False information

More than Two

Chapter 7: False information

 

[Sunday May 5th, 2013]

 

Three days ago, it was BamBam's birthday.  The guys and I arranged a little party for him for this afternoon —so technically, now.  We're at a restaurant, where we reserved a table for a few hours.  This time, unlike during Jackson's birthday party, we eat the cake first then open the presents.  BamBam already opened the others' gifts for him and all that's left is Yugyeom's and mine.

 

- "Here BamBam. Happy birthday," Yugyeom says to his best friend as he hands him a box.  The birthday boy opens it and he furrows his eyebrows.

- "What's this? Shoes and a hat?" BamBam wonders.  "Why?" he continues.  I frown.

- "These were very expensive. So don't complain," Yugyeom reveals as he takes the shoes.

- "But I don't like this brand," he states.

- "Yah! Are you going to complain about all of our gifts?" JB conveys to BamBam in an annoyed tone.  It's true though.  He hasn't seemed satisfied with any of his presents so far.

- "Of course not. I–" BamBam starts.

- "You know that this is from Yunhee too, right? We bought this together," Yugyeom tells him.

- "Jinjja (really)?" BamBam says to me, shocked.  I nod with a sad smile.

 

I really thought he would like it... I knew we should have chosen something differ–

 

- "This is so kind of you! But you didn't have to waste your money on my birthday present," BamBam suddenly has a change of expression.  Everyone looks at him, bewilderment filling us.

- "How about me!? I contributed in this too!" Yugyeom reminds the happy boy.

- "Gomawo (thanks) Yunhee! You're the best!" he thanks me, ignoring his best friend.

- "Of course he would say that to her. It's Yunhee," Jackson murmurs to the others as they all huddle.  They think BamBam and I can't hear, but I am well aware of what was said.

- "Cheonmane (you're welcome)! Happy birthday!" I carry on with my conversation with the Thai boy.

- "She doesn't even know what's happening to her!" JB whispers back.  I glare at them and they part away, seeing me notice.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Party's over and everyone's leaving. We all decided to walk home together.  I walk next to Mark as we munch on some fortune cookies that we took from the others.  The waiters gave all of us two each because they were huge fans of JJ Project.  So Mark has five fortune cookies —one from each Jr, Jackson and Yugyeom, and two of his own— and I have five as well —one from JB, two that were mine and two from BamBam.  I don't feel at all guilty because BamBam said he wasn't hungry anymore.  

 

Anyway, JB, Jackson and Jr are in front of us, casually talking.  The two maknaes are way up front.  So ahead I can barely see them.

 

- "I heard from Yugyeom that you know about BamBam's feelings. Is it true?" Mark questions me as he chews on the cookie.

- "Eh? You know now that he likes you?" JB asks as he stops walking and turns around.  I nod shyly as I got reminded of this fact.

- "Jinjja!? You must feel so embarrassed! Having an evil little boy like him have a crush on you. I feel so bad. Yunhee, don't ever fall for him, arasseo (okay)?" Jinyoung warns me.  I look at him, not believing what he said.

- "What do mean 'evil'? Don't worry Yunhee, BamBam is not always that bad," JB reassures me.

- "Come to think of it, they wouldn't look so bad together," Jackson states.  I become speechless.  They all stop to look at me then nod at the same time.

- "You know what? Forget what I said! You can like him as you please," Jinyoung corrects himself.

- "But I never said I liked–" I start to say my argument, but I get cut off by a piece of fortune cookie stuffed into my mouth.  I turn to Mark with a pout as I feel rejected.

- "Don't finish that sentence," the older boy tells me with a chuckle.

- "Oppa," I say with a sad tone.  He's the last person I would have thought to be 'helping' me get together with BamBam.

- "You know liking someone is not a bad thing," Jaebum informs me as if I didn't know.

- "And if you do fall in love with him, you two can go out! And you'll be the short couple!" Jackson teases my height.

- "Yah (hey)! Look who's talking!" I throw back.

- "Or how about the dumb," he points at the silhouette of BamBam.  "and the dumber," he then points at me.  Although he is only joking, I can't help but feel mad that he called BamBam dumb... And me of course...

- "Yah!!" I yell.  They all jump back slightly, shocked at my outburst.  Jackson starts to run away.  "Pabo (stupid), come back here!!" I've never really called Jackson 'oppa'.  I drop my backpack and run after him.

 

He quickly heads towards the two younger boys with me trailing behind him.  When he gets to them, he uses BamBam as shield, even if he is way stronger than me and can protect himself.  When I get close, Yugyeom blocks me with his big frame as I try to reach for Jackson.

 

- "Woah! What's happening?" Yugyeom inquires as he continues to hold me back.

- "Get back here!" I say to Jackson with annoyance through gritted teeth.

- "BamBam help me! Your crazy girlfriend wants to attack me!" the stupid boy says.

- "Girlfriend!? You guys are going out now!?" Yugyeom interrogates, seeming shocked and excited as well.

 

I look at BamBam and I spot a slight shade of pink on his cheeks.  Meanwhile, Yugyeom withdraws enough force for me to rush pass him and to charge towards Jackson.  Unfortunately BamBam comes between us just in time to block me.  I try to move him away but his grasp is too strong.  Suddenly, Jackson starts to giggle.  When I realize what's happening, I slowly stop moving around.  My left arm is reached out on BamBam's right side, ready to catch Jackson.  I let it fall to the side.  My right hand is gripping on BamBam's shirt, taking my anger out on the clothing.  His hands are on my upper arms, preventing me from advancing in my tracks.  And since I'm kind of short, only my eyes can see over his shoulder, having a clear view of Jackson.  This might not seem bad, but someone could easily mistaken this position, thinking that we are hugging.  And it's not like I've never hugged BamBam before.  But after learning about his feelings, it's kind of awkward for me.

 

- "What's going on here?" JB asks as he walks up to us.  I quickly retreat from this stance as I push BamBam away by the chest.

- "N-nothing!" BamBam and I answer in unison as Mark and Jinyoung approach.  We both blush.

- "I think we should continue walking," I suggest.

 

I take back my bag from Mark and walk beside him once again.  BamBam went back to the front with Yugyeom and Jackson.  Everyone resumes talking except BamBam and I.  Even Mark speaks to me, but I don't listen.  My mind is still thinking about BamBam and me 'hugging'.  Now that I think of it, it was awkward and it was embarrassing, but my heart was also beating quite fast.  Why is that?  Is it because I know he likes me? Or is it because people were watching?... Or is it another reason?

 

 

[Monday May 6th, 2013]

 

- "Good morning Yunhee!"

- "Annyeong (hi) Yunhee-shi!"

 

Some people greet me as I enter the school.  There aren't many students here yet since it's still early.

 

- "Ah! Yunhee!" one of my classmates comes up to me.

- "Annyeong!" I say hello.

- "So... How is BamBam?" she asks unexpectedly.

- "Um... I guess he's okay," I respond, not understanding why she asked me that question.

- "Good," she asserts and then leaves.

- "Yunhee-shi! Congratulations!" one of my sunbae says.  She swiftly walks away before I can question anything.

- "Eh! Yunhee! Good luck dealing with BamBam!" Jr's friend tells me and pats my back.

 

What's with everyone today?

 

- "Yunhee!!" I hear Jooyeon call.  She runs to me and takes hold of my arms.

- "Annyeong Jooyeon," I salute to her.

- "I heard about you and BamBam! Congrats!" she congratulates me while shaking my body.

- "Euh... What?" I inquire after she stops.

- "I heard the two of you are together! You finally admitted your feelings for him, huh? How did he ask you out?" she pries.

- "Mwo (what)!? I shout.

 

After seeing her confused face, I storm away, looking for my 'boyfriend'.  When I spot him, he seems to be at his locker.

 

- "Yah! BamBam!" I call his name as I approach angrily.  He looks at me in fear.  "What did you do!?" I yell.

- "If it's because of Jinyoung hyung's locker, I didn't do it! Please don't hurt me!" he covers his head with his arms.

- "What? Oppa's locker?" I inquire as I calm down.

- "Oh! Nothing! Just continue," he stands straight with an odd smile.  I shrug off the thought of Jr's locker and return to being mad.

- "Why is–" I pause, realizing people's stares.  I turn us around so we're facing his locker.  "Why is everyone saying we're going out? What did you tell them?" I whisper to him, my arm around his shoulder.

- "Huh? I didn't tell them anything. I didn't even know about this," he reveals, looking at me.  Our faces are so close.  I rapidly back away so people don't misunderstand.

- "So who do you think started this rumor?" I ask for his opinion.

- "I'm not sure," he says.  We stay silent for a bit.

- "Well, until we find out who started this, we shouldn't get too close, so people don't get the wrong idea," I inform him and he nods.  I see slight pain in his eyes as he turns to walk away...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

- "Yunhee! I'm so happy for you and BamBam!" my classmate Taehee says as she spots me at my seat.

 

Seriously... These people are acting like we're married!

 

- "I think you've mistaken. BamBam and I aren't going out," I correct her.

- "Oh Yunhee! You don't have to hide it anymore! I know you're dating him!" she asserts.

- "But we really aren't," I try to convince her but she doesn't listen.

- "I saw you yesterday. It was so cute! When Jackson revealed to Yugyeom that you're BamBam's girlfriend, you got so embarrassed! Then you quickly hugged BamBam to hide. But you parted away because the oppas came and they still don't know about your relationship!" she claims with a high-pitched squeal at the end.  "I'm so jealous of you. I wish that could happen to me,"

 

How did she come up with that? That's not what happened at all! Wait a second...

 

- "You were there yesterday night?" I ask.  I didn't see anyone around us at that time.

- "Ne (yes). I was walking with my brother and I saw you guys," she explains.

 

Jackson pabo and his big mouth... He has to yell out nonsense so the whole world can hear...

 

- "Oh but actually Jackson was only–" I start.

 

RRRIIINNNGGG!!!

 

- "Joking," I continue after getting cut off by the bell, however Taehee doesn't hear me.

 

The teacher enters the classroom at the same time.  Taehee goes to her place.

 

Okay now I know who started this stupid rumor.... Jackson Wang pabo.

 

I could say it was Taehee, but Jackson was the one who started saying I'm BamBam's girlfriend.  That is considered beginning the spread of false information... Right?  Even if it's not, I am still telling BamBam it was Jackson so I'll get revenge on whatever teasing he's been doing to me...


Hiya everyone! Here is the update. I hope you enjoyed it and that it was interesting. Please continue to comment and tell me what you think! I would really appreciate that! Thank you and happy reading! God bless you!

Until next time~