Kiss and Make Up

A Thousand Fireflies

‘So this is what a looks like…’ I uttered at the back of my head as I peek on a specimen under the microscope. I don’t know what got me interested with this gross specimen slide. Seeing this tailed microscopic creature makes me laugh cause it can actually get a girl pregnant and turned the life of an ordinary 16 year old girl into a drama flick.

 

I was so busy looking at the tailed creature as it swims back and forth that I didn’t notice Soo Young’s presence. She slammed her hands on the desk hard. “Hyun-Ae~ah…” Her breathing was uneven, letting out few shallow then deep breaths.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked curiously. “You look like you’ve just run ten circles around the campus before you got here…” I tried to joke at her exhausted appearance but her worried expression never left her face.

 

“You have to come with me…” She said after one forceful deep breath.

 

“Where?” I asked her with an anxious feeling that something bad happened.

 

“There’s no time left for chatting…just come with me if you still want to see your boyfriend and Jaejoong with unbroken bones…” She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the school’s gym.

 

“Soo Young~ah, what happened?” I asked her nervously as we run across the hallway not minding the teachers who’ve seen us seemed running for our lives.

 

“I don’t know either…” She answered briefly. “Junsu called me awhile ago and told me that he’s with Yoochun and they were playing basketball…the next thing I heard was people screaming and before he hanged up I heard Yoochun and Jaejoong’s voice…so I thought something might have happened between them…”

 

As soon as I heard those words from her, my feet unconsciously responded to it. I wanted to run faster or even fly if that’s possible so I could be there on that same spot on time and confirm if it was just Soo Young’s wild presumptions or if it actually happened for real.

Few minutes after, we have reached the gymnasium’s door. I stopped for awhile and filled my lungs with much air as I could then push the door forward. There I saw Yoochun’s legs sandwiching Jaejoong’s figure, who was lying on the floor. Those people on the gym just stood back and watched as if they were enjoying a boxing match. No one even dared to intervene. Even Junsu was just standing there but he continuously yelled at those two on the floor to stop.

 

“Yoochun!!” I called but he didn’t hear me out because of the cheers and murmurs of bystanders surrounding them.

 

“This one’s for my girlfriend for making her suffer!” Yoochun hit him once.

 

“And this is for ‘you trying to steal her away from me’…” He hit him again and a streak of blood appeared on the corner of his mouth.

 

When Yoochun was about to aim another hard punch on Jaejoong’s already red face, my mind hurtled back as I tried to think of a way on how to make them stop.

 

“Yoochun~ah!!!!!!!”  I screamed at the top of my lungs, drawing all the attention on me. My voice echoed on the four corners of the gym and the two guys momentarily stopped bickering and looked at my direction.

 

I walked hastily towards them as the people cleared a path so I could pass through easily. Yoochun got off Jaejoong and pulled himself up into a standing position as if nothing happened. He brushed his dirtied uniform and held my wrist tight. “I don’t want to see you near her again…cause the next time I do, I’ll make sure you’ll end up sleeping in a hospital bed!” Yoochun yelled and threw death glares at him.

 

He dragged me out of the gym as I took quick glances on Jaejoong’s figure on the floor. He stared at me and smiled back as if he’s saying ‘He’s alright…’

 

***

“Ouch!” Yoochun yelped in pain as I put a medicine on a little cut on the corner of his mouth.

 

“What happened back there?!” I asked as I touched his wounded lip. “That would totally ruin your image to this school! I’m pretty sure the teachers know about this already…and they’re probably thinking of sanctions by now…” I scolded him.

 

“I don’t care about my image…the teachers and the sanctions! All I care about is you!” He stubbornly said then looked away.

 

“So this is about me again, huh?” I crooked an eyebrow.

 

“…..”

 

“Did I personally ask for it? Did I tell you to beat him that hard?” I yelled at him not being able to control my feelings.

 

“NO!” He shook his head.

 

“Then why’d you still done that stupid thing?” I said angrily.

