Friends

More than Two

Chapter 4: Friends

 

[Monday March 4th, 2013]

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

 

The sound of my alarm clock rings loudly in my ears, telling me to wake up.  I eventually turn it off, after struggling to take out my hand from under the blanket.  With the amount of energy I have, it's hard enough already to switch sleeping positions.  Unfortunately, the alarm clock wasn't enough to keep me awake because I drift back to sleep.

 

- "YUNHEE! WAKE UP!" my eomeoni yells as she enters the room.  I open my eyes slightly, a little more awake then before.

- "Nnoooooo..." I whine. "I'm still tired" I hide myself under the covers, trying to block out the loud sounds.

- "Come on. Get up! It's your first day of school. You can't be late," she informs me.  She swiftly throws the blanket off to make me exposed to the chill air of the early morning.  I shiver from the cool contact on my skin.

- "Cold..." I mumble to myself.  I roll into a ball, trying to accumulate all the heat to keep me warm.  My eomma leaves the room, shaking her head.  When I am sure she's gone, I pull the sheets back to cover my body.

- "Oh and by the way, I made your favorite for breakfast," she sticks her head back inside my bedroom.  My eyes instantly open and I immediately jump out of bed.

- "I'm coming!" I say, excited.  My love for food is incredibly strong and just thinking about it makes me lively.  I run downstairs and head straight for the kitchen... Where my breakfast was neatly sitting on the table, waiting for my arrival.  I gasp, seeing the sight in front of me.

- "Pancakes!! My lovely pancakes!! You've returned!" I shout happily, now fully awake.  My arms were open as if I was going to give a big hug to the masterpiece in front of me.

 

I grab a fork and start to devour the delicious meal.  After I finish about five pancakes, I drink a glass of milk.  I then go on doing my morning routine.

 

When I'm all dressed up and ready to leave, I bid my eomma goodbye since I'm supposed to walk to school.  Once outside, the small amount of sunlight from the sunrise shines down on me.  It keeps me warm for a second, before a cold wind hits my cheeks.  I start to walk to the nearby school —that will soon be the one I will attend— with my bag hanging from my shoulders.  I struggle to keep my skirt down because of the wind.

 

Stupid skirt... My legs are going to be frozen by the time I get to school.  *sigh*  Youngjae... Where are you?

 

I was looking up as I was 'talking' to Youngjae.  I couldn't talk to the picture.  The reason for that is not because I didn't want to take out the locket, nor did I forget it back home.  It's something else...

 

 

[Sunday, February 3rd, 2013]

 

I sit on my bed after entering my room.  I struggled coming back home because of my injury.  When I arrived, my eomma and appa started asking me a ton of questions.  I knew that they were trying their best not to shout at each other while I was there.  I'm grateful for that, but I just wish they wouldn't have the thoughts of yelling insults at one another.  I reach for the locket on my neck to tell Youngjae what had happened.  But nothing was there.  My neck was bear.  I searched in my jacket pockets... Nothing.

 

Where is it, where is it, where is it?? ... Wait. Don't tell me...

 

I think of when I fell on the ground earlier today.  I must have dropped it then.  I run downstairs —at least, that's what it is like in my head.  I actually hop down each step very slowly— and I head for the door.  However, my appa stops me before I can go out.

 

- "Where do you think you're going?" he asks me, standing directly in front of me.

- "Euh... Out?" I reply, unsure of what I am supposed to answer.

- "Ani (No)! You cannot go out like that. You can barely even walk. I'm not allowing you to leave like this," he forbids me.

- "But why not?" I whine, with a childish pout.  I usually use this face when I try to get my way.

 

He starts lecturing me about my safety and lists the many different possibilities of danger that can happen to me.  While my eomma was all ears to his speech —as she disagrees with most of the things mentioned—, I barely listen to want he tells me.

 

- "So from now on until your leg is healed, I'm not allowing you to leave this house alone. Understood?" he says.  I sigh out of relief that his lecture is over.

- "Ne (Yes) appa," I reply politely.  I'm not fully angry because I do kind of agree with him.  I can get even more hurt if I do go out, but I need to talk Youngjae...

 

 

[Monday, March 4th, 2013]

 

I lost it.  My precious locket.  I couldn't go out for the past weeks because of my injury, so I couldn't search for it.  Though my leg is almost completely healed, I was only allowed to go out alone today.  And I can't go to the park now because I'll be late for school.  So I'll have to wait until this after-noon...

 

After entering the school and then finding my homeroom, I sit down in a random seat without having second thoughts.  There is a boy sitting in the chair next to mine, but I don't bother turning his way.  However, in the corner of my eye, I see him staring at me in shock.  When the teacher comes in, he looks to the front.  The class starts with the attendance.

 

- "Kim Yugyeom," the teacher calls after a few names.

- "Present," I soft voice speaks next to me.  I look to the side and the boy's hand was slightly raised.  'Yugyeom' glances at me and I smile.

- "Kyoh Yunhee," the teacher continues.  I look back to the front and raise my hand.

- "I'm present," I say.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My day is good so far.  High school isn't so bad.  I surprisingly didn't get lost yet.  My next class is already the last period before lunch.  I'm on break and I still have plenty of time before the bell rings.  So I guess I should take my time.  I don't like being the first in class.  It's so boring.  I put my headphones on and blast some music on.  I walk with my head turning in all directions, my eyes scanning my surroundings.  Then, someone bumps into me, almost making me fall.  I turn my head and I see a boy bowing at me.  I slide the headphones off and I hear his voice.

 

- "Joesonghabnida (I'm sorry)! I'm-" he starts.  The boy stands up straight.  "trying to look for ..." he trails off.

 

Then I examine him.  Average height.  Neatly styled hair.  Nice brown eyes.  Cute face.  I smile at him.

 

- "Hey! You again?" I say, with a chuckle.  It's the guy that was on the bike at the park last month.  It might seem weird that I'm not mad at him but I don't blame him for what happened.  "I didn't know you come to this school," I continue, pushing aside the incident of bumping into him.  He smiles as well and nods.

- "I just started attending this school.  Is your leg better?" he asks.

- "Ne... You know, the other time, I didn't get your name," I say as a reminder to myself.

- "Ah! I didn't get yours either," he recalls.

- "I guess… we should just start over... Annyeonghaseyo!" I bow.  "Naneun Kyoh Yunhee ibnida (I'm Kyoh Yunhee)! I'm a 97-line, first year, class 1-A," I inform him.

- "Naneun Kunpimook Bhuwakul ibnida.  My friends call me BamBam and I'm also born in 97.  I'm a first year, class 1-B," he introduces.

- "Well it's nice to meet you...BamBam?" I say hesitantly, not sure if I can call him by his nickname.  He nods.

- "Nice to meet you too," he smiles.  "Hey can you help me find my class, please?" he asks.  I accept and he gives me the number of the classroom.  We start to walk around and we talk. "When is your birthday?" he questions with curiosity.

- "March 18," I look at him, waiting for him to react.

- "Really!? Well then I'll keep that in mind. I'll make sure to get you a present," he says with a sweet smile.

 

Wow... we just met and he's already wanting to get me a gift...

 

I just smile, then quickly going back to my search for his class.  

 

- "Ah! There's your class," I point at the door a few feet away.  He smiles.

- "Gamsahabnida! You're a life saver! See you around!" he calls out while going inside.  I then go to my next class as well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

 

RRRIIINNNGGG!!!

 

Yeah! First day of school: DONE!  I run to my locker, rushing to leave to the park.  I need to go find the locket. I grab some books and stuff them in my bag.  I go out of the school and head for the gates.

 

- "Yunhee!" I hear someone call.  I turn around and find BamBam waving his hands in the air so I can see him.  I walk up to him and smile.  "Annyeong (hi)," he says when I approach.

- "Annyeong BamBam," I say.  I turn to the boy next sitting to him and smile.  "Annyeong Yugyeom," I greet him.  He smiles.

- "You know Yugyeom already?" he asks.  Yugyeom and I nod.

- "We're in the same class," I reply.

- "Ah," he says then looks up.  "Hyung!" he calls while waving his hand once again to someone.  I hear footsteps.

- "BamBam, Yugyeom!" a boy calls out.  I turn around and a very familiar boy was coming closer.

- "Hyung!" Yugyeom says as well.

 

Is that...? No it can't be...

 

- "And who is this?" the same boy asks.

- "This is Yunhee. She's in Yugyeom's class," BamBam answers for me. I bow but don't say anything.

- "Annyeong!" he greets.

- "J-Jinyoung? P-Park Jinyoung?" I stutter, feeling confused and nervous that I'm talking to a celebrity.  He nods.

- "Park Jinyoung, or Jr, from duo group JJ Project. You listen to us?" he asks, speaking for his bandmate JB and himself.

- "Ne. I think you guys are... Cool," I say but the last part is muffled by my sleeve over my mouth.

- "Ah! Cute!" he bursts out.

- "Hyung," BamBam tries to say.

- "Yah, where did you find her?" he whispers to the two younger boys.

- "Hyung, we told you already. She's from my cla–," Yugyeom starts to explain but gets interrupted.

- "Who's you're favorite in JJ Project?" he questions me.

- "I-I..." I don't know if I should really tell him who my bias is, or if I just shouldn't talk.

- "It's me, isn't it?" Jinyoung asks, seeming very sure of himself.  He leans in, suddenly close to my face and I take a step back.

- "Yah! Jinyoung! What are you doing!?" a loud voice roars from further away.

 

I look to the side and spot an older looking male, who isn't wearing the school uniform.  Although he has glasses on, I can easily recognize him: Im Jaebum, better known as JB.  While coming towards us, two other guys we're following behind him.

 

Where are all these people coming from!?

 

Jr had also turned to see his friend.  He uprights his position.

 

- "Jaebum! This is Yunhee. She's a fan of ours," he tells JB.

- "Annyeonghaseyo!" I greet with a bow.  He looks at me and smiles.

- "Annyeong!" he says.

- "She said that I'm her favorite!" Jinyoung continues.  Jaebum looks at Jr wide eyed.

- "Is he really your favorite!?" JB asks me in disbelief.

- "I di–" I get interrupted in my disagreement.

- "Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" Jr states.

- "What do you mean 'why'? There are many reasons why you wouldn't be her favorite.  First, you have a much better and, not to mention, more handsome member in your group," the elder boy starts.

 

I then feel a hand take hold of my wrist and pull me away from the two men.  I look up to see BamBam smiling at me.

 

- "Forget those two hyungs. They're saying nonsense. These guys are Mark and Jackson," he acquaints me with his other friends.  "Mark hyung, Jackson hyung, this is Yunhee,"

- "Nice to meet you," the one on the right —I believe his name is Jackson— says.  The other —Mark— only smiles.  "Uh…Can I talk to you for a second BamBam?" he suddenly asks.

- "Um... sure hyung," BamBam answers while walking closer towards him.  Jackson swings an arm over the shoulder of a confused BamBam.  Mark, also puzzled, watches the two.

- "Getting a girlfriend on your first day of school, huh? I think I've been underestimating you," I hear Jackson whisper to him with a smirk.  Mark giggles slightly on the side.  The surprised kid pushes Jackson a bit.

- "HYUNG!" BamBam yells then looks at me. He goes back to the same position.  "She isn't my girlfriend," he whispers.  I chuckle and sit next to Yugyeom.

- "Your friends are... special," I tell him.  I look at the two band mates who are still fighting over who is the best in their group.  My stare switches then to the three guys who were whispering to each other.

- "You don't have to lie to me. I know they're weird," Yugyeom declares while laughing.  I laugh along with him as we start to talk.

- "Yah, Yugyeom! Get away from BamBam's gi-" Jackson's mouth gets covered by BamBam's hand.

- "Don't listen to him! He doesn't know what he's saying," BamBam announces while everyone was staring at the scene.


Hi! I'm finally back with chapter 4!! Not much really happened in this chapter except an introduction to the rest of GOT7.  I still hope you liked it and found that it wasn't disappointing.

As you probably guessed, the guy on the bike in the last chapter was BamBam.  Did I give it away when I said that he would appear in the future chapters? Sorry :/ But it doesn't matter anymore. As long as he's here now :)

Well I gotta go now. I'll TRY to update faster from now on. God bless you!

Bye~