Chapter 3 Why Him??

Sacrificed Love

After school,Juu An went straight to Min Noh's school to pick him up while Yoseob left for his basketball practice. After picking up Min Noh,both of them went to the basketball court near Juu An's school. When they reached the place,they saw Yoseob warming up with his teammates while their coach were there giving orders to stretch their bodies. Yoseob was wearing a red basketball jersey with his name and the number 9 on the back. It was his favorite number.... Juu An's birthdate. Juu An and Min Noh didn't want to bother him so they sat at the benches of the basketball court. While Yoseob was getting ready to start their practice,he saw Juu An and her brother sitting by the bench and a smile cropped his face and he waved to them! Smiling so hard now.... Signaling that he will do his best during the game! Both Juu An and Mon Noh were very amused by Yoseob's basketball skills. They cheered on him every time he scored a point..... And that happened a lot because he was such a good player. 

After a while,Yoseob and his team were given 5 minutes of break time and he took a bottle of water and ran straight towards Juu An and Min Noh. 

"How did I do?" Yoseob asked.... All the while looking at Juu An . 

"You were amazing hyung!! Seriously.... Can you teach me how to play basketball please? I really wanna learn from you...." Min Noh plead!

"Of course I can teach you...." Yoseob answered.... Still smiling at Juu An .

"You were great out there Yoseob! I'm sure you're gonna win on Saturday." Juu An complimented.

"Really? You're gonna come watch me play right?" Yoseob had a beaming smile hoping that she'll go to the tournament on Saturday.

"Of course we're going.... You're my best friend!!" Juu An said.

"Cool.... " Yoseob said not knowing how to react to Juu An words.... 'You're my best friend' kept ringing in his again and again. It felt like a sword was speared into his heart. He didn't like that word. Never once had he like that word.... Especially when it involves Juu An! He had always wanted to be more than friends with her. He wanted to be her boyfriend. Not just best friend. He wanted to mean more to her than just being a friend. He wanted to kiss that lips he longed for so many years. 

After the brief break,Yoseob went back to the court and continued his practice. After they were all done,Yoseob's coach asked to talk to him in private.... But Juu An and Min Noh were waiting for him so he sent a friend to ask them to wait at the coffee shop near the school that they always went to. 

"Hi.... Are you Juu An ?" A voice said. 

At the corner of Juu An's eye she saw a figure.... A big,strong figure. 

"Umm,I am!" Juu An replied

"Oh... Hi! I thought I found the wrong person. I'm Jihu..... One of Yoseob's teammate. We've just finished practice but coach wanted to speak to him privately so he asked me to tell you and your brother to wait at the coffee shop near the school. " Jihu said.

"Oh ok.... Thanks! Your name is Jihu?" Juu An asked wondering where she's heard this name before. "Do you think they'll take a long time?" Juu An asked.

"Yeap! Jihu is my name. Umm,I'm not sure about that... Sorry! Do you wanna go now and wait?" Jihu asked.

"Yeah.... We'll go now! Thanks again...." Juu An answered with a sweet smile.

That smile caught Jihu's eye.... 'Wow she's beautiful! She looks like a doll...' He thought.

"Umm.... that way right? I'm going that way too.... Lets walk together!" Jihu said.

"Sure.... This is my brother Min Noh! Say hi..." Juu An pointed to his brother as he introduced him to Jihu.

"Hi there! How old are you?" Jihu asked as they walked together out of the basketball court.

"I'm 11... I'm going to be a basketball player soon! Yoseob hyung is going to teach me..." MIn Noh said.

"Really? You wanna be a basketball player? Cool.... It's really fun! Gives you a good body too! All girls like it.... " Jihu replied.

"Eww! Girls? Yuck.... I'm never going to like girls!" Min Noh said.

"Haha.... That's just the 11 year old you talking! When you get older you'll start to like girls." Jihu laughed remembering how he was when he was that age.

"He's too young to understand that kind of stuff."Juu An said.

"Yeah.... He'll understand when he gets older! So you're friends with Yoseob from high school? I'm Yoseob's neighbor! I've known him since we were 10." Jihu asked.

"Yeah.... We've known each other for about 4 years."Juu An answered his question. "You're his neighbor? Why haven't I seen you before? I often go to his neighborhood." Juu An asked. "Ahhhh" Suddenly remembering where she'd heard his name. Yoseob always mentioned him saying how he was always a little better than him in everything.

"What?" Jihu asked.

"Oh.... Nothing!" Juu An quickly answered

"Well,I just came back from Australia. I was there for my studies and just came back 2 months ago." He replied.

"Oh... I see! How was Yoseob when he was young? Was he as naughty as right now?" Juu An  asked

"Yeah he was! He got us into tons of troubles when we were young. We were having our summer vacation and we had lots of time to spare and he had the craziest ideas to spend them!" JIhu said trying to remember something from that summer.

"He used to make us run half around the neighborhood like crazy people! Making all the ahjummas so angry...haha" Jihu laughed 

"Hahaha.... Really? He did that? Run ? That's just too funny! I have to use that some of these days to blackmail him or something... "Juu An said.

While Jihu and Juu An were still laughing along the way,Yoseob was done talking to the coach. And he ran on his way so he wouldn't make Juu An wait too long. While he was running,he saw Jihu and Juu An were walking together with Min Noh and they were laughing and chatting a lot. It looked like they've been friends for a long time. At that moment,he felt something stinging in his heart! Hurt.... And his face were red!! He was jealous.... He thought he would lose a girl to Jihu yet again! 

[FLASHBACK]

"Hey!! Come on.... Help me! How should I get her number?" Yoseob asked Jihu about his crush on Hye Mi..... Yoseob's neighbor! He didn't have the courage to go up to her and ask for her number. 

"What about her do you like so much? She's not even that pretty..." Jihu said.

"I just do.... What do I do! I'm scared that she'll reject me."Yoseob asked. "Will you help me? Just help me please. You're so much better with girls. Will you help me talk to her? Please? Please? Please?"

"Fine fine fine!!! Stop pestering me...." Jihu gave up!

Jihu finally walked up to her and started talking to her.

As they were talking,Yoseob was peeking in a corner! He was so nervous he couldn't stop walking around like he needed to pee! He saw Jihu and Hye Mi were talking so pleasantly.... He thought 'Yes! This is working.... Jihu is going to help me! He will succeed. He's so good with girls.'

When they finally finished talking,Yoseob was waiting anxiously for Jihu to walk to him so he can interrogate Jihu. Ask him everything that he wanted to know... When Jihu walked back to Yoseob,he had a pitiful look on Yoseob. He tried to smile but he couldn't. Yoseob thought he was trying to prank him. 

"So what did she say? Did she say yes? Did she give you her number? What did she say about me? Does she like me?" Yoseob interrogated while jumping up and down feeling very nervous.

"Sorry pal! She said no!" And Jihu walked off.

"What?" Yoseob said in a soft voice and he looked crushed!

Yoseob ran to Jihu and asked him what happened exactly.

"She just said she wasn't interested apologized and left." Jihu answered.

"She said that? Oh man..... I really thought I had a chance with her" Yoseob said in a sad voice.

A week has passed but Yoseob was still feeling a little sad to hear that her crush didn't like her back! And she didn't even try to get to know her. Even when he was with Jihu,Yoseob was still kinda depressed about the whole thing! Jihu noticed he was being weird around him.... Knowing what was going on,he just left him alone.... He knew better to not remind him of the subject again!

Another day passed,Yoseob went to Jihu's house to look for him so they'd go out and play. But when he looked for him in his house,his mother said he left earlier today already! When asked who he went out with,she said he didn't mention anything about going out with anybody. So she just assumed that he went out with Yoseob. 

Felling boring,Yoseob went to the park where some of his friends were playing basketball. He called out to them and wanted to join on the game.

One of his friends asked Yoseob about Jihu's date with a girl he saw a while ago at a coffee shop! Obviously Yoseob didn't know anything about Jihu's date so he asked which cafe they were in so he could spy on them and later on. After Yoseob found out which cafe they were at,he went to the place and peeked into the cafe looking for Jihu. When he saw him,he was totally stunned! What he saw was horrific and he just couldn't move a muscle anymore. He was just too shock to do or say anything. He thought he was gonna collapse any minute now.... 

It was Hye Mi! The person that Jihu has a date with is Hye Mi! The same person that he told Jihu that he liked her! Hye Mi!!! Jihu was with Hye Mi at the coffee shop..... 

Yoseob ran away from the cafe and didn't stop running! He ran from the cafe to the park and to his house and locked himself in the room. He cried himself to sleep that night! Not because Hye Mi liked another person other than him.... He was certain it was just a mere crush! What hurt him.... What crushed his heart was the fact that his friend..... His friend! Betrayed him..... He knew that Yoseob liked that girl! But he still went on a date with her despite the fact that he told him that he liked her first! He couldn't believe what was happening. He couldn't believe that his friend would betray him merely because of a girl!

For 2 weeks Yoseob totally ignored Jihu. He wouldn't talk to him,answer his questions or even look at him in the eye.... After that Jihu gave up trying to talk to Yoseob. A month later,Jihu moved to Australia! And Yoseob never heard of him ever again. That is until 2 months ago! 

[END FLASHBACK]

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Long chapter.... Sorry if I bore any of you guys! The views have increased but no comments or subscriptions.... I guess I that much! But I don't want to give up! Because I'm actually enjoying the process of writing! So if any of you read my stories.... Feel free to comment yeah! Would appreciate it a lot!!! Thanks....