II;

Sweeter Than Fiction

 

~Chapter two~


"What am I supposed to do by knowing your name?" Jiyong replied, he knew he sounded childish, but who cared how he sounded? He wasn't particularly known for being polite. 

"Are you always this angry?" Chaerin asked innocently. "Is that why you're here? I-I mean, your anger issues got in the way and you lost contro"

"Can you please..." Jiyong held his hand up. Force of a habit, "just.... Shut up?" he whispered harshly and slammed his back to the pillows, immediately regretting it, since it hurt every where. "Ah" he winced and crouched his back. "!"

"Mr. Kwon, a-are you okay?" Chaerin called out from her bed, preparing to step out of it, in case he needed help.

"Don't!" Jiyong answered, holding his index finger up. "I'm fine." wincing as he shifted his position, he touched his forehead, a throbbing pain emerging from the left scalp. "d-do you, by chance have any medication for a head ache?"

Chaerin shook her head and replied a weak. "No." Soon she pulled the sheets over herself and adjusted her pillows. 

Jiyong watched the girl turning and twisting in her bed, making the bed creak with a springy-metallic sound. Did I offend her or something? He wondered, the way she replied contradicted the energy she had before. Shaking away these thought and taking deep breaths he rubbed his temples with his fingers, when unconsciously, his eyes landed on the girl, he immediately looked away as she turned around, facing his direction. He quickly closed his eyes shut as if he'd not been watching her every movement.

She kicked the sheets off and stood up. Jiyong unwittingly gulped nervously. I-Is she angry? He thought, crazy assumptions flooding his mind, he clenched the sheets with his hand tightly, expecting a blow. Suddenly, a rather annoying sound (T/N all sounds makes him annoyed) reached his ears and he opened his eyes to find her pulling the curtain between them. 

"Goodnight Mr. Kwon."

 

 

Almost 30 minutes had passed since Chaerin pulled the curtain, but her constant huffing and puffing while shifting her position for the umpteenth time. It was enough for Jiyong realize she couldn't sleep as well.

"You know.... Me?" Jiyong whispered quietly as he turned around carefully to face the girl, with the translucent material hanging between them. A nurse had come a few minutes earlier to turn the lights off.

"Hmm?" a ruffling sound followed the weak hum. Since he couldn't see anything, he listened intently. When he heard nothing more, he asked again.

"You called me 'Mr. Kwon' earlier. You know me?" he asked again. Although he wasn't sure why he was asking. Of course she'd know him. He's been on the front page of Harpers' Bazaar, Vogue, The celebrity, Men's style, name all the magazines in South east Asia. He was even named the most sought after bachelor, the youngest entrepreneur and so on.

"No." came her reply and Jiyong lifted his head a little in surprise. She said NO? Is this even possible? He wasn't being boastful or an airhead. It just seemed a little off, that she didn't know him, everyone did. I'm the owner of the hospital you're staying in God dammit! "I just heard Dr. Go call you like that." she said. Quickly clearing as if she had something to add.

 Ah! Maybe she's about to apologize because she lied.

"I'm sorry."

 

She does know me.

 

"Why?" Jiyong asked, although he kind of already knew why.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop." she added. Again, she managed to surprise him.

Apologizing for eavesdropping? Wow! His earlier petty thoughts escaped him as he smiled for the first time after gaining consciousness.

"It's okay." he replied, unsure what to say next. He didn't usually do small talks, but well, he'd have to spend more than two weeks here, better to make a friend than an enemy. Who knows she might kill me in my sleep?

But deep inside he knew, she'd never do that. She just seemed..... Different.

In a good way.

"Call me Jiyong." he prompted. "J-Jiyong Oppa." What the am I saying? She looked younger than him probably 3 years younger? He couldn't tell. And besides, he always wanted to be called an Oppa. She seemed like a sister material. He wouldn't mind her calling him like that, unlike those whiny,fail-aegyo girls who shoved their s on his face to get his attention.

"Jiyong Oppa..." Chaerin murmured, a smile taking over her lips.

She too wanted to call someone oppa, ever since.......

Pushing the grim memories away she repeated the name over and over in her mind, a full smile taking over her lips.

Little did they know.

They shared their first smile for the day..... All because of the each other.

 

 

* * *

 

 

"Oh God! What the fu" Jiyong groaned as he covered his eyes with his arm and squint. "What're you doing?" he barked, pulling the sheets up to his head and whining like a child, grumbling under his breath about the pain in his ribs and his lack of sleep the previous night

"You swear a lot." Chaerin said, opening the blinds, celebrating the bright rays for the first time since the last two weeks of non-stop raining. "It's 7 already." she continued as she closed her eyes and let the warmness from the sun embrace her face . "It's time for the breakfast."

