Chapter 11 Help

Sacrificed Love

 

“Over here Juu An!” Jihu waved over to where Juu An was standing. “You’re just on time. I found something that my mom would like. Come see.” And she was dragged away with Jihu holding her hands. “Look. What do you think about this? She loves to knit. Why don’t we get her a knitting set?”

 

“If you buy her a knitting set, she’ll think you want her to knit you something and give her more work to do Jihu-shi. Let’s just look around first. What about cosmetics or skin care products?” Juu An asked.

 

“She doesn’t put on any make up. Her face is too old for skin care products anyway. I don’t want to waste money on things that are of no use to her.” He claimed. “What about an apron? Or rubber gloves? She cooks the best kimchi jigae and teppokki. Maybe I should ask for her to cook kimchi jigae tonight.” He said those to himself.

 

“Jihu-shi, buying these stuffs will only make your mother feel like you’re taking her for granted. It’s her birthday…. You should get her something for her. Not stuff that she can use to do things for you.” Juu An explained. She knew for a fact that if her mother were still around, she’d never buy anything that Jihu mentioned earlier. She’d go all out to pamper the person who raised her and who is her best friend.

 

“Oh… haha! I should shouldn’t I…. That’s why I needed your help. Let’s go for coffee before we continue. I’m thirsty.” Jihu said trying to divert the attention to something else so he could hide from embarrassment.

 

After hours of looking for a present for Jihu’s mother, Juu An left for her work.

 

“Thanks Juu An-shi, for helping me find something for my mother. I appreciate it a lot…. Let’s have dinner some time as a way of me saying thank you. Bring your brother along too.” Jihu invited with the most charming smile ever.

 

“That’s not necessary. It was fun going out like this. It didn’t feel like I was doing a favour for you.” Juu An replied. She didn’t want to burden Jihu with anything.

 

“But still, I’d like to thank you for helping me with the gift. Maybe I’ll look for you at the coffee shop you work at some day.”

 

“Sure. You’re welcome anytime. I’d better head back now. Work awaits. See you soon, Jihu-shi.” And with a smile, that she left.

 

Short update! Sorry for taking so long.... :)