 

“Why are yelling at me as if you’re putting all the blame in me?” He backfired. “You don’t know what happened back there…so don’t scold me as if you’ve seen everything…” He hissed.

 

“I’m not blaming anyone! That’s why I want to know what happened cause I didn’t see the whole thing! Did you start it?” I asked at him, suspiciously.

 

His face saddened. “Do I look like someone who will start a fight out of no reasons at all?”

 

“Just answer it! YES or NO?”

 

“YES!” He admitted. “I got mad when he was pushing me roughly while guarding the ball…so when I couldn’t suppress my anger anymore, the fight started.” He sighed then looked down on his feet. He was purposely avoiding my stare cause I know that what he’s telling me is a LIE and that there are other reasons behind it.

 

“AISH! You don’t know how worried I was…” I cupped his face and stared at the his reddened face cause I know soon bruises will become visible on it. He placed his hands on top of mine and it gently.

 

“Can we just kiss and make up?” He pouted cutely.

 

I nodded. “Okay…but promise me you won’t do it again!”

 

He nodded. “About the kiss and make up, I mean it literally and figuratively!” He pouted his lips even more.

 

“NO!” I refused. “Someone might see us…”

 

“AHHH!! It hurts!!” He groaned in pain. “Where? Do you want me to call the school nurse?” I caressed his face. “NO! Just stay here…it hurts here!” He pointed at his plump lips. “BBO BBO!” He whined like a cute baby.

 

I looked around and checked if there was someone else inside the infirmary and when I verified there was none, I gently brushed my lips on him. A supposed to be peck on his lips ended up as a passionate kiss.

 

Suddenly…

 

“Mr. Park, here’s the pain meds you requested…” The school nurse took a step back as he saw me and Yoochun lovingly kissing each other. I pulled away and held my head down in embarrassment.

 

“I guess you don’t need the medicine anymore…” The nurse chuckled. “Yeah! Cause a kiss can take all the pain away…” Yoochun joked back as he pulled me closer and gave me a tight hug.

 

“YAH!” I playfully slapped his hand.

 

“I’d better leave the love birds alone…if you need anything, you know where to find me, okay?” She smiled widely then walked away.

 

“Thanks UNNIE!” I smiled back.

 

***

 

“Babe…” He whispered to my ear.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Let’s get married!” He blurted out.

 

I pulled away from his embrace and stared at him, flabbergasted. “What did you just say?”

 

“I said I want to marry you! I know this is too sudden and we’re too young for this…but if there’s one thing I’m sure of…is that I want to spend each waking mornings with you…” He held my hand and squeezed it tight. “I don’t have the ring yet with me but you can always have this…” He placed my hand on his chest. “No one can steal it cause you have your name engraved on it since the first time I saw you and it never changed…my feelings for you grow more and more each day…”

 

I was too stunned to say a word. “Likewise what you’ve said…we’re too young to get married and they wouldn’t allow us for sure…”

 

“They will…all we need is just the consent of your parents and mine…” His face looks so determined.

 

“But you haven’t asked me yet if I want to marry you?” I scrunched my nose up and pointed my index on the tip of his nose.

 

He poked his head lightly. “Oops…I forgot!” He chuckled. “Will you marry me?”

 

I tapped my chin and rolled my eyes. “Can I think about it first?” I teased.

 

“Huh?” His expressions changed.

 

“AISH! Can’t take a joke, huh?” I laughed seeing his cute, worried face.

 

“Does that mean ---“ I cut him off quickly.

 

“A BIG YES!” I smiled and pecked his lips. “I wouldn’t think twice cause I know you’d be a loving husband to me and a good father to my child…”

 

***

“So on Saturday, I’ll pick you up and we’ll have dinner to my house and we’ll ask for mom’s blessing…are you fine with that?”

 

“Yeah, no problem…” I smiled back.

 

“Saranghae…soon to be Mrs. Park…” He uttered sweetly then planted a kiss on my lips.

 

*End of Chapter*