"So what?" Jiyong snarled, irritation perfectly detectable in his voice. Just when his thoughts about her started changing. She just had to disturb his sleep. The most blessed thing to him. Didn't she know anything about the kind of pain he was going through. The stiches on his legs and arms stung, the weird case around his ribs were making him itchy. Out of annoyance he almost ordered her to bring his early morning coffee to get rid of her, like he always did with his maids but bit his tongue as he realized he wasn't home. Perfect. He bitterly thought. He'll have to manage on his own.

"Hey! You." he called, purposely avoiding to say her name. Calling someone by their name forms an attachment, that was what he usually said. Just as she looked at him, the door creaked and a smartly dressed Jaehyun entered, a nurse following him from behind.

"Good morning sir." Jaehyun bowed. Again. Moving aside to let the nurse approach Jiyong beside his bed, pushing a food trolley. "Your breakfast."

Jiyong's eyes wandered over the food displayed before him and tched. "I thought you knew I like my Salmon Salad cold." he pointed at the plate. "I can still see the steam from the meat."

"It was prepared especially for you sir. I'm sorry if it isn't up to your standards. My apologies." Jaehyun inclined his head before tipping his chin up, giving the nurse a signal to re-prepare the whole tray. "It may take just a moment." he smiled and stepped forward to set the bed to a sitting position, pulling the food table up.

"How was your night sir? Was it uncomfortable? Should I ask for a bed replacement? More pillows? Or"

The sound of a metal screeching the floor reached their ears and both whipped their heads up to look at the source. Chaerin held the IV pole as she pushed it with her left hand, the other already on the door knob. Returning his attention to his boss, Jaehyun cleared his throat and continued.

"Yes sir... I was sayin"

"Where're you going?" Jiyong called out as he stared at the girl, who turned her head to look at him, completely ignoring Jaehyun.

"Breakfast." she said and opened the door.

"Huh?" Jiyong tilt his head in confusion. "Why?" he glanced at Jaehyun, then back to Chaerin.

"Um, sir" Jaehyun raised his palm to get his attention and when he did. He continued, but in a lower volume, loud enough to be heard by Jiyong only. "I assume she's heading to the Cafeteria. They have their breakfast there. The ordinary patients." Jaehyun hadn't meant harm by saying the word, but it was the only way he could convey the message to Jiyong clearly.

"Wh" his sentence got cut short as he heard a click at the door, the girl already out of sight. Glancing at the empty space, he turned to his secretary with a serious face.

"Why don't the staff just deliver the breakfast at their beds?" he asked.

"It's not a catering servic" noticing the serious expression on Jiyong, he swallowed. "I didn't know about it either sir." Jaehyun answered regretfully, lowering his head.

"Take care of it." Jiyong said dryly, staring at the empty bed beside him.

"Consider it done." Jaehyun said, plastering a smile on his wrinkling face. "Anything else you want sir?"

Jiyong was reminded of his thoughts about yesterday, changing his room to get rid of the girl.

Something inside him told him not to. Listening to his 'inner voice' for the first time he closed his eyes he sighed.

"I do....." he said, "But it's not something you can give."

Jaehyun winced, taking it the wrong way. He knew his boss and his activities. Being a devoted husband and a father, all those things disgusted him, although one side of him always hoped for his boss's behaviour to change. Jaehyun cleared his throat awkwardly and stood up, suddenly feeling bad for his boss's roommate, he faked a smile and bowed before he left with a weird and uncomfortable feeling. Youngsters these days. He thought bitterly, shaking his head.

Jiyong stared at his secretary and made a face.

"What's wrong with him?" he murmured to himself.

What he needed was nothing but......

 

A shower.

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Author's note:

The ending though. Haha! Sorry if you expected something else. xP
Just 1 chapter and 3 upvotes already? THANK YOU!!!!  *Woot woot*

 

But I’m confused, Argh! I don't know if this story will go as planned. ( regarding the chapter count) it might be 10-15 chapters? Idk.

I want my characters to develop slowly and gradually. I can't make up my mind! *help*

Not much interaction yet but... C'mon! They live in the same room and will be sharing it for more than 2 weeks. Of course there'll be interactions in the future. Just... Hang on tight. *wink*

My A/N's are always so long. Forgive me......

 

With love

E