Chapter 8 Hyung

Sacrificed Love

 

As the bell rang to signal the end of school, Ju Ann ran across the hallway towards Yoseob’s class.

 

“Yoseob-ah…. Over here” Juu An waved as she calls for her best friend in the world

 

“Oh! I thought I’d meet you at the gate like we usually do? Is something wrong?” Yoseob rushed over to Juu An worried something happened.

 

“Ahniyo…. I just have to work today! You know…. Since ahjussi took all my money.” She replied with her head hanging low…. Embarrassed she couldn’t guard her own money and having to cause Yoseob trouble

 

“You scared me… I thought… ah nevermind. So you need me to pick up Min Noh?” Yoseob asked knowing what his best friend is trying to say

 

“Yeah…. But you have guitar lessons today right? You can just drop him off at home and leave right after.”

 

“Ahni! I don’t have lessons today…. I can just accompany Min Noh today and wait for you at home. You gonna have lunch before working? Make sure you do…. I don’t want you to starve yourself while working okay?” Yoseob nagged

 

Juu An smiled and lifted her head up after Yoseob’s words “Neh… I will! Don’t worry. Thanks so much for helping me Yoseob-ah. I gotta run… See ya later!” And with that Juu An left for her work.

 

“Aish… that girl! YAH…. DON’T RUN! YOU’LL TRIP!” he shouted along the hallway watching the back of Juu An disappear slowly in front of him.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“Hey kiddo… how’s school?” Yoseob asked as they walk down the road back to Juu An’s house.

 

“Fine…. Where’s noona?”

 

“She gotta work kid. I’ll be with you today…. You want fried chicken? Or ice-cream? I’ll get anything you want today. As long as you don’t tell your noona about it. You have to keep it a secret between us. Okay?” Yoseob tried to make a pact with Min Noh.

 

“I don’t want fried chicken…. I don’t want ice-cream. Lets just have jajjangmyeon. Noona will be unhappy if she knew I had ice-cream without her permission. I don’t want to make her unhappy.” Min Noh said with a gloomy expression.

 

“Oh! Are you sure? If you don’t tell her, and I won’t tell her she wouldn’t know. We’ll just clean our mouths very carefully later.”

 

“Nah…. I never wanna see noona sad again.” Min Noh was determined this time. However, Yoseob saw through him…. He knew that kid really wanted some ice-cream. He should get some secretly later then…. They can have it together along with Juu An. Yes! That’s what he’ll do. It’ll make Min Noh happy…. And that’ll make Juu An happy. Yes!