Twins

A Thousand Fireflies

The sun shines brightly signaling of a new day. What happened last night was too much to handle but with my brothers around, no matter how silly they are sometimes, they’ll be my source of strength from now on. After a refreshing shower, I changed to my comfy clothes and went downstairs. There I saw mom, preparing for breakfast with Yunho oppa sipping on his cup of coffee.

 

“Goodmorning Mom!” I said, taking the seat next to Yunho. I wasn’t expecting a response from her but she smiled back sweetly and hugged me from behind. “Goodmorning sweetie! How’s your sleep?” She asked. “Thanks to Yunho oppa and Moonbin, I slept soundly…” I answered back with a smile.

 

“You almost kicked me out of the bed!” Yunho complained. “YAH! Who told you to sleep in my bed in the first place?” I glared back. “Your bed is more spacious than mine…” I hissed.

 

“Aish! We haven’t seen for years and now you don’t want Oppa to sleep on your bed? I missed you so much that I want to hug you all night…” He let out his famous pout that no one could resist. “YAH! OPPA! You’re all grown up! Why are you acting like a kid?” I hit his arm playfully and then he pinched my cheeks hard.  “OPPA! It hurts!”

 

“YAH! Stop bickering you two!” Mom chuckled and went back to cooking.

 

“Umma…” I mumbled while smearing the syrup on the pancake. “I’m sorry…I know you and dad are very disappointed in me…if only I could bring back the time, I will…but I couldn’t so the least I can do now is to apologize for what I’ve done…” Tears were about to escape when umma held my hand tight. She turned me to face her and said, “I know what you feel…cause I’ve been through the same situation before…” She stared deep in my eyes. “I had Yunho when I was 18…I was matured enough at that time but I wasn’t ready to be a mom…I have goals that I want to achieve and I thought that having a child would interfere on my ambitions in life…I was confused and thought of getting rid of the baby…” She said, with her eyes moist from tears but she tried to hold them back.

 

“Umma…” I placed my free hand on my mouth. I didn’t know Mom could think of such thing. And with Yunho oppa beside me, it must be really hard for him to hear it.

 

“Oppa…” I mumbled looking back at Yunho. But his expressions didn’t change which left me dumbfounded.

 

“Mom already told me about it so you don’t have to worry…since that day, I loved her even more for keeping me in this world…” Yunho said, giving me a reassuring smile.

 

“Your Dad fought for me and our relationship...his family was against our marriage but he worked hard to gain the blessings of our parents…If it wasn’t for him, I could’ve done the most stupid mistake…” Her tears start to trickle down her cheeks. “The first time I held your brother in my arms was one of the happiest days of my life…and there wasn’t a single day that I regretted marrying your father and having you as my kids…”

 

“Umma…” I wiped her tears with the back of my hand. “You have my support with you…If you want to marry Yoochun then I won’t stop you…as your mother, I could feel how much he loves you…”

 

“Thank you umma! You don’t know how much you made me happy…” I kissed her hand and pulled her to a tight hug.

 

“YO! Can I join?” Yunho stood up and widened his arms to hug us both.

 

“Umma…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I smell something’s burning…” I scrunched my nose up and sniffed.  “AHHHH!! My pancakes!” Mom screamed and pulled away. She ran and her face saddened while throwing the inedible pancakes on the thrash bin.

 

“Umma, I’ll take Hyun-Ae somewhere…you want to come with us?” Yunho asked, sitting down on his seat.

 

“Nope…” She shook her head. “Dad called me and he wants me to meet him at his workplace on lunchtime…” Yunho just nodded and then picked up the newspaper.

“Where’s Moonbin?” I asked, stuffing a slice of pancake on my mouth.  “I drove him off to school early…Pali! Finish your breakfast…we’ll be late for our appointment…”

 

“Appointment? Where and to whom?” I stared at him with questioning eyes.

 

“PALI!” He prompted and didn’t bother to answer my questions.

 

***

Yoochun was walking down the hallway with thoughts unclear. No matter what he does, he can’t help but think of Hyun-Ae. His mind was preoccupied with thoughts of her and the thing that happened last night. He’s one step closer to the marriage and the woman he wants to spend his lifetime with. But suddenly, a guy appeared and ruined everything.

 

He doesn’t feel good whenever Jaejoong’s near her. It’s as if Jaejoong can take her any time he wants cause whichever way he looks at the whole scenario…one thing that always makes him feel insecure was the fact that Jaejoong is the real father of her child.

 

He was walking without directions when someone grabbed his arm from behind. “Oppa!” Eun Mi gave him a sweet smile. Yoochun stepped back and asked “What are you doing here?”

 

“We’re going to be schoolmates starting today!” She said happily, tugging on Yoochun’s arm again. The latter tried to pry off her hands on him but the more he refused, the tighter her grip becomes.

 

“Eun Mi~ah! Aren’t you going back to the States?” He asked. “No! I’m going to stay here for good…beside you…” She looked at him with dreamy eyes.

 

Eun Mi’s a very sweet and beautiful girl. But no one could take the place of Hyun Ae on his heart. The good thing was they were on the same page regarding the arranged marriage.

 

That was what he thought. He never knew that the girl developed feelings for him the first time they met. And now Eun Mi’s trying to get his attention. Whatever it takes…even if it means it would hurt Hyun-Ae…she’s going to get what’s hers.

 

Sooyoung happened to pass by the same direction and saw two figures. She recognized the guy but when she turned her eyes to the woman beside him, her curiosity went to its peak level. She then decided to confront them. “Yoochun~ah!”

 

Yoochun panicked and pushed Eun Mi away. “Oh, Sooyoung….” He smiled nervously.

 

“YAH! Who are you?” Eun Mi gave her piercing stares.

 

“I should be the one asking you that question…Who are you?” SooYoung raised an eyebrow. Yoochun felt the tension. She moved Eun Mi away from Sooyoung. “Please don’t make a scene here…” He said calmly.

 

“I’m Yoochun’s fiancé…” She stuck her tongue out, mocking Sooyoung.

 

“BWOH? Is that true?” Sooyoung shifted her eyes on Yoochun then back to the girl.

 

“Ani…let me explain first…” Yoochun said.

 

*DING DING DING*

 

“OPPA! Let’s meet again before lunchtime…I’ll see you…” She stole a chaste kiss on his cheek and smiled victoriously before leaving.

 

“What was that Yoochun? And where’s Hyun-Ae?”

***

“Oppa! I don’t want to go inside…” I whined while he kept on pulling my arm. “You tricked me! I thought we’re going to go somewhere relaxing…”

 

“YAH! You don’t have to be scared…Oppa will stay beside you when they run some tests…” Yunho kept on convincing me with his adorable pout but it didn’t work. He brought me to the hospital and told me that I should have myself checked to ensure the baby’s health and mine.

 

“This is for your own good Hyun-Ae…don’t worry about the doctor, she’s a good friend of mine…” His grip loosens on my wrist when he felt that I was calmer and wouldn’t run away from him.

 

He placed his hands on my shoulder and said, “Oppa will never leave you, okay?” I nodded and then he smiled back. My heart thumped harder as we searched for the doctor’s clinic. A mixture of fear and excitement reached my brain which made my dizzy for awhile but Yunho was there holding my hand and telling me to calm down.

 

I blew one forceful deep breath as we entered the room. A girl in white scrubs greeted us. She’s gorgeous and I could see Yunho staring at her with admiring look on his face. “You must be Hyun-Ae, right?” She came closer to me and reached for my hand. I gladly took it and nodded briefly in response. Somehow, that warm smile makes my heart feel at ease.

 

“Are you ready?” She asked and I looked back to meet Yunho’s eyes. “Can I come too?” Yunho asked.

 

“Sure…if it isn’t a problem for Hyun-Ae then it’ll be fine…” She moved the curtains and the nurse assisted me to lie on the bed.

 

“You will not feel any pain but the gel that I will smear onto your tummy is a bit cold, okay?” I nodded. “Just relax…”

 

I lifted my shirt up a little to expose my tummy and then I noticed that it actually got bigger. Yunho took a seat on the bedside and his eyes never left the screen. She put the transducer gently on my tummy after placing the cold gel. “Oh, have you been sleeping and eating well?” The doctor asked.

 

“She’s really stubborn…I have to force her to eat something…” Yunho butted in.

 

“Hyun-Ae~ah, you should take good care of yourself…” She said with her eyes still looking at the screen. “When you feel sad the baby feels the same way…” The doctor’s sentence was cut off when Yunho’s phone rang.

 

“Excuse me first…I’ll be right back…” He stood up and went outside.

 

***

 

“Yoboseyo…”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Don’t call me Hyung…I’m busy, call me later…or better yet don’t call me again…”

 

“Hyung, how’s Hyun-Ae? Is she doing fine?” Jaejoong asked with concerned tone. He didn’t have a peaceful sleep last night.

 

“She’s fine…” He said coldly.

 

“Hyung…I’m sorry…”

 

“You should be…I have to go Jaejoong…”

 

“Can we meet up tonight? I’ll explain to you everything…”

 

“Sure…tell Yoochun that I want him to be there too…”

 

“Okay…see you then…”

 

***

“You’re very lucky to have twins…you’re husband will jump in joy for sure when he finds out…” Doctor said happily. Then the door opened. “Twins?” Yunho asked, still couldn’t believe what he just heard.

 

“Oppa…I’m having twins…and I saw them floating inside my tummy and they look so adorable even if I couldn’t see their faces clearly…” Tears run down my face while I my tummy gently.

 

“Why are you crying? You shouldn’t be crying cause they’re gifts from God…” Yunho sat next to me and wipe my tears dry.

 

“I’m crying because I’m happy…I’ll be strong for them and I will take good care of my little angels…”

 

“You should get enough sleep and eat more nutritious foods and please try to avoid taking any medicines unless otherwise I ensured that it’s safe for you…okay?” The doctor said while writing something on the chart on her hands.

 

“Yes doctor…Thank you…” I nodded.

 

“Thanks for your help Sujin…” Yunho smiled cheekily. “Anything for my friend’s sister…”  She smiled back.

***

“Oppa…you like Sujin unni, right? Why don’t you ask her out?” I said while eating the ice cream on my hand.

 

“She’s my crush back in high school…I wanted to confess my feelings for her before I leave but then I found out that she was already dating our class president…so I backed off silently…” He sighed.

 

“But she seems single now…why don’t you try to confess again?”

 

“Why do I feel like my sister’s pushing me away?” He looked over.

 

“No I’m not…I just want you to be happy…and find someone who can take good care of you…”

 

“But I’m happy…with you and mom…I have two girls in my life and that’s more than enough!” He chuckled.

 

“Pfft…I need to find you a girlfriend soon…”

 

***

“OPPA!” Eun Mi called and occupied the seat beside Yoochun. “What do you have for lunch?” Eun Mi didn’t notice that there were two other people sitting across them.

 

“EHEM!” Sooyoung coughed harshly. Junsu held her hand trying to calm her down. “Oh you’re here?” Eun Mi asked.

 

“Yes…and what are you doing here?” Sooyoung glared at her.

 

“Can’t I sit next to my fiancé?” Eun Mi retorted back.

 

“Excuse me? He’s my friend’s fiancé…” She said with a pissed off tone. “Babe calm down…” Junsu caressed Sooyoung’s hand.

 

Just in time, Jaejoong appeared and said, “Yunho wants to meet us tonight…you coming?” He asked Yoochun who was spacing out.

 

“Yunho? You mean Yunho oppa is here?” Sooyoung asked. “And where’s Hyun-Ae? Is she sick? What happened to her? Sooyoung asked one question after another without getting any response from anyone.

 

Suddenly, Eun Mi took off invitations out of her bag and gave them each. “Please do come on our engagement party…I’ll be glad to see you there…” Eun Mi smiled innocently.

 

“WHAT????” The four of them screamed in shock when they saw the name of Yoochun and Eun Mi printed on the scented paper. Even Yoochun was stunned. He thought that after the conversation he had with his mom, everything’s back to normal again.

 

“I thought you understand?” Yoochun asked.

 

“Your mom talked to my dad and she said she wants to speed up the marriage preparations…everything’s settled now for the engagement party and after two weeks we’re going to get married on the church…”

 

“I can’t believe this…my mom wouldn’t do such thing…” Yoochun rubbed his temples.

 

 “So it was true…” Jaejoong mumbled.

 

“You know about this too?” Sooyoung turned to ask Jaejoong. “Yeah, Tiffany told me…”

 

“I’m the bestfriend here! Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? Hyun-Ae must be suffering now…” Sooyoung sighed in frustration. Junsu couldn’t understand a single thing. He just stared at each one’s faces hoping to grasp the thought but he couldn’t get any.

 

Yoochun rose from his seat and slammed his fists hard on the table. “Please tell the teacher I’m not feeling well…” Then he stormed his way out of the cafeteria.

 

“Yoochun! Don’t forget 8pm tonight at Checkmate pub…” Jaejoong reminded but the latter didn’t turn his back.

 

***

“Mom!” He pushed the front door harshly with his teeth gritting in anger. Mrs. Park came out of the kitchen and asked “What’s wrong?”

 

“What is this all about?” He showed her the invitation that Eun Mi gave. “I thought we already talked about this…I’m not going to marry Eun Mi! I don’t love her…”

 

“You will learn to love her eventually, son…” Mrs. Park uttered calmly. “Just think about it! She’s a sweet girl and you will have a greater future with her…”

 

“MOM! Hyun-Ae’s pregnant…”

 

“….to someone else….” She finished the thought for him.  “She cheated on you…how can you just let it go? I don’t want you to take the responsibility of someone else’s…”

 

“I don’t care if I’m not the real father…all I want is to marry her and I’ll do my best to be a great father for her child…I love her too damn much too think of anything else…”

“Eun Mi’s the right girl for you…fulfill your father’s last wish don’t disappoint him…”

 

“MOM! I can’t! I thought you said you don’t want me to live in misery…then why are you doing this to me now? You don’t want me to be happy! All you wanted was to do that stupid arrange marriage! Dad’s dead! I don’t have to do this!” He yelled and then a he got hard slap on his cheek.

 

“Don’t speak ill to someone who took good care of you and treated you as his own son! You should atleast do something for him…to repay all the hardships he has gone through because of you…”

 

“Mom…what are you talking about?” He asked, touching his aching cheek.

 

“YOU’RE NOT MY REAL SON!” She blurted out.

 

*End of Chapter*

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating...guys! I'm losing it!! I need some damn inspiration to finish this! LOL...Thanks for reading! I heart you all! Gamsahamnida! ^^

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA140BNFd1Y

 

-just want to share this video I made november last year...I was searching for Flower Lady of DBSK and then I saw Dru's Stay with Me...It was really hard to sing hangul...so I sang the english version instead...^^