Chapter 9 Him Again

Sacrificed Love

 

“Can I have a refill here please?”

 

Juu An turned to where the voice came from and answered “Yes, coming right up.” She walked over to the customer in the coffee shop she works at and helped with the refill he asked for. “Enjoy your coffee.” When she got back to the counter to serve more customers, she saw a familiar face but was not certain if it was really him. She eyed him carefully trying not to be obvious but failed. When he looked at Juu An, he immediately recognised her.

 

“Eo! It’s Juu An-shi…. Do you remember me? I’m Jihu…. Yoseob’s friend? You work here? What a coincidence.” He ranted

 

Without giving Juu An the opportunity to answer him, he continued with all the questions. She let out a slight chuckle and answered back. “Annyeong! Jihu-shi…. Of course I remember you. I knew I’d seen you somewhere before. How can I help you? Lattes here are really good.”

 

“That’s actually what I wanted to order. Hah…. I guess its fate. I’ll have that.”

 

“Neh? Fate?” Juu An questioned Jihu

 

“Ah… ahnimnida! I’ll have a hot caramel latte. Thanks”

 

“Okay…. That’d be $6:90. Take a seat. I’ll bring it to you when it’s done.”

 

“Oh okay…. Thanks. Here you go.” He paid and went ahead to look for a seat. He chose an empty corner at the back of the coffee shop.

 

“Here you go Jihu-shi. Let me know if you need anything else.” Juu An placed his hot drink on the table and left to tend to other customers.

 

Jihu watched as Juu An worked. He saw the hard working girl clean tables and take orders. It was something almost anyone could do, but what he saw was an angel working. Her smile, her friendliness towards every customer and her way of making anyone feel comfortable around them. She’s beautiful.

 

 

 

“I’m home! Min Noh-ah…. Are you here? Yoseobbie…. You still here?” Juu An asked while taking of her shoes at the entrance.

 

When Min Noh heard her noona’s voice, he ran out of the bedroom. “Noona!!! You’re home…. Did you bring dinner? Paegoppayo….” He asked with the cutest little pout he could do.

 

“Have you been a good boy? Did you behave? And don’t lie…. I’ll know if you did.”

 

“Of course!! I did all of my homework and even showered. You can even ask Yoseob hyung about it. I didn’t lie.”

 

“Wow…. Haha! Of course I believe you Min Noh-ya…. I bought dinner. Come eat.” Juu An lifted the plastic bag of jajjangmyeon.

 

“You’re back! And you brought dinner? Awesome…. I’m so hungry! Your brother here has been driving me crazy!” Yoseob came rushing to Juu An’s side eyeing his dinner.

 

“What did he do? He just said he’s been a good boy today. Ahhh…. I can’t believe this boy ever!” Juu An was frustrated with the boy he call brother. Always making trouble for Yoseob.

 

“Kekeke….” Yoseob snickered. “I was just joking Juu Juu! He was great today….. he finished all his homework and even showered when I asked him to.”

 

Juu An eyed Min Noh, and then to Yoseob. “Really? You’re not lying? He didn’t trouble you?”

 

“Yeap! He was such a good boy today….”

 

“Good then…. Here! Dinner…. Your favourite, jajjangmyeon.” She passed the bowl over to Yoseob. “Here’s yours Min Noh-ya. Eat up and finish it okay? I’m going to change and be right out.”

 

“Umm….” Min Noh looked over to his Yoseob hyung. “We just had this for lunch… do I have to eat it again?” he whispered so his noona wouldn’t hear them.

 

“I know! My mouth still taste like jajjangmyeon! Just eat it…. Be a good boy and I’ll treat you to a surprise later. I promise!” Yoseob whispered back.

 

“okaay…..” Min Noh looked at his jajjangmyeon and slowly picked up his chopsticks and start eating.

 

“Guess who I saw today while working!” Juu An asked walking out of her bedroom after changing to casual t-shirt and shorts.

 

“Who? Mr. Park the nose digging teacher?” and Yoseob went into laughing fit.

 

“No…. if he were to come to the coffee shop I wouldn’t want to serve him. His money must be filled with boogers.” And with that Juu An started her own laughing fit with Yoseob. “We’re so mean…. He’s our teacher!” Juu An said trying to hold in her laughter. Min Noh could only stare at his noona and hyung with a confused expression. What a weird noona and hyung I have.

 

“No…. not Mr. Park. Jihu…. Your friend!”

 

And all laughter halted when Yoseob heard that name. Him? Again?