Start of Something New

A Thousand Fireflies

 

“What are you doing here?”  Yunho asked.

 

“I want to see her so bad...can I have a minute with her?”  Jaejoong queried in a very calm tone.

 

“She’s not here right now...she went out with her friends...”  Yunho made up excuses so Jaejoong would leave her sister alone.

 

“Please...I know she’s there...I just want to talk to her...”  Jaejoong begged.

 

“What for?” 

 

Little did he know that Hyun-Ae was just standing behind the door and listening to their conversation.

 

“Of all people, you should be the one to understand that my sister shouldn’t be exposed to lots of stress...”  Yunho continued.  “You know she’s pregnant and just by seeing you...I know she would always remember that day she made that mistake that changed everyone’s life now...”

 

Jaejoong begged on his knees.  “Hyun-Ae~ah...I know you can hear me...I know you hate me right now...Go ahead, hate me all you want....but please tell me when you’re done...cause i’ll be right here, I promise I’ll wait...”  Yunho tried to pull him up but the latter refused to.

 

Yunho left Jaejoong alone and went inside the house to see a crying Hyun-Ae.

 

“Oppa, am I that bad?”  Hyun-Ae asked, wiping her tears dry.  Yunho put her in a warm embrace.  “Shhhh...no one’s at fault here my dear sister.  I’m pretty sure no one specifically meant to hurt anyone...Now, I’m letting you decide...if you open that door and let him come in, it will change a lot of things...it may be for the betterment of everyone involved...but no one knows what may happen next...all I know is that you need to release all that anger you have inside...and forgive those persons who have hurt you most...”

“I’ll be in my room if you need me...okay?”  Yunho smiled and softly kissed her cheek.

 

An hour passed by, Hyun-Ae was still standing behind the door.  Once in a while, she peeks on the window to check on him and found him still in the same position where Yunho have left him.  She admired his courage, his patience, his caring attitude, his strength that night when he came to save her.  All of these were running inside her head, and little by little those things made a space inside her heart for forgiveness.  For accepting, that cutting him out of her life would do no good.  He is still the father of her babies and no one could ever replace him.

 

“Yah!”  The first word she uttered, turning the knob and opening the door.

 

“Hyun-Ae~ah!!!”  Jaejoong’s eyes went wide open.  He didn’t know what to do or what to say first.  His mouth was dried up and all he can do was to stare at her.  He didn’t even notice that he was still kneeling in front of her.

 

“Get up! You might catch cold...”  Hyun-Ae said turning her back and leaving the door wide open for Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong tried to stand up slowly but his legs got numb after prolonged kneeling.

 

“Hyun-Ae~ah...”

 

“What?”

 

“Can you help me here?  My legs are kinda numb and tingly...I couldn’t stand up...”  Jaejoong let out his cute doe eyes that every girl is dying to see, but that doesn’t seem to work for Hyun-Ae.

 

“Aish! Wait for me here... I’ll call Oppa to help you...”

 

“No! I can do this on my own...”  He used his arms to pull himself up.  He was able to get up but he still wasn’t stable on his feet.  He tried to take one step using his right foot and then he tried to land his tingly left foot onto the ground, but he loss his balance and was about to fall off when a hand caught his arm.

 

“Be careful!”  Hyun-Ae scowled.

 

“Thanks!” Jaejoong beamed a smile.

 

Hyun-Ae assisted him inside the house until they reached the couch.  She inhaled one forceful breath and then asked, “Do you want anything?  Coffee, tea, juice?”

 

“I’m fine...I’m just here to talk to you in PRIVATE...”  Jaejoong emphasized the word cause he felt someone was eavesdropping.

 

“FINE!  Just make sure to not hurt my sister... or else...”  Yunho was cut off, “ARASO!! Or else you’ll break my neck...” Jaejoong completed the sentence for him.

 

Hyun-Ae smiled at the corner of and Jaejoong thought it was the best scenery he had that day.  He was amazed on how she could make him fall over and over and again.  One simple smile that could make his heart flutter and make his knees wobble.

 

“Are your legs feeling better now?”  She asked trying to change the mood.

 

“Yeah...feels so much better...”  He replied, and then there was a minute of silence, a minute of awkwardness.  He wants to be the one to say something first, but he couldn’t utter a single word.  Hyun-Ae on the other hand felt tongue-tied as well.

 

Suddenly a voice broke their silence...

“YAH!! JAEJOONG~AH! Are you just going to sit there and say nothing?”  Moonbin scowled.  “It’s past 9 p.m. and my sister needs a lot of sleep...so you better hurry!”

 

“I know...”  *Aish! Is there anybody here who understands the meaning of “Privacy”?*

 

“Moonbin, go upstairs...Yunho oppa has something for you...”  Hyun-Ae said.

 

“So sorry for that...”  Hyun-Ae apologized sincerely.  “Where were we again?”

 

“Ehem...”  Jaejoong cleared his throat but Hyun-Ae was able to speak first.  “Thank you...for saving me the other night...I haven’t got the chance to say my sincere gratitude for what you did...”

 

“No worries...I promise I will always be here for you...if it wasn’t for me, coming into your life...I bet you’d still be that simple laid-back girl with the most beautiful smile...I’m so sorry for taking those smiles away...”

 

“Well it was partly my fault too...if I didn’t drink that much I would have probably thought more straight that night...I’m sorry too for getting you involved with this situation, I know it’s hard for you too...and please say my apologies to Tiffany as well...”

 

“Tiffany and I were done for good...I haven’t seen here lately...I doubt if she would listen to me but I’ll try to relay your message when I see her...”

 

“ Sad to hear that...was it because of me and the babies?”  Hyun-Ae wish she’d just kept shut.

 

“No...well yeah...but...”  Jaejoong couldn’t find the right words to begin with.  “We’ve been together for years now...but just recently I realized that I didn’t really love her...and it was you who made me see the difference between companionship and love...”

“Jaejoong...”

 

“I know...you love him very much...and I wouldn’t doubt that one bit...but please just let me love you...”

 

“Jaejoong...”

 

“I don’t  care if you don’t feel the same way...I don’t even mind if you use me or abuse me...if that’s the only thing I could do to bring back your genuine smile, then I’ll do it without thinking twice...”

 

“You know I’m not capable of doing such...” Hyun-Ae retorted back.

 

“Please let me take care of you until he comes back...” Jaejoong uttered sincerely.  “I just couldn’t stay still and do nothing, especially now that you need someone to hold onto.”

 

“And knowing Tiffany...she won’t accept defeat so easily...she might come back and hurt you...and I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something bad happens to you...”

 

Hyun-Ae extends her hand and place on top of Jaejoong’s.  “Thank you...for being such a good friend...and thank you for giving me the chance to bear such wonderful angels...”

 

“My angels too...”  Jaejoong smiled back holding onto Hyun-Ae’s hand.  “Wait a second....”

 

“What?”

 

“Whoa, did I hear it right?”  Jaejoong’s eyes went wide open again in shock, his mouth agape.

 

“What?” 

“You said angels right? Or am I just having auditory hallucinations here?”  Jaejoong cracked a joke.

 

“Yes... you heard it right...I’m having TWINS!”  She let out a smile as a way of starting a friendship.

 

*end of chapter*

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As promised, an update...more scenes for Hyun-Ae and Jaejoong....

Thank you all so much for the support...^_^