Chapter 6 The Voice

Sacrificed Love

As Juu An lay on her bed, Yoseob sat beside her and was cleaning the blood on her face with a wet cloth. “Pabo yah….. Why did you let him hurt you like that?” He ran his hands over her face and it hurt her that she was being abused by that man! The man she calls stepfather. The man she is so afraid of. He doesn’t understand who would do something like that to that beautiful face, and constantly as well. If it were him, he’d cherish her so much….. He’d do anything for her happiness. He’d do anything to make her smile every day. He’d do anything to take her sadness and misery away. He’s do anything.

 

Min Noh walked over to Yoseob with a comb in his hand as he gave it to Yoseob. What did he want to do with it? “Here…. Noona’s hair is messy.” Yoseob looked at the kid. He knows what happened. And he knows it well. It was his father who caused all this. His father who beat his noona up like that. He doesn’t understand the reason why his own father is that way but he knows that his noona did not deserve it. Yoseob ruffled the young kid’s hair and smiled.

 

“I didn’t even notice her hair was messy… Charaatta.”  He said as he started to comb Juu An’s hair. “Your noona is going to be alright. I won’t let anything happen to her again okay…. And you have to protect her too!”

 

“I will. I won’t let that man beat her again.”

 

“Good boy. You love your noona right?”

 

“I do. I will love her forever and ever.” Min Noh said spreading both his arms wide.

 

“That will make your noona so happy.” Yoseob smiled knowing Min Noh will keep his word.

 

“Urgh….” Juu An opened her eyes slightly and looked at the ceiling. She doesn’t remember what happened. All she remembers was being at the café and she had to go to Yoseob’s gig and then it hit her. Her stepfather. He wanted money. Dragged home. Slapped. Pushed down. Pulled back. Min Noh! She hasn’t picked him up from class yet. “Min Noh! Where’s Min Noh?” She pushed herself up asking nobody in particular.

 

“Don’t sit up. You’re hurt. Lie back down…. You need rest.” Yoseob said trying to get her back to lie down again. “Your brother is here. I picked him up from tuition. Don’t worry. You need to rest. Are you thirsty? You need a drink? I’ll get you a drink.” But before he could stand up to get Juu An a cup of water, she held his hands not wanting to let go.

 

“What time is it?” Her voice still hoarse and dry.

 

“8. Why?” Yoseob answered.

 

Juu An rose from her bed instantly and rushed. “What are you still doing here? You have to go to your gig. You band must be waiting for you. Go now…. I’ll come with Min Noh. Go.” She pulled Yoseob up from her bed and pushed him towards the door.

 

“What? You can’t go in this state. You’re hurt…. And I wanna take care of you. I’ll tell them I can’t make it tonight. They’ll understand. They’ll be fine. Don’t worry.”

 

“But I’m fine now. You have to go. It’s your first gig and you can’t just drop out like this. How would people think about you if you missed the first gig you’ve ever gotten? That’s not a good impression on people. You want the audience to love you.” Juu An said as she tried to get Yoseob to go to his band. She looked down on her hands, hesitated and look up at Yoseob again. “If you miss this because of me I will feel bad about it. I’ll be so sorry to you and to Doojoon and the guys! Go ahead. I’m really fine…. I don’t even have to go if you’re worried. I’ll just go to your next gig. But you can’t miss your first gig ever.”

 

“But….”

 

“No buts. If I can make it I will be there. You only have an hour left before it starts. Your members must be really worried. Go now or you’ll be late.” Juu An gave him an assuring smile.

 

“Are you really sure?” Yoseob asked. Juu An nodded and smiled at him again. “Okay then. If you’re really sure.” Yoseob spoke softly and reluctantly. He didn’t really need to go. Hyun Seung could easily replace him. He sang almost as well as him. He looked up at Juu An instantly and said “I’ll be back once it’s over okay. Wait for me. Stay in bed and rest. Just ask Min Noh if there’s anything that you need. I’ll be right back okay?”

 

Juu An gave him a sweet smile and pat his arm. “Don’t worry grandpa. I’ll be fine… I’m not a kid. Now just go…” Yoseob saw her smile and melted for the hundredth time. She really does know how to make him feel better. Everything that she does is always for someone else. Never for herself. She does them with all her heart and that’s why he loves her so much. She’s selfless. He gave her a kiss on her forehead, lay her down on the bed and left with a promise. “I’ll be back as soon as I can. I promise. Rest well.” And he left.

 

Juu An smiled at the door as Yoseob left for his gig. She’s very happy and proud of him for being able to be in a band and performing in public. She knows how talented Yoseob is with his voice and she’s very happy that he now has the chance to show it to the world. She’s sure that the crowed will be wowed by him. She knows that he’ll be able to capture the hearts of many girls and he’s going to make it big someday. She knows it has been his dream since the first time they met.

 

She met him at the back of the school under a huge tree when she was doing her homework. She heard an angel singing and was curious as to who was singing so beautifully around her. When she turned around the tree, she saw this petite guy singing with his eyes closed and his emotions were overwhelming. She felt that his voice could heal anything in the world and she wants to get to him more and more. She was so immersed to the song that she didn’t even realised that she’s walked over to him with a smile cropped on the face.

 

Yoseob felt a shadow beside and stopped singing. He turned to his side and was shocked that there was someone listening to him sing. What more a girl was listening him sing. He instantly felt very shy and put his hand on the back of his neck and smiled shyly. He was embarrassed. He’s never had a girl heard him sing before. All he did was sing in the shower at home.

 

“I’m sorry for eavesdropping. But I just can’t help it. You sing very well.” Juu An admitted

 

“Nah, it’s okay. It’s just…. It’s my first time someone other than my family heard me sing.” He claimed.

 

“Really? This is your first time? I thought you’re used to singing in public. It’s my honour to be the first to hear you sing. Your voice is really beautiful. Have you thought of auditioning for the talent show coming up this month?”

 

He looked down on his feet and was moving back and forth. “Umm, not really. I don’t have the courage. I’m only on my first year junior I don’t think people would like to see me sing. Plus, the seniors must want to stand out more. I don’t want to bring any trouble. I know how seniors can be with first year juniors.”

 

“Who cares about the seniors? My mother always says “One should not always wonder what people think of you. What’s most important is how you see yourself. If you belittle yourself, others will too.” I think you should audition.”

 

“Umm…. Uh! I’ll think about it… Your mother looks like a very wise person. She sounds nice.” He said while looking down again on his hands. His feet kicking the ground and swinging back and forth.

 

“She is… She’s my best friend. Well, I got to go now… A lot of homework. I’ll see you around in class. Bye. I really hope you’ll audition for the talent show. If you do, I’ll be sure to support you and vote for you.” Juu An smiled and left.

 

Yoseob stared at her back as she was leaving but was reminded that he doesn’t know her name yet. “Wait! I don’t know your name yet… What’s your name?” He shouted.

 

She turned around smiling and shouted back “My name is Juu An!”

 

“My name is Yoseob!” He said as he waved to her

 

“Bye Yoseob-shi…. See you in class tomorrow.” She waved back and smiled.

 

Wow she’s beautiful. Especially when she smiles. Juu An…. Juu An! Even her name is beautiful. Should I audition? Is my voice worthy? She did say it’s beautiful and she said she’d support me….. Should I do it? I do love singing and nothing bad would come out of it right? Worse come to worse, I’d just be eliminated. Argh…. I don’t know what to do. Juu An…. Yaeppuda.! 

 

*********************************************************************************************************

I'm back for this week! kekeke.... Hope you guys like it! Is it going too slow? haha.... See you guys again hopefully next week. Mid term next week..... bye!

 

Comment, subscribe, share.... do whatever you want! kekkee.... :)