I are not the only people in this lift. Henry steps out behind Mr. Cho and beams so brightly at me. Look at this kid, so happy and perky early in the morning, I automatically smile at his happy-go-lucky attitude. This kid is starting to grow on me. I like him.

“Hi Henry.” I wave.

And then I remember that I’m late and I am in the lift with his father, Mr. Cho, aka my boss. I quickly look up to Mr. Cho again and he’s smiling. I’m so scared. Is he mad at me but just pretending to smile in front of Henry?

“I’m really really sorry, Mr. Cho. I know I’m supposed to be at work one hour ago but I just overslept and I know that’s not a good-”

“Relax, Ryeowook. It’s fine.” Mr. Cho chuckles and then winks.

“At least now you’ll have to say yes to riding to work with me, right?”

______________________________________________________________________

Mr. Cho doesn’t head to work straight away. First, we head to a nearby restaurant and Mr. Cho insists that I join him and Henry for breakfast. Mr. Cho orders us bacon and eggs and scrambled eggs for Henry and we seat at a nearby table. It’s weird suddenly being thrown into this situation.

“Do… Do you do this every day, Mr. Cho?” I ask out of curiosity.

“Deh.” He nods. “We eat breakfast here and then I send Henry off to nursery before I go to work.”

“Sometimes Papa makes pancakes too at home but it always tastes yucky!” Henry rolls his tongue out.

Mr. Cho laughs and ruffles Henry’s hair. “Hey! You said I was the best cook in the world.”

“Mummy’s the best cook in the world, papa!” Henry laughs. “Not you!”

There it is again. It’s the second time Henry mentions about his mother in front of me and in both times, Mr. Cho’s face changes drastically. He’s always smiling when he’s with his son but at the mention of his wife, Mr. Cho’s handsome smile just disappears in a blink of an eye. He starts staring into space and his eyes just turn so dull and sorrow. I feel sorry for him. I still don’t know the story of Mr. Cho’s family but whatever it is; it must be really hard for him. Wanting to brighten up the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter