Chapter 5 Help

Sacrificed Love

 

Working late afternoon at a coffee shop nearby their house, Juu An was waiting for time to arrive 7:30 so she could pink up Min Noh from his tuition.

 

“Can I get a refill for my coffee please?” a customer requested.

 

Juu An looked up from her work, smiled and walked towards the customer to refill his coffee. “Sure thing. Enjoy your coffee.” And she walked back to the counter to resume working on cleaning the coffee machines.

 

As time goes by, she gets more excited because she could finally see his stepbrother soon and bring him to meet Yoseob at his guitar performance with his newly formed band.

 

“Hey Juu An. Great job today…. Here’s this month’s pay.” Mr. Lee, the owner of the café said. He is a very helpful and kind person since he knows what kind of situation that Juu An is in.

 

“Kamsah Hamnida!” she bowed and smiled.

 

“Keep the money well. Don’t let your stepfather get them okay…. Are you gonna pick up your brother now?”

 

“I will take good care of the money!” She clutched it will all her might to her chest and smiled. “Don’t worry oppa. I’m gonna go pick up Min Noh soon….”

 

Right when she was getting ready to get off work and meet with Min Noh, Kim Seung Woo, her stepfather came rushing into the café and dragged Juu An to the back of the café. Juu An was so startled and her eyes were opened widely.

 

“What are you doing here?” Juu An asked.

 

“What do you mean why I’m here? I ran out of cash…. Give me some money! I know you just got your pay today….”

 

“I don’t have any money. Even if I do have it, I wouldn’t give it to you. I need it to feed Min Noh.”

 

“Then you must have it!” He searched for it in her pockets and touched her body to see if the money is with her.

 

 “Ahjussi, please stop this…. This is a public café. You cannot do this here.” Mr. Lee tried to stop from what is happening but failed. Mr. Kim pushed him away and he fell to the ground pulling the table cloth along with him.

 

“Stop touching me! I don’t have the money…. Get away from me! People are watching….” She tried to push his hands away from her body and tried to walk away.

 

“Give it to me!” He tried to drag her around and demanded from her.

 

“No! I don’t have them….”

 

“Fine! You leave me with no choice then.” He dragged her out of the coffee shop and pulled on her elbow.
 

“CALL YOSEOB!” Juu An called out to Mr. Lee before being dragged out of the café.

 

Juu An was dragged back to the house by her stepfather and pushed onto the ground once they enter. He ruffled with his hair and groaned loudly before pulling Juu An up on the floor. Juu An was terrified but could not do anything to defend herself. She knows what he is capable of doing and dare not to do anything to fight back. She knows that he used to be a gym trainer and despite not going to the gym all these years did not make him any weaker. And she knows that his need for alcohol right now is enough for him to use all his strength to get the money from her.

 

He clutched on her collar and pulled her up making her head bob upwards. “Give me the money or I’ll kill you!” He said gritting his teeth. Getting no respond from Juu An, he dropped her and gave her a tight slap across her face and she fell on the ground. Feeling the pain and the heat slowly growing on her cheeks, she tried to run to her room so she could hide in there from her alcoholic stepfather. She stood from where she was, pushing herself up with much energy and dashed for her room but was quickly caught by her stepfather by her hair and pulled down onto the floor again. He went to her pockets and fiddled with what is inside until she finds the envelope that is filled with her money for the month and gave Juu An another slap on her face. “! I thought you didn’t have the money…. How dare you lie to me! You’re gonna get it from me once I get home.” And then he left slamming the door on her.

 

Juu An sprawled on the coffee table and then fell onto the floor. She knocked her cheeks on the corner of the coffee table and left a scratch on her right cheek. Sobbing and coughing from all the fight she just went through, she couldn’t think about anything else other than the fact that the money she earned with her sweat and blood is was once again snatched away by the person she hates the most. That was all she had for the month. All she had to feed Min Noh and herself. To pay for Min Noh’s school fees and also his tuition fees. Without that money, she has nothing. She can’t get any fried chicken that Min Noh loves so much anymore. She can’t buy the bag that Min Noh have been asking for months. She can’t get a gift to celebrate Yoseob for his newly founded band anymore. Without the money, she wouldn’t be able to survive the month! As Juu An lay there on the ground, trying to figure out how she’s going to live for the next month with Min Noh, she heard a voice calling for her.

 

“Juu An!!! Juu An where are you? Are you in here?” She heard the familiarity of the voice and was glad that someone had found her. She was relieved to know that with his, everything’s gonna be alright. With him all the hardship will be fine. As long as he’s by her side caring for her and just being with her all the way, she’ll be okay. As long as she has him.

 

“I’m…. here!” she whispered softly. Couldn’t find any strength to speak any louder she tried to get his attention but her eyes are too tired to force them open anymore. And she drifted into dreamland. 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Hello!! Kekeke..... I don't know about this chapter! I think I'm really bad at this.... I can't describe anything the way I want it! Urgh.... This is quite fustrating! Anybody comment on this? I wanna know what you guys think.... I need more inspiration! hahaha.... 

 

Doodles!

-Joann