Clarity

Until I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun and Hyoyeon were seated opposite each other on a table inside the covenience store. In front of them was the vanilla ice cream Sehun bought, but no one had the courage to eat. The two just stared blankly into space. No one wanted to talk. The whole store was silent.

Sehun cleared his throat, "I-- I-- heard everything."

Hyoyeon answered nervously, "Sehun, it's--"

"I understand."

Hyoyeon froze with those words from him. She looked up to him, trying to grasp what he was thinking. Was he mad? Discouraged? Disappointed? Sad?

Sehun sighed, "You do know how much I really like you. Though you might think that I'm just being friendly and all," he sighed, "I didn't have the courage to tell you this before. I thought that if we stayed as friends, everything will be alright. So I kept everything to myself. I was thinking that, you'll forever stay by my side."

Hyoyeon bit her lip in frustration.

"But when I learned that Kim Jongin likes you too, I felt scared. I was afraid that he might take you away from me. So I decided to compete for you," Sehun continued, "I thought that I'll have the upper hand since we're friends."

Hyoyeon closed her eyes tightly. She wanted to have an out-of-body eperience, because every word coming out of him stabs her to death.

"But everytime I see you with him, you were always smiling. You enjoy his company, don't you?" Sehun smiled.

Hyoyeon gulped.

"I used to believe that if you love someone, letting them go is the most stupid thing you can do," Sehun gazed at her, "But I realized that doing the most stupid thing might be good for everyone."

Tears fell on Hyoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter