I Love Her....I Love Her Too....

A Thousand Fireflies

The distance between the dining area and my room is so damn near yet it feels like I was running endlessly…without clear directions, without clear mindset and all I did was just weep. Cause right at that very moment, I couldn’t do anything else but cry and let it all out. When I finally reached my room, I held the knob then took one last glance at the front door and then stepped in.

 

I then laid my exhausted body on the bed, grabbing my favorite pillow and hugging it tight, seeking comfort and warmness which I didn’t feel from my parents. I buried my face onto it, sobbing harder…hoping when I finally burst it all out, the pain will wash away.

 

It was a long, tiresome night. Everything happened so sudden that my already confused mind couldn’t grasp every single thought. I am a normal teenager just like anybody else. But why do I have to experience this kind of pain at a very young age? Why can’t I be just like them? Hanging out with their girl friends, chatting over non sense things but finding themselves enjoying the company of each other and end up laughing like crazy. I missed those times I had with Sooyoung.

 

How I wish I could go back to those carefree joys of childhood when I wasn’t aware yet of what ‘LOVE’ is. They said ‘to love and be loved in return’ is one of the greatest wishes a man could asked for.  The feeling of smiling just by remembering his face when I close my eyes, the feeling when my heart thumped and skipped beats whenever he holds me close, and the electrifying sensation I felt whenever our lips touched. I was able to experience everything because I fell in love and he loved me back. But just like what happens in every story, the main lead will have to go through lots of pain and agony before she reached the point where she can finally claim her ‘happily ever after’. That is if such thing exists in reality.

 

*LOVE is indeed gentle, forgiving, magical…but it makes the heart malfunction and the brain weaken leaving you doing stupid things. Before I knew it, I was crying my off cause I can’t go back and redo the mistake I’ve done…and what’s worst is that I know that there are lots of people suffering for that one and only mistake I did…that one night that changed everything…*

 

I could feel my eyes swelling from the liters of tears I shed. But no matter how I tossed and turned myself on the bed, I still couldn’t find a way to sleep. I need someone to share my pain…I need a hug…and the least I want is a word from my parents telling me that they do understand me, that they already forgiven me and that they’ll support whatever decisions I make.

 

Soft knocks landed on my door and then I heard the door knob twisting. I shut my eyes tight, pretending I was sleeping.

 

“Noona, are you still up? Can I sleep with you?” Moonbin said with a sleepy voice. I wiped the tears off my face and pulled myself up. I took in a deep breath before I looked at him with a forced a smile on my lips. I chuckled lightly when I gazed at him from head to toe. He was wearing a Sponge Bob pajama set, hiding half of his face behind the pillow.

 

“Are there monsters under your bed?” I tried to crack a joke to lighten up the mood. “I think there are more monsters inside your head so I want to sleep here so I could protect you from them…” He said shyly, looking down at his feet.

 

“Alright, you can sleep here…you’re lucky cause noona’s afraid to be left alone…that’s why I’m allowing you to stay for one night only…” I patted the empty side of the bed and he jumped in and gave me a tight hug. “Don’t think too much noona…everything’s going to be fine…” He patted my back. I tried to hold back my tears from falling but I can’t. It falls down soaking his sponge bob shirt. ‘How can an 8-year old kid say that ‘everything’s going to be fine’? This isn’t as simple as the computer games he played. Like when you messed up, you can always restart it and play again. Though his innocent mind couldn’t understand everything at this point, atleast he stepped up and shared his warmth that I needed most.

 

He pulled away and wiped my tears with his small hands. “Noona, you look awful! ULJIMA!” He snickered. “YAH! How dare you call your noona ugly, huh?” I started tickling his waist until we both landed our back on the bed, laughing.  “I didn’t say you’re ugly…I said you look awful…”

 

We both laid in silence and then he said, “Noona! I may not understand why two guys claim your baby but I will accept whoever you choose…Yoochun hyung is a very cool guy and he even gives me pointers on how to make a girl fall for me…” He chuckled.

 

“What did you say?” I look over seeing Moonbin smiling. “Aish! That Yoochun I’m so gonna give him a hard smack when we see each other!” I hissed.

 

“Noona, its 21st century…schools nowadays even teach education, right? And Yunho hyung has his special videos on his room…so I think it’s just normal!”

“YAH! It isn’t normal for an 8-year old kid to talk about --- uhh…nevermind!” I looked away hiding my reddened cheeks. “Sleep now or you won’t get tall like Yunho oppa…” I patted his hair and kissed his forehead.

 

 “Noona, it’s my first time to meet Jaejoong Hyung and I think his creepy cause he barely talks but he seems like a nice a guy too…” He stretched his arms and yawned.

 

“Goodnight noona!” He said then he turned to the other side.

 

“Goodnight sponge bob!” I smiled seeing his calm, innocent face. Then I pulled the blanket up and keep him warm.

 

***

“Ehem…ehem…” I heard someone clearing his throat behind the partly opened door. “Oppa, come in…I knew you were listening to me and Moonbin and I know it was you who pestered him to sleep here…” He peek his head a little then smiled back. “How’s my baby girl?” He asked as he stepped in and closed the door. “You know you should keep all your special videos away from Moonbin’s reach…he tends to ask so many things…curiosity peaks at this age…” I said, not answering his question. He then sat on the edge of the bed and asked, “Is there a space for me here? I want to sleep here too cause my room’s messy…I guess I have to do a lot of cleaning tomorrow…” I moved closer to Moonbin, giving Yunho some space on my not so spacious enough bed.

 

“Alright, I’m ready…” Yunho said. I lifted my eyebrows up and said, “Ready for what?”

 

He patted his shoulders and pulled me in a tight embrace. “Just let it out…my shoulders are free twenty four-seven for my baby girl…you can have it whenever you want to…” Seconds after, tears fell once again. “Oppa mianhae…” I tried my best not to cry so loud, so as not to wake up Moonbin who was sleeping soundly on my left. “Are you mad at me?”

 

“I felt a bit disappointed and shocked but there’s no reason to get mad…” He planted a kiss on my forehead. “It wouldn’t solve anything. And though I don’t know what exactly happened to you, Yoochun and Jaejoong…I still trust you and you’re still my one and only sister and nothing will change…”

I wiped my tears and look up to see his face. “When are you going back to America?” I asked. “Maybe after a month or two…why’d you asked?”

 

“Can I go with you?” I asked leaving him open-mouthed with the sudden query. “What was that again?” He blinked twice.

 

“I was just thinking of leaving this place to start a new life somewhere far from Yoochun and Jaejoong…” I paused then breathe in air. “I don’t want to be a burden to anyone…things are so messed up and maybe when I leave…maybe things will go back to the way they should be…”

 

Yunho lifted my chin up and looked me straight in the eyes. “Do you think running away is the only solution to this?” He asked with concerned tone. “Maybe…” I muttered under my breath. “Baby, I don’t mind if you stay with me in America…but if you run away, people would only think that you’re a coward…and that is not the Hyun-Ae that I know…”

 

“Oppa…I’m scared…What should I do?” I sobbed harder. “Shush…be strong not only for yourself but also for your baby…I will not leave you for as long as you need me here…” He my back, giving me comfort. “Maybe you should sleep now…we’ll talk to Dad tomorrow…” I nodded weakly. He hummed a lullaby and said goodnight. A few seconds after, I felt my eyelids drooping and then I fell into deep slumber.

 

***

“What the is wrong with you?” Yoochun yelled as he gave a hard punch on Jaejoong’s face. “I told you to stay away from her! Are you that dumb not to realize that we both love each other? SHE CHOSE ME! So stop giving yourself false hopes that you can have her cause I won’t let that happen!” Then he swung an arm again and hit Jaejoong’s face for the second time.

 

Yoochun stood up and starts backing away when he heard Jaejoong laughing. Wiping blood from the corner of his mouth, he slowly rose to his feet and said, “I’m not gonna give her up so easily…I tried to back off and watched you claim the baby though it hurts me so much…but this time, I’m going to take my chances and fight for what I know is right…”

 

“Hyun-Ae’s mine!” Yoochun exclaimed, his piercing gaze flew back to Jaejoong’s.

 

“No one owns her…” He retorted back.

 

“I love her…”

 

“I love her too…”

 

“She loves me…”

 

“I’ll make her fall for me…” He hissed. “Let’s play fair and square Yoochun! Keep your guards up cause I’m very competitive when it comes to getting something so precious…”

 

***

Jaejoong was busy searching his pocket for the key of his apartment when he noticed that the lights were on. There’s only one person who has the spare key to his house and that is Tiffany. He knocked at the door twice and then Tiffany opened the door for him. She gave him tight hug. A hug that was supposed to be warm but he felt cold. It feels so empty. He didn’t know when he stopped loving her. What they shared was so superficial that he himself couldn’t differentiate if what he feels for her is just sympathy or if he really did have feelings for her.     

 

“Tiffany, I’m tired…” Jaejoong mumbled pulling her away. He then sat on the couch and Tiffany sat beside him. “You want me to give you a massage…” She whispered seductively on his ears. “No, I’m fine…” He shoved her hand away. “Will you just leave please? I’m not in the right mood...so could you please leave me alone first…” He said, rubbing his temples.

 

“What the is your problem now, huh?” She yelled back making his headache worst than it already was.  “I said let’s talk tomorrow! Didn’t you understand me?” 

 

“Where have you been? Did you went out to see that again?” She continuously nagged. She pulled her fists up and started hitting his chest and arms. Jaejoong then gripped both of her wrists and try to calm her down. But then Tiffany was in rage and he couldn’t think of a way to shut her up. Unconsciously, he gave her a hard slap on the cheek. The latter held her painful, red cheek with her hand and cried the hardest she could. 

 

“Sorry…I’m so sorry…” Jaejoong held her painful cheek, wiping the tears off her face but she stubbornly shove his hand away. “Why’d you change Jaejoong? WHY?!” She screamed loudly. “Why are you hurting me like this? Is it all because of that ?” She held his collar, shaking him, demanding a word to all her unanswered questions.

 

“Let’s break up, Tiffany…I couldn’t go on living with all these LIES…” He held his head down, avoiding her eyes. “I don’t want to hurt you anymore…” He felt like a big lump was taken away from his throat when he finally had the guts to tell her what he feels.

 

“But I’m hurting Jaejoong! You’re leaving me and all the years we spent with each other because of that STUPID ! What does she have that I don’t have, huh?” He stayed in silence. Tiffany grabbed him roughly closer to her body and pressed her lips onto his. She kissed him harshly, pushing her tongue in. But the latter refused to accept it and bit his lips hard. She pulled away with a disappointed look. “Is she a good kisser? I can do better than her! I can make you fall for me again! Just don’t leave me…” She hugged him tight, begging desperately but he pushed her away.

 

He then stood up and walked away, leaving her pleading desperately. Her tears, her sadness, her misery filled the room…he should feel guilty for hurting her but he doesn’t feel anything. His heart was cold but when it comes to the girl she loves truly, every thick ice coating his on frail heart…melts in no time.

 

He walked to his room and she silently followed him from behind. Jaejoong started packing his things and placing his clothes on his bag. “What are you doing?” Tiffany tried to stop him by taking out every piece of clothing he puts on his bag. He stayed in silence and kept on removing all his clothes from the closet. “JAEJOONG! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” She yelled, which made him stop and then sat on the edge of the bed.

 

“I’m going back to the mansion…I already talked to mom and they’re waiting for me to come back…” He sighed then went back to what he’s previously doing. “What’s with the sudden decision?” Tiffany asked.

“I can’t support Hyun-Ae and my baby’s need just by working at that pub…it’s hard to swallow my pride but I’ll do anything just to ensure that they’ll both have a nice future…”

 

“What future? Are you still dreaming of a future with her? How pathetic! You’re just the same as me…clinging onto someone who can’t love you back…” She hissed. “Jaejoong, when will you wake up and accept that she loves Yoochun!…” She slapped him in the face. Jaejoong was unmoved, but a smile crept his cheeks. “I don’t want to have regrets in life so I’m taking my chances…and if it didn’t turn out the way I wish it would be…atleast I can proudly say that I did the best I could to gain her love…”

 

“Jaejoong! What about me? You’re just going to leave me after all I did for you? After the sweat and tears I shed when no one’s there to take care of you…after what I did when you got into an accident! After everything, you’re going to leave just like this…answer me with all honesty, did you really had feelings for me?” Tiffany asked, tears start to fall again.

 

“Tiffany…” He held her hand and squeezed it tight. “You were there during those times when I needed someone…you saved my life and I will never forget what you did for me…” He said calmly. “It’s just that what I feel for you is different from what I feel for Hyun-Ae…I thought I love you that’s why I stayed but even before she came into the picture, I already sorted out my feelings for you…”

 

“….”

 

“…and I don’t want to stay just because of the debt that I owe you…”

 

“THIS ISN’T FAIR!” She stomped her feet towards the door. “YOU’RE COMING BACK TO ME AND BEG ON YOUR KNEES FOR ME TO ACCEPT YOU AGAIN…” She yelled in frustration. “And Jaejoong, you’re beloved Hyun-Ae will not have a happy ending while I’m still here…” She threatened. “Poor Hyun-Ae, her fiancé is going to get married to another girl…her life sure is going to be miserable…and it’s just the beginning…”

 

“Yoochun’s going to marry someone else? How’d you know these things?” Jaejoong asked in confusion.

 

“If you don’t want to see her hurting even more…cut this crap and come back to me…” She said without turning back. “If you happen to change your mind…you know where to find me…” She scoffed then left the room, leaving Jaejoong staring in space.

 

***

Next morning…

 

“Hyun-Ae, wake up…” Yunho brushed my hair. “Five minutes more…” I said as I partly lift my eyelids up. The sunlight hit my eyes and then I felt pain on my swollen eyelids. “Oppa…please close the curtains…” I mumbled.

 

“Aish…breakfast is ready…” He pulled my arms. “I don’t feel like eating…” I yawned, still rubbing my aching eyes.

 

“Dad’s not here…he left early and he said he’ll be out for the whole day…so get up, get dressed and I’ll take you somewhere…” He said then patted a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Where?” I asked, lazily.

 

“No more questions…go ahead and take a bath…I’ll wait for you downstairs…” He slightly pushed my back towards the bathroom and handed me a towel.

 

“Oppa, thanks for last night…” I said before I stepped inside the bathroom.

 

“ Anything for you…” He lifted his hands and makes a heart shape using both of his index fingers. “So cheesy, Oppa…” I chuckled and closed the door behind me.

 

***

At a certain restaurant…

Tiffany took a sip on her glass of water while waiting for someone. Mrs. Park called her last night asking her to meet with her. Tiffany agreed, unsure on what Yoochun’s mother wants from her. She waited patiently. Fifteen minutes after, Mrs. Park came. She stood up and gave her a bow and the latter smiled back.

 

“Tiffany, I hope you don’t mind if go straight to my real intentions why I asked you to meet me here…” She said bluntly.

 

“Of course I don’t mind…go ahead…” She motioned her to continue.

 

Mrs. Park let out one forceful breath and asked, “Who’s the father of Hyun-Ae’s baby?”

 

A smirk appeared Tiffany’s lips but she tried not to show it off. “He’s not just any random guy, I know him personally cause he’s my ex-boyfriend…”

 

“Your what?” Mrs. Park’s eyes widened. “We just broke up officially last night…his name is Kim Jaejoong…”

 

“Kim Jaejoong…” Mrs. Park’s heart thumped fast not knowing of the reasons. “Is he by any chance related to Kim Chan Sook?” She reluctantly asked.

 

“That’s his father’s name…the CEO of KM Group of Companies…why’d you asked?” Tiffany said.

 

“Oh my God…this can’t be happening…” Mrs. Park’s fingers nervously fidget on the table. “Kim Jaejoong…my…my…”

 

“Your what?” Tiffany looked at her in confusion. “Thanks for your time…” Mrs. Park stood up and hastily went out of the restaurant.

 

“I have to stop Yoochun from marrying her…I should stop him, he can’t marry her…he can’t…” Mrs. Park mumbled as she anxiously looked for a taxicab.

 

*End of Chapter*

 

A/N: English is my second language. I hate English subject! LOL...Please bear with me and sorry if you see some grammatical errors...Thanks for reading! ^^ Gamsahamnida chingu!