Kiss Away

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

I really don’t know what to say. Henry is waiting, Eunhyuk is waiting but I just really don’t know what to say. Henry got in a fight at school earlier today. Henry, this little innocent boy, was caught biting and hitting his classmates. This is a first. Henry never does that! Ever! Henry is one of those students the teachers will always praise and give compliments and he is everybody’s best friend in his class. This is really… Ah, how do I react to this?

And worst, the whole cause of him hitting and biting his friends was about Ryeowook. Apparently, the kids at his school kept making fun of him having Ryeowook as his mother and Henry got defensive and mad, stating that he already had a mother. And then one thing led to another and here we are.

“Henry, I’m mad.” I say. “I’m really mad and disappointed in you.”

Henry doesn’t want to speak. Instead, he folds his arms and looks away from me. Eunhyuk, who is leaning against my table, staring at Henry, chuckles and shakes his head. Henry is cute, he is really cute when he’s excited and he can be really cute when he’s mad too. Right now, it’s obvious that he’s trying to be cute. He knows he is and he takes advantage of that especially to others.

“Talk to me.” I demand. “Tell me what happened.”

Henry finally looks back at me and takes a deep dramatic breath. Then he starts rambling and I have to lean forward to try to understand what he’s trying to say. When Henry tries to talk fast, he ends up mispronouncing some words and … Okay, I cannot help but chuckle.

“Slow down there, kid.” Eunhyuk says. “We can’t understand you.”

“Start from the beginning, Henry.”

Henry sighs. “Taemin started it! He keeps saying that my mummy is a boy! He keeps saying that mummy is Wookie hyung! Wookie hyung is just a hyung! He’s not my mummy!!”

“Then Tiffany say that you don’t love mummy anymore, papa. Because you love Wookie hyung and you can only love one person only. I keep telling them that you love mummy but they won’t believe me!! I got so mad and… And I pushed her.”

 “Then why did you bite Minho?” Eunhyuk asks.

“He said that I don’t have a mummy anymore and he kept making fun of me.”

Softening, I ask. “How did he tease you, baby?”

“He… He said…” Henry’s eyes start to tear up now. “He said that… That his mummy always cooks him dewicious breakfast and tells him stories before he goes to sleep and I.. I don’t have anyone to do that for me.”

“I tell them that you do that for me but they say it’s only a mummy’s job. They said that I don’t have a mummy and I’m going to grow up all alone!”

Standing up, I walk to the other side of the table and lean against it next to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk exchanged glances with me and he looks really sympathetic of this whole situation. I reach out my hands to my son and wipe away his tears.

“Tiffany said that Wookie hyung is the reason why mummy didn’t want to come home.” Henry sobs. “I don’t want Wookie hyung! I want mummy!”

I am at loss for words. How do I answer this? I look at Eunhyuk and he looks just as lost as I am. Henry waits with wide eyes and looks from Eunhyuk to me, waiting. Carrying my son up, I settle him on my laps and kiss his hair.

“Baby, Wookie hyung doesn’t have anything to do with mummy not coming home.” I whisper. “Mummy won’t be coming home for a long time now, honey.”

“Then why did they say that about Wookie hyung, papa?” Henry hugs me. “I’m so confused.”

“They’re jealous.”

“They’re zeajous?” Henry asks, tilting his head.

“Jea-lous.” Eunhyuk repeats and Henry laughs.

“They’re jealous because Wookie hyung is cool and sweet and they wish that Wookie hyung is theirs instead of yours.” I tell my son. “And they’re jealous because Wookie hyung loves you so much, even more than how their mummies love them.”

“Wookie hyung loves you just like a mother does. You can never get any other better hyung that him, Henry.” Eunhyuk then winks. “Except maybe me and Hae hyung.”

“But you’re not hyungs!” Henry giggles. “You’re ajjushis!”

“Yah!”

I smile and ruffle Henry’s hair. “I never want you to say that again, alright baby? Wookie hyung loves you and if he hears you saying things like about him, he wouldn’t like that.”

Henry nods. “I love Wookie hyung too.”

“I know you do, baby.” Kissing Henry’s hair, I sigh. “I do too.”

“But all that aside, I’m still mad that you hit and bit your friends.” I scold. “I never want you to do that again, you understand me?”

“But papa, what if they-”

“If they say mean things about mummy or Wookie hyung or even anyone else, you just tell them that it’s mean and tell them that Santa doesn’t like mean people.” Eunhyuk says.

“Okay!” Henry grins. “Santa loves me!”

“Yes, he does.” Glancing at my watch, I set Henry back on the ground. “Now go and find Wookie hyung and tell him to pack up. We’re going off in five minutes.”

 “Where are we going, papa?”

“I heard that Spiderman came out in the cinemas last week. Let’s go and catch it now, shall we?”

“Yay!!!” Henry jumps and runs out of the office.

 “Oh? You’re already ending work?” Eunhyuk asks. “It’s only three though.”

Stretching, I groan. “I want to spend time with Henry. He had a pretty rough day.”

“Life’s easy when you’re the boss, huh?”

“Sometimes I wish it is, Hyuk.” Shaking my head. “Boss or not, life is never easy.”

Eunhyuk is about to say something when Henry comes running back in. But it isn’t with Ryeowook, it’s with Sungmin.

“Mr. Cho, Ryeowook already went home.” Sungmin says.

“He said that he wasn’t feeling too well.”

____________________________________________________________________________

“Papa, why isn’t Ryeowook hyung answering the door?”

Henry asks, worried. We have been trying to knock on his door for almost five minutes now but there is no answer. Shaking my head, I take out my phone to give Ryeowook a call. No answer again. Ah, seriously. It isn’t like Ryeowook to just walk out of work without informing me first. As a boss, I am mad. As his boyfriend, I am worried and mad.

“Hyung, please open the door.” Henry begs cutely as he continues knocking.

Henry looks so sad and guilty. I think he feels that this is all a part of his fault. Henry wouldn’t stop asking me if Ryeowook is angry with him while we drove home earlier on when he cannot find Ryeowook anywhere in the office. My ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter