Chapter 10 Anger

Sacrificed Love

 

“Jihu? Why was he there?”

 

“For coffee of course. We even chatted a little….” Juu An answered back not noticing the change in Yoseob’s voice.

 

“What did you guys talk about?” Yoseob’s curiosity was beginning to frustrate him. Of all the people she could’ve met why him? Why would it be the one… the one who betrayed him? The one who threw away their friendship for a girl? His tone was beginning to sound harsh even.

 

“Nothing much…. Just casual chat that’s all.” She replied while eating her jajjangmyeon. “Oh… and he asked if I could accompany him to the mall on Saturday. It’s his mother’s birthday so he needed another woman’s opinion.”

 

“What? Why? Why would he want your opinion on something for his mother?” Yoseob was getting angrier every time Juu An talked about Jihu. “How did the conversation get there anyway?”

 

“Well, it just did. We were talking about school and all of the sudden he just asked if I would help buying his mother a birthday present.” And she just realised how ridiculous it sounded. How did the conversation change so drastically from school to his mother’s birthday?

 

“Right…. Like it was just a coincidence. You think I’d believe what he says? So you promised him you’d go out with him? Like on a date?” He begins his interrogation.

 

“Umm, I said I’d help…. And it’s not a date. Just doing him a favour. Not a date.” Juu An confirms. “Oh, you doing anything on Saturday? Could you help me babysit Min Noh?

 

And here Yoseob thought she’d ask him to come along with her and Jihu’s ‘date.’ All she needed was for him to babysit Min Noh. After all, Jihu WAS his friend first. “Yeah… sure.”

 

“Thanks Seobbie-ah!” She said finishing her jajjangmyeon. “You know, Jihu’s not as bad as you say he is. He’s quite nice actually…. And friendly as well. Maybe whatever happened when you guys were younger was just a misunderstanding? Perhaps if you guys talked it out everything will go back to how it was before.”

 

 “Psshh….. Talk to him? Juu An-ah…. He betrayed me! He went after the girl that I liked. How is that a misunderstanding?” Now he was fuming with anger inside of him. “It’s really late. I should go…. Or else I don’t know what my mom would do. See ya tomorrow Juu An.” He quickly said trying to avoid anymore arguments with Juu An. It hurts him that she’d defend the guy who betrayed him. He didn’t want to argue with Juu An. He’s not worth it. “Annyeong Min Noh-ya…. See ya later kay!” He patted Min Noh on his head and bend over to his ear. “I have ice-cream in the freezer for you. Have it with your noona later. Bye kiddo.” And he hastily left the house.

 

“Yah…. What secrets do you have with my brother?” Juu An shouted out the door where Yoseob used to leave. She looked at his brother, “what did he tell you just now?”

 

“Eo? Nothing…. I’m going to finish my homework now.” Min Noh left to his bedroom and shut the door.

 

“But I thought you’d finished them before I came home? Aish…. This kid